What you getting your mum for mothers day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuise.e

Reaction score
I thought I'd try something different this year for my mum as my brothers always get her flowers. I usually get her flowers as I live the other end of the country but I want to make her up a personal goodie box - trying to think what to put in it, have so far come up with
A soppy novel with a happy ending ( she loves these)
A bookmark
A sudoko book ( to stop signs of dementia)
Mini Baileys and Shnapps
Chocolates
Scented candle
bath bomb

can't think of anything else ?

i havent got a mum but my daughters a mum so i am taking her for dinner and get her a little goody bag

crickey haven't really thought about it yet, as I'm on holiday on mothers day, what a nasty daughter I am!

I will probably send her some flowers or a bunch of balloons or something like that.

Usaully I would club together with my sister and get her a HUGE punch of fancy flowers. This year I think I will get her a bunch of books, she loves to read.

Its my mums birthday a couple of days before and i spent so much on the birthday gift i have nothing left for mothers day! breakfast in bed it is then!

i cant say what i am getting my mum as she is on geek site all the time (nailsinlondon1 lol) all i will say is its something special

well, as I'm completely and utterly skint this year, I will make her dinner (I was going to take her out, but we'll be going out for my sisters 18th and my 21st on the saturday and as I said, completely skint) - I'm looking for a nice, three course menu and I'm going to make her a beautiful card.

I'm also trying to think about other things to do / make and give her.

Hope I don't sound cheap :cry:

Probably a nice top or something, she is a cool and trendy mum and like me she just luuuuurves clothes!

I have no idea yet, in fact I hadn't realised it's only next week-end:Scared:
Guess I will spoil her with the age old tradition of flowers!

im not geting my mum anything, we dont ever buy prezzies for eachother, from my kids i like to get a card they have made themselves:) and a cup of tea in bed

I bought my mum and mother in law a lovely broach each off of Ebay.
Different designs though. Put them in a little gift box and then in a little gift bag.
They didnt cost much but its the thought that counts.

im taking my wondeful mum out for some posh nosh at a restaurant she keeps raving about.

Prob get her some nice star gazer lillies too, she loves them.

Amb xxx

I do not go mad at Mothers day I but both my Mum and Hubbies Mum a nice card when I see them in the year they get flowers and chocs.

My kids also get me a card also make cards for me they will bring me a drink in the moring and we will all lay in my bed LOL!!!! for an extra hour if we are lucky.

Caz xxx:biggrin:

tentips said:
I have no idea yet, in fact I hadn't realised it's only next week-end:Scared:
Guess I will spoil her with the age old tradition of flowers!

I'm very organised - obviously got too much time on my hands lol!!

This is very true it is the thought that counts I do not expect anything from my kids and I always get a homemade card which means so much to me I have all my mothersday cards from the last 22 years :) Depending on the money flow I might get a gift or if I really need somthing hubby will get this and let the kids give it to me.

Caz xxx

bubbabinks said:
I bought my mum and mother in law a lovely broach each off of Ebay.
Different designs though. Put them in a little gift box and then in a little gift bag.
They didnt cost much but its the thought that counts.

Yes you are:biggrin:

Caz xxx

Zuise.e said:
I'm very organised - obviously got too much time on my hands lol!!

I am thinking of getting my mother this year a brain transplant! Prolly best not to embroil my reasons ... suffice to say she is going on 65 but acting like a foolish 14 year old .... oh humm... she will prolly get some flowers to let her know I 'still' love her! :sad:

As for me .... if hubby remembers I will prolly get .... Nadda lol!!! if he forgets then I will prolly get ... Nadda! I bet I get a hand made card from Jamiepoo though what he makes at the nursary :) I usually get a lovely card off of my eldest too which is very nice to be thought of :)

A huge bunch off flowers to lay on her grave R.I.P mum luvs ya :hug:

Latest posts

Back