What wedding glitches have you had???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG! where do I start... firstly I had a nail disaster, I thought I was being clever and did my nails myself ,I chose predesigned tips with a blue butterfly, this was for my something blue, well whilst pulling up my dress to go to the toilet, yes my chief witness was to busy at the bar getting drunk, well the nail broke off.. anyway clever sue here thought oh well have nail glue in my bag er yes had glue but the lid was stuck on fast, I think that all of my guests were trying to undo it at one point some one tried to bite it off it looked like pass the parcel lol. I gave up and went nail less it was my middle finger nail on my ring hand grrrr!!

After our night do we headed off to our hotel, booked in and was shown to our room, my new hubby had flowers and champagne waiting for me aaahhhhhh bless him, anyway, I just had to get my dress off as I was pulled in so tight because me being heavy on top couldnt get a bra/basque to fit me lol anyway, our room had a jacuzzi so started to fill it with hot water as I fancied a soak ooohh my poor feet, just climbed in and started removing all the hair grips out of my hair and then the fire alarm rang, I looked at my hubby and said ha ha how much did you pay them to set it off, he looked at me blankly, we then was asked to go to the carpark as it was their fire meeting point, so I quickly shot out the jacuzzi and hardly had the chance to dry myself properly I then put on my outfit, I had no underwear on lol and my hair was sticking out everywhere from removing my grips lol, eventually the fire brigade and fire engine showed up, we began chatting to another couple who was celebrating their wedding which was nice, finally we got the all clear to go back to our room, we climbed into bed and the fire alarm went off again.. it actually sounded 4 times that night.. lets just say its a night we wont forget ;)

Sue :)

Ermm....ok V you asked for this lol
First time I got pregnant before the wedding:eek:
So instead of a summer wedding we got married in January...was nice actually.
2nd time I got somewhat inebreated sp? (you know) that was just getting ready with the bridesmaids and those lovely little bottles of Moet:eek::lol: By the time we got married I was p*ssed on champagne...can't drink it never have been able to...Later on I was dancing with the girls and slipped on my train...thank GOD no-one had a video handy.
Woke up the next day fully clothed, had tried to take pins out of hair at some point and looked like Toyah. Looked down on the floor and next to us on the floor was one of my husbands friends. Another was asleep in the disabled toilet.
Apparently he couldn't find his room.
It does put me off doing it again I have to say:lol::lol::lol::eek:

PMSL at these, thank god so it's not just me then!!!!

When I got married the second time I really wanted everything to be perfect and basically it was apart from when we got to the hotel and spent ages taking pics and I was dying for a ciggie (my mum didn't know I smoked) and a pee, so after the pics were finished I raced to the loo and lit a fag. Luckily my bridesmaid came to the loo too.......

I got my dress up and then realised, still fag in hand that in my hurry to put on my lovely expensive underwear that I had put the knickers on before I had fastened the suspenders of my basque to my stockings :eek::eek:

Well it was like a carry on film as my bridesmaid undid me, a few of the guests came in to the loo and well you can imagine what they thought, with my bridesmaid's head up my dress and us laughing hysterically :lol::lol:

Just thought of another one! I had my hair cut into a bob at the time my husband proposed and I only had four months until the wedding, so I couldn't grow my hair. I had picked a strapless dress and was feeling a bit scared about the bare arm looked, so decided I would pay for clip in real hair extensions. I paid a bloody fortune for them, as they were blended to match my hair etc. All ok, hair extensions in and they covered my shoulders. All went well until the reception. We had put a group of our best friends at a table together and they drank, and drank, and drank! By the time the meal was over, but before the evening guests arrived, this particular group were really drunk and one of the men obviously decided that the bride was his target for the evening!

He followed me around for about an hour, tried to help my bridesmaid hook my skirts up etc.etc. Eventually, he decided that I wasn't accepting his attentions readily enough and as I walked away, he grabbed my hair and (yes! you guessed it!) ended up with a handful of hair!

You have never seen a bloke sober up so quickly - I think his life flashed before him. His wife arrived to find me shouting at him (most uncouth!), and saw him with a handful of my hair! Looking back it is funny and he apologises every time he sees me - even 4 years on!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It's official.

You have all scared the hell outta me and I might just call the whole thing off.

:lol:

these are soo funny
ive been married twice
cant remeber much about the first one except that me and my dad were slugging whiskey like there was no tomorrow before we left for the wedding,( he gets terrible nerves) i was drunk lol

second wedding, my dad shut my veil in the car door as it was pulling away!!!!, me shouting dad , dad, dadddddd!! lol
had to do a quick readjustment in the registry office mirror,
and then me and my dad got wedged in a doorway as the bridal march was playing!!! ssooooo funny !!!

got pictures of me in wedding dress pulling pints behind bar that we had reception, in was the place where i worked, great day

My friends wedding reception venue went up in flames a couple of weeks before the wedding.
Luckliy they had wedding insurance and found another venue further out and the insurance laid on coaches for the guests.

Well there had been some issues between me & groom before wedding,but these were resolved, wedding day was going to be cut off day!!

Anyway, morning of the wedding me and mum were walking to Hairdressers and we called at the local Co-Op, I was walking out behind me mum when all of a sudden she shoved me back in the shop and told me not to look?!!? Turned out groom to be had come to collect his mum from hairdresser instead of his dad and was sat in the car, so mum made him cover his eyes and I had to cover mine so we didn't see each other (Mum's!!:rolleyes:)

Anyway got through that was dress waiting for car, car came I managed to get in (god only knows how!!) when I felt the top of my dress suddnly feel looser - clasp had gone! luclky it stayed up for the service, had problems when it came to the meal so I had to have a saftey pin hold top together, anyway all was going well getting merry, but flowers hadn't arrived for mother's (florest had wrong date!!) then new Husband went out side chasing his nephew, but slipped off a wall and gave him self a black eye, all his female family members started having a go at him, so when I appered wanting to get some ice on his eye, I got a right mouthful, but he said he wouldn't drink any more, then if things couldn't get any worse some one broke the bottle of red wine I'd got my dad, and a waitress brought it over to show me and promptly spilt it down my dress:eek:

Then mum had a word with husband as he was getting another alcoholic drink to which she got a mouthful, so I got involved, needless to say it was brought to a sharpe holt when I cracked him!!:eek: (not a proud moment)

Anyway went to hotel not talking, next morning hubby wanted to know why his eye was stuck to the pillow (result of falling into wall - not by me!!:lol:) he couldn't remember anything after the fall but judging by my reaction he knew it wasn't good, anyway alot of grovelling and appologies later we're still blissfully married and couldn't be happier!!

I still laugh when I think of my wedding, we bought and closed on our first home the friday before the wedding, I had to be out of my apartment that friday, he had to be out of his also on that friday, so we thought well since we're closing we can just move into the new house.....the basement was flooded, the carpets were filthy, I had to clean like there was no tomorrow and still get to rehearsal on time. My family moved my stuff into my aunts garage, his family moved his stuff to his brother's garage, he slept on his mother's couch, I got the hide a bed since the guest rooms at the rest of the family's houses were full.

My husband's sister decorates wedding cakes and does catering, she was in charge of the cake, the neighbor offered to let us keep it at their house since it was very hot and they have air conditioning, great idea right? Their dog got on the table and ate the roses off the cake, sick dog led to finding missing roses.

Decorations went smoothly, except for the flat tire before I left for my hair appointment.

Wedding appeared to be coming together..my cake melted, remember it was rather hot, the wind was gusting, my viel in every picture is horizontal or straight up in the air. My Dad's toupee slipped ending up crooked, then lifting up, I finally convinced him to just take it off! The phone rang during the vow's, life flight our rescue helicopter flew over and we all got the giggles.

My friends and their spiked punch were clearly divided from my non drinking family who I think may have been shocked by the amount of alcohol being consumed and the toasts being made, and as a final farewell, my car being filled with newspaper, packing peanuts and 1 nephew.

I'd still do it again, same guy...16 years later. Except maybe we'd elope....:lol:

My bridesmaid (3 years old) sat on a ledge and leant on a statue pillar. The head of the statue fell off and split her head open.

Our wedding breakfast was minus my best friend and eldest bridesmaid, her partner and my goddaughter, who came back from hospital with a very bloodied dress and a gash in her head.

Hee Hee these are fabby!!

I forgot to add that my sussy belt twisted when i put my tights on and i couldn't figure out what was causing me so much pain all day I thought it was my dress was too tight even though loosening it wasn't helping!

When my hubby stripped me at night and removed my sussy belt i had a bruised swollen purple ring going right round my waist which has left a faint scar to this day!

Hee Hee these are fabby!!

I forgot to add that my sussy belt twisted when i put my tights on and i couldn't figure out what was causing me so much pain all day I thought it was my dress was too tight even though loosening it wasn't helping!

When my hubby stripped me at night and removed my sussy belt i had a bruised swollen purple ring going right round my waist which has left a faint scar to this day!

:lol:Is it a scots-ism?!?! wots a sussy belt?:smack:

I got the name of the Church wrong - It did used to be St Helens Catholic Cathedral, but when they did it up and rebuilt about half of it they renamed it St Mary & St Helens Roman Catholic Cathedral - on the morning of the wedding the Registrar had to track down hubs to be at his hotel and get him to fill in the forms again or the wedding would'nt have been legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say he didnt tell me until we were on our hunnymoon.

Which was in the Florida Keys the Sunday after Hurricane Andrew - we still went but we had to drive through Dade county which was flattened. Most of the people there lived in trailer parks and it was utterly devistated.

The hotel was half empty because of the hurricane and they were so grateful that we still came.

Trish xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
these are well funny , am glad i aint getting married though , i think i will live in sin forever , haha

Latest posts

Back