What was your hardest problem to overcome???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you're just trying to get too near hun?
You gotta know the way to get near enough but not too much...hard to describe...easier to show hun x
Keep checking your mix ratios so that you aren't working too wet...maybe??

You are so right!! I was working too far away then I asked Antony and he said I need to get a little closer and I took it a little too far. When I tried it on me it lifted at the cuticle but I could see that my cuticle was touching so I just need to make sure I get that right. Also mix ratio may have a part to play. I will fix it. Gonna try again on me tomorrow thats when I really see if I am getting better as the nail is on me and I can see it for myself. Loving the product though

For me it's smile lines! I can't seem to get them to end up perfect (or near to). Maybe my clients think I'm ok, but I'm not happy with my smile lines. I heard you don't put the pink over the white b/c it smudges the smile line, is this true?? (we put pink over white in my course) hmmm :rolleyes:

can relate to most of the posts... one thing though is using too much product during rebalances and fills... which isv or used to be a problem because I sculpt with my brush, so nail looks fine, theres just too much product, so i have to file a lot... so annoying... I almost got it now but still:rolleyes:

CONFIDENCE! Oh my, confidence! I do get lifting, though I don't get much at all with CND L&P or EzFlow Gel It, as I do with my EzFlow L&P, no idea why!! But I know these things can be overcome. My main problem is confidence. I often get compliments about my nail work, but I just always think people are being kind.

I really need to accept that I can do this, as at the EzFlow and CND conversion courses I had, I was told to get out there and charge decent money 'cos my work is worth it, I just need to overcome my lack of confidence!

Mine was lifting at the cuticle

my prob was getting the stress area right - went to see gigi perform at leeds - i watched, listened and learnt - ive since put those practises into place and they working wonders

ps - i aint read all this thread - just read your post - but i aint changed products - i got to the bottom of my prob and it was sorted

ive noticed a massive difference now that im taking gigi's advice

which just goes to show that updating on skill training is NO WASTE OF TIME OR MONEY,whether it free or not

Hi the dreaded smile lines cannot get them all to match no matter how I try lucky it is only on the nail trainer, going to get a couple of friends round next week, I have done a few in the past and they weren't to bad my sister loved them, but then family do, when I do my own they are not to bad I think it is the thickness of the nail trainer fingers iykwim or am I blaming Florence for something I can't get right hmmmmmm. lol :)

PINCHING !!!!!
I either do it too soon and squash the sides or I do it too late and its set like a bugger :smack:
Joxx

My biggets problem is lack of confidence. I am never happy with the result. There is always something I should have done better. That is quite frustrating.

Another problem I still have is consistency/mix ratio. I see it clearly when I use opaque powders, it kind of leaves shadows. I am not sure if I can explain how it looks. Does anyone else have the same problem with opaque powders?

Lifting used to be a problem, but after I changed to CND, it almost disappeared! What a huge difference!

And of course, it takes about 2 hours or longer to rebalance, but I don't care. "Normal" time between rebalances here is 4 to 5 weeks. I am happy, if I get to rebalance someones nails after 3 weeks, it is much less filing because there is usually very little lifting after 3 weeks!

This was by the way my first post ever! I am pretty proud of my self ;)

My biggets problem is lack of confidence. I am never happy with the result. There is always something I should have done better. That is quite frustrating.

Another problem I still have is consistency/mix ratio. I see it clearly when I use opaque powders, it kind of leaves shadows. I am not sure if I can explain how it looks. Does anyone else have the same problem with opaque powders?

Lifting used to be a problem, but after I changed to CND, it almost disappeared! What a huge difference!

And of course, it takes about 2 hours or longer to rebalance, but I don't care. "Normal" time between rebalances here is 4 to 5 weeks. I am happy, if I get to rebalance someones nails after 3 weeks, it is much less filing because there is usually very little lifting after 3 weeks!

This was by the way my first post ever! I am pretty proud of my self ;)

Well done on your 1st post x

Timing during rebalancing! Why does it take me longer than the initial full set??? And I charge less for it!?!:irked:

mmmmmmmmmmm, doesn't leave much room for my struggles does it??:) I still battle to get all my tips glued without atleast 1 making a wee air bubble underneath, no matter how meticulously I try and place it. Then - once I start to blend the tip, I have to remove it as the air bubble has "blistered" open and it's back to the drawing board again to fir a new tip! The other struggle is trying to get the "ears" of each white smilie the same on each nail. At times, the whites are slighly wider on some nails them on others:eek:, i also still struggle with increasing my time. Here in suuny South Africa folks are feeling the economic crunch baaaadddddly and my nail clients have become few and far between. This not only worries me financially, but how am I to up my technique and time with no hands to work on everyday???, I find that (practising) / working on tips isn't quite the same. Nonetheless, I am going to persevere and hang in there! Good luck to all encountering challenges.:hug:

Oh I am so glad timing isnt just me!!! I take far too long and I KNOW I do, but I just cant seem to cut my time down-I mean 1 and half hours sometimes just for a fill!!! Jeez....oh and rebalances and lifting too... :irked: x

Oh god I love this question, it is great.

My biggest problem (always will be I think) is forms...:irked:
No matter what I do I look like an idiot, they wont sit properly, or if I finally do get it right, the sculpt is horrible, and yet when I do it at home it is excellent, so go figure?? it is really frustrating, so I will just blend...

But having read some of the post, what is 121?? I have not heard of that?:confused:

hi ya

Mines time! First it was lifting all the time but that was down to my hit and miss application - sometimes I`d do a great set no lifting and other times it would be a disaster, it`s only when I worked out why it was happening (poor application to cut a long story short) that I learned to fix the problem. now it is TIME as some of you have said - never seems to be enough - take me on average 1hr 45mins for a full set of P&W L&P.

Karen x

121 means one to one, ie you and an educator together working on any problems you have. x

Latest posts

Back