Whats your phobia?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is also sick. I totally freak out if anyone mentions they are feeling unwell, there is a sick bug going round or if I have to go to the doctors in case anyone is sick there etc. I have full on panic attacks which then make me worse because they make me feel nauseous! I will do ANYTHING to stop myself from being sick!!

I'm just surprised your marriage has lasted 30 years!

You know the real irony in this? My husband besides owning a landscape maintenance company, where he encounters both rats and garden snakes, is a full-time PARK RANGER where he encounters rats and DANGEROUS snakes. SMDH

Makes me shiver just thinking of it. Gross.

Mine are Trypanophobia (needles) Arachnophobia (Spiders) and don't laugh but Gephyrophobia (crossing bridges.

Now in my defence I'm fine with most bridges but if it is over water, even a tiny stream and only two foot of the ground or if it is a really high bridge I get really anxious, some I can not cross when others I can. I was hung by my ankles over the M32 from a foot bridge on my 10th Birthday but some school bullies and I think that is where my fear of bridges has come from.

I have no idea why I'm scared of spiders and needles. I can just about cope with spiders as long as they are not on me or near me but I lose all control when it comes to needles, I don't know what I'm doing and just have to get away from them. It takes 3 nurses to give me an injetion or take blood, 2 to hold me still on the bed and 1 to do it. I know they are iirrational fears but I just can not help myself.

I had to be knocked out to have my c-section with my youngiest. I explained I was a needle phobic to the anaesthetist and they agreed to give me a general anaesthetic, as they where going through my consent form, I nurse rolled in a trolley with everything for the epidural layed out on it. I paniced, jumped of the bed and tried to get away from it, now it was by the door, so I could not run out of the room, the moniters I was hocked up to went mental for both me and baby, the nurse decided it would be smart to grab hold of me and I nearly broke her wrist trying to get away from her (in my mind she still had the massive needle!) ended up with hubby getting inbetween her and me to make her let go and then he calmed me down. My heart rate went back down and babys came back up.

Then the anaesthetist just looked at me and said "wow you really are scared of needles, most people that say they are do not react to bad but I've never seen someone react like that before" Needless to say, they had me lead down when Hubby laying around my chest, hold my head before they gave me the general anaesthetic (while I'm screaming, crying and begging them to let me go)

:o

Not my phobia, but my husband's...he's terrified of snakes and rats. I've enjoyed the last 30 years of our married life placing fake versions of these creatures in various places around our home, in sheds, in cars or in boats just to watch him stumble out the door or scream like a little girl.

I'm going straight to hell, aren't I?

Hum YES! thats bad but funny as hell.

Mine are Trypanophobia (needles) Arachnophobia (Spiders) and don't laugh but Gephyrophobia (crossing bridges.

:o

I hope you never have to flee for your life across a bridge from needle wielding spiders.

I was going to post a thread about phobias, but did a search and saw this one.

Mine was learning to drive, I failed a test many years ago (at the age of 22) then left it for 16 years before taking it up again. for some reason I was petrified of doing so.

I am pleased to say that I passed my theory (first time) and have my test coming up soon! (and have only had 10 hours tuition this time) I am also more than happy to drive my little car everywhere whenever me, my OH and stepson need to go out :)

Good luck! I failed twice and passed 3rd time, took kalms for a month aswell :) xx

Not so much a phobia, but my husband was mucking about and there was a wasp, he thought it would be funny to hold me so I couldnt move away from it, I ended up punching him, thankfully not the face, but still a full force punch and since then I petrified of being restrained.

Im also scared of the dentist, I manage to go every six months but worry about it for about 2 weeks before and end up with the back of my head being really sore as I push it into the seat, dont know if Im trying to get away from him!

Annie xx

I hope you never have to flee for your life across a bridge from needle wielding spiders.

You'd never see someone run so fast pmsl.

I think my fear of needles would overcome my fear of the bridge.

I have quite a bizarre phobia seeing as I work in a office.....phones! My heart goes when I have to answer the phone in the office I won't answer my mobile to anyone apart from the other half, parents and sisters. Making a call is a complete nightmare I will avoid making a call and email instead if possible. Thankfully it's my sister that takes appointments for our beauty business.

I was going to post a thread about phobias, but did a search and saw this one.

Mine was learning to drive, I failed a test many years ago (at the age of 22) then left it for 16 years before taking it up again. for some reason I was petrified of doing so.

I am pleased to say that I passed my theory (first time) and have my test coming up soon! (and have only had 10 hours tuition this time) I am also more than happy to drive my little car everywhere whenever me, my OH and stepson need to go out :)

I am pleased to day that I passed my driving test today, third attempt.

Never give up ladies :)

Congratulations Hun :) .. Total freedom for you now :) xxx

Well I have three lol 1st is wool anything wooly the feel of it omg :eek: and seeing kids sucking or biting the sleeve of there wooly jumper it's making my teeth go now lol 2nd people running up stairs behind me or when my fiancé runs up the stairs behind me I freak heart goes:eek: mad sweat the lot lol.3rd moths there wings isn't a problem it's there furry fuzzy bodies lol sickening

For me its clowns, anything with a clowns face, or someone dressed as a clown I freak out bigtime, they scare me so much!!! I was once in town with my hubby and daughters and there was a person in a clown costume in the main square doing promotions for a new store opening.

I froze on the spot and hubby had to take me home! :(

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

I have quite a lot, but the worse ones are the usual spiders. I scratched myself really badly once because one was down my top and I went hysterical trying to get it out! The feel of terracotta i cant stand and the other is.. Marbles!!! Weird I know but I hate the sound of them clanging together.. Just thinking about it now is making me EEK!!!

I have a phobia of spiders, i have to know they are dead before i go anywhere near the room it was in, if im on my own the dog normally kills and eats them for me lol! Also i hate the dentist i can go in but i panic about it for the whole week before i go and then sit in the waiting room asking my OH if i can leave now instead of going in.
Not a phobia really but i cannot stand the feel of microfibre or fleece i hate the feel of it and if i accidentally touch anything made of it it makes me shudder :/

The usual, spiders. Hate them, bring me out in a cold sweat. Also clowns & dolls. I always think the dolls will come alive whilst I'm asleep! Especially hate those kids 'lifelike' ones & any of those with porcelain faces. Also (sorry in advance for disgusting image) hate hate hate snot! Makes me gag, can feel myself needing to wretch just thinking about it! If I child has it pouring down their face I can't even look at them!

Belly buttons, feel like I'm gonna pass out if anyone goes near mine and gag if someone touches their own!! Even talking about them!!!!

Organza bags....eurgh!!!!

Latest posts

Back