Whats your phobia?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have arachnophbia, however it isnt quite as bad as it used to be. I can watch spiders on tv now ( as long as I know they are going to be on). I would love to get treatment for it.

I also have arachnophobia. For an Australian, it poses quite an issue as we seem to have about a billion different species here....my worst is the huntsman which is one of the most common house spiders here. It had recently been getting more chronic until I had an incident with one in the shower about a month ago which seems to have semi-cured my issue.

I went to have a shower one night and there was a small huntsman in the shower. I ran off to grab the fly spray and by the time I got back it had disappeared. I couldn't find it anywhere.....I had the shortest shower in history, with the door open just in case I had to jump out.

The next day still no sign of it. That night, I had another good look around and still couldn't see it. Turned on the water, got it, shut the screen...the spider appears from under the lip of the shower...AND RUNS UP MY LEG :eek:....I turn ninja and flick it off.....it hits the bottom of the shower....AND RUNS BACK UP MY LEG :eek::eek: *insert mild heart attack here*....I couldn't find it for about 5 seconds, it was sitting on my hip, I flick it off again, and the water gets it and it dies....

After such a close encounter, I am semi cured...however, a huntsman the size of my hand ran across the lounge room wall a few nights ago. He went behind the TV unit so I sprayed some fly spray in the general area but he hasn't been seen since. I have the can beside me just it case he reappears.....:evil:

I also have arachnophobia. For an Australian, it poses quite an issue as we seem to have about a billion different species here....my worst is the huntsman which is one of the most common house spiders here. It had recently been getting more chronic until I had an incident with one in the shower about a month ago which seems to have semi-cured my issue.

I went to have a shower one night and there was a small huntsman in the shower. I ran off to grab the fly spray and by the time I got back it had disappeared. I couldn't find it anywhere.....I had the shortest shower in history, with the door open just in case I had to jump out.

The next day still no sign of it. That night, I had another good look around and still couldn't see it. Turned on the water, got it, shut the screen...the spider appears from under the lip of the shower...AND RUNS UP MY LEG :eek:....I turn ninja and flick it off.....it hits the bottom of the shower....AND RUNS BACK UP MY LEG :eek::eek: *insert mild heart attack here*....I couldn't find it for about 5 seconds, it was sitting on my hip, I flick it off again, and the water gets it and it dies....

After such a close encounter, I am semi cured...however, a huntsman the size of my hand ran across the lounge room wall a few nights ago. He went behind the TV unit so I sprayed some fly spray in the general area but he hasn't been seen since. I have the can beside me just it case he reappears.....:evil:

Eeeeeek!!! I was in Oz last year and our friends there told us some right stories about them! Although a 'small huntsman' is still probably MASSIVE!

We had a huge one in our bath so i dropped a big heavy book on it and then left it for the boyfriend to clean up!

But huntsman up leg OMG! I would have been hysterical!

i have agoraphobia but apart from that im terrified of sheep and butterflies lololol! they make me sick even to look at on TV x

oh and needles :(

huntsman the size of my hand

I had heard of the species but after taking a deep breath decided to be brave and had to google to be sure. OMG, I am covered in goggies just reading about them. I'd be moving out right now, after I'd been pulled off the ceiling!!

Eeeeeek!!! I was in Oz last year and our friends there told us some right stories about them! Although a 'small huntsman' is still probably MASSIVE!

We had a huge one in our bath so i dropped a big heavy book on it and then left it for the boyfriend to clean up!

But huntsman up leg OMG! I would have been hysterical!

I think I was past the hysterical stage...to the frozen statue stage...I think my heart did technically stop for a few seconds....

I had heard of the species but after taking a deep breath decided to be brave and had to google to be sure. OMG, I am covered in goggies just reading about them. I'd be moving out right now, after I'd been pulled off the ceiling!!

The worst thing is a week or so ago there was a largish one on the hall wall. It only had 4 legs. I fear it may have lost a fight with a larger huntsman :eek:

There seems to be a lot of them around at the moment. I am contemplating buying a truckload of insect bombs and bombing the house if they get much bigger.

I just checed these spiders out on youtube & it made me shiver & feel sick. I couldnt watch it for more than 30 secs. I swear I could not live there. I dont know how you do it.x

Commitment phobe! Im not married (a fact usually blamed on my other half, will let him take that :lol:), no kids, no mortgage, no lease, no decided city to live in, no long term commitments to anything. Appointments in my diary of any kind of over a month away make me uneasy :eek:

I need to book tickets for Costa Rica in January. Im riding it out til December starts :lol:

Definitely sick! I had cognitive behavioural therapy because this phobia was effecting my life! Glad to say I have been discharged from the therapy but it is still on my mind! If you have a bad phobia, never leave it on your mind, try and find a way to see through it :) x

I have a phobia of cows, thankfully they don't live in the house.

And confined spaces.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Not sure if it's been said before but since I was a child I've been scared of velvet to the point if I see it or touch my hairs on my arms stand up on end shivers down my spine and feeling sick, it's crazy lol but it really affects me id love to be hypnotised for it

Xooxoxo

Not sure if it's been said before but since I was a child I've been scared of velvet to the point if I see it or touch my hairs on my arms stand up on end shivers down my spine and feeling sick, it's crazy lol but it really affects me id love to be hypnotised for it

Xooxoxo

Wow I haven't heard that one before!

It's amazing how many day to day things people have a phobia of like baked beans, bubblewrap and I once read someone had a phobia of pastry! When it's uncooked and you have a blob of dough.

I wonder where they stem from?!

The dark :/

I dont know if any of you have been to Hastings but they have a ghost train and it's not even pitch black in there and I still screamed the place down. Also don't take me near that ride in Thorpe park - hysterical is an understatement.

I sleep with a Winnie the pooh nightlight even now and I turn 21 on Monday...haha.

Also don't like bugs, if there are any in my room I can't sleep til someone's got rid of it. My dad thinks its hilarious and torments me with the tissue + squashed bug. Love butterflies though :) x

The dark :/

Awww I feel ur pain hun, I'm petrified of the dark too. If we ever stay anywhere unfamiliar and I wake up needing the loo in the night I make my poor boyf come with me lol.

Ooh and as someone else said, cows for me too, I am practically in tears just driving past a field of them :/

I am absolutely terrified of clowns. And spiders. And anything remotely like a spider or creepy crawly. But clowns :Scared: :Scared:

Omg I have a huge fear of spiders and this happened to me!
I was in the shower, I turn round and this big spider was facing me so of course I jump out the shower turn back to see if its still their about had jumped on to the top of the bath so of course I cream even more for my mum this time.
By now I'm dripping wet and naked trying to protect my dignity whilst being scared s***less!
My mum is laughing at me And I shout at her to pass me an effing dressing gown so I'm not naked..
Eventually she removed it but it took me ages before I could get back in the shower because I felt as if it were still their.
Think it made my dear worse!

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Commitment phobe! Im not married (a fact usually blamed on my other half, will let him take that :lol:), no kids, no mortgage, no lease, no decided city to live in, no long term commitments to anything. Appointments in my diary of any kind of over a month away make me uneasy :eek:

I need to book tickets for Costa Rica in January. Im riding it out til December starts :lol:

I'm the complete opposite...I feel very uncomfortable and unsettled if I don't feel secure...the longer I'm guaranteed commitment to something the better I feel...if I was guaranteed my lease would be for 5 years I'd be very happy. Even a yearly lease makes me worry about the fact that it might not get renewed next year. I've worked for the same company for nearly 10 years because it's safe. I like things to be set - definately not a fly by the seat of my pants kind of person.

Latest posts

Back