Whats your phobia?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belly buttons, feel like I'm gonna pass out if anyone goes near mine and gag if someone touches their own!! Even talking about them!!!!

Organza bags....eurgh!!!!

Another belly button hater here! My hubby thinks it's hilarious to call me and when I turn around he has his finger in is belly button. I gag it's a ridiculous reaction but I can't help it!

mine is baked beans ugh! I can just about touch a can of them that isn't open but if one touches me or i get the juice on me I'll rub myself red raw until i feel like its off me. They actually make me gag. Evil evil things! My sis used to chase me round the house with one on a spoon. When i worked at the nursery i couldn't feed the babies beans as part of their lunch as i used to heave. Needless to say my colleagues found this hilarious and tormented me with them!

Oh god....... Wrinkly fingers!!!! Boke!!!! I HATE them, I have actual goosebumps right now just thinking about it! I NEVER go for a bath ever, just for the fear it.

Rank rank rank!!!!

X

Mines joints particularly knees, I had a tan done for my wedding, before I discovered the wonders of spray tanning, and wanted to punch the therapist when she did my knees eough im cringing thinking about it!!

Cant stand knocking on doors using my knuckles and Im not a big fan of elbow either!! Completely irrational and strange I know!!!;)

Mine is mice! OMG, I can't even express how scared I am of mice. We have some at my other job and if I see one it scares the life out of me. They are just so fast and disgusting! Everytime I am in the kitchen (at my other job) I keep thinking "I am going to see one, I going to see one"
We caught 4 already but there is more as we found droppings. I can't even look at pictures of mice/rats in books or on the internet.Sends shivers down my spine.

For me its clowns, anything with a clowns face, or someone dressed as a clown I freak out bigtime, they scare me so much!!! I was once in town with my hubby and daughters and there was a person in a clown costume in the main square doing promotions for a new store opening.

I froze on the spot and hubby had to take me home! :(

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

I never understood what's this clown phobia is all about. But so many people are scared of clowns :lol:I find them funny :lol:

My phobia is needles, I faint at any injection I have ever had, also the few times ive had bloods taken I have ended up in the spare doctors room as I couldnt even stand afterwards!
I cant watch programmes like, casulty, holby etc as it makes me feel ill.

Years ago I was watching the film ''Flatliners'' and was found in a heap in the kitchen when I went through to get a glass of water as didnt feel well!

Its a terrible thing to have, I have thought about getting hypnotised to see if it would help....... :cry:

Laura x

Acupuncture as a cure?......Maybe not!

I have an irrational fear of heights, unless I am enclosed within an aeroplane.

My knees simply buckle, and my legs turn to jelly :Scared:

Mould!!!!!!

Petrifying. Makes me scream and run at the sight of it. I cannot touch anything mouldy... Makes me shiver thinking about its furryness :-\

Needles - I used to have to take my own blood as I couldn't bear anyone else putting a needle in me

Bridges over water - I think this came about as a boat crashed into Southend Pier the day after I'd been on the train

Spiders - my toxic mother used to throw the tops of tomatoes at me which really helped. Not.

ESCALATORS - ive had hypnotherapy twice , i went to salon last year ,got there ok , but on way back stopped off at holborn -big mistake - had humungeous panic attack , at foot of escalator , broke down crying hysterically there was no other way out - litter picker came up and tried to get some sense out of me , i could only point ,and then got even more hysterical , well he took my hand and held it all theway up , i gave him such a big hug ( and i hate touching people!) i love that guy , what a hero .

OMG,me too,I'm terrified of escalators,I've never met anyone else who also has a phobia about these bloody things,what a great guy helping you :) But for me I still couldn't have done it :( I will not go in or near a shop that has an escalator,it was from when I was about 6 and I was in argos with my parents christmas shopping and they had gone up the escalator and I was trapped at the bottom on my own,and I was screaming and crying and dad had to come back down but then couldn't get me to go back up,so the manager had to let us go up the staff elevator,which really freaked me out,and I can't go in an elevator on my own now either,but escalators just reduce me to a horrendous,wailing,shaking mess lol My hubby hates having to avoid going to shops that have them,but nope I will not budge lol

I also have the usual spiders and heights,but I also can't eat sandwiches!! In anyway shape or form and if I see someone eating a sandwich I have to leave the room before I turn physically sick :Scared:

Tammy, my hubs is terrified of frogs too lol and I do the same to him,hiding life like frogs behind doors and under flowe pots,it is so funny to see him freak out,although when his mum did it,he broke his toe from trying to run away in fear:eek: OMG I'm not a good wife lol Why is he married to me lol I'm so going to hell.

Oh and I just remembered,even though I have 10 cats and adore them,I can't stand it if one of the fur babes lick me lol I'm gone and outta the room cringing. I'm a freak :eek:

Broken glass, i totally flip, don't ask me why but it scares me to death

Butterflies:Scared::Scared::Scared:
Don't know why. Even went in a butterfly house once to try and get rid of the fear. Kept my eyes closed and nearly broke my hubbies hand. At least he waited till later to tell me I had a big one on my back :eek:

Also can't walk on carpet with wet feet.

Vicki xx

Butterflies:Scared::Scared::Scared:
Don't know why. Even went in a butterfly house once to try and get rid of the fear. Kept my eyes closed and nearly broke my hubbies hand. At least he waited till later to tell me I had a big one on my back :eek:

Also can't walk on carpet with wet feet.

Vicki xx

No way!! I LOVE them lol theyre so peaceful and beautiful :) haha x

Snakes, coming from South Africa they are all over - they absolutely terrify me :Scared:

No way!! I LOVE them lol theyre so peaceful and beautiful :) haha x

Nooooo stop it. And they know I don't like them because they come straight for me. Have me running through that house squealing

Powdered bags and gloves. Just the sound and feel.... All my hairs are standing on end now! Also a good excuse to buy a new, bigger handbag!😃

20-09-09, 09:10 AM
Its not so much a phobia but i HATE it when your eating an ice lolly and get down to the wooden stick. If i accidently lick it that makes me gag!! I end up leaving half the lolly in fear of getting down to it!

I do however have a fear of hospitals, absolutely hate them. No one likes hospitals but i hate them.

Buttons must be awful! How can you avoid them! xx

Oh my god I hate the wooden stick too, I bit one when I was a kid and it splintered ever since then I can't stand them. I even wrap the stick in tissue to avoid holding it.

I have arachnophbia, however it isnt quite as bad as it used to be. I can watch spiders on tv now ( as long as I know they are going to be on). I would love to get treatment for it.

Latest posts

Back