What's your quirky habit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'chelle

Reaction score
There's been lots of "factfinding" threads recently, such as who are you like, whats your name etc, so I thought I'd contribute!

I'll go first. I have two quirky habits and these are:

1) Before I get in bed at night I have to lift my pillows up and check that there aren't any spiders! (have never found one but I still do it)

2) I am 31 years old yet I still refuse to eat the crusts on a sandwich. Even if the sandwich is in a teacake I still rip the edges off because I consider these to be the crusts! I also have to have any sandwich cut into 4 like baby sandwiches!

Go on then you strange geeks you.... what are your quirky habits??

I always do the pillow and spiders thing too...:lol:....and my dressing gown cos it hangs on the back of the bathroom door...i have to look in each pocket and turn the sleeves inside out before i put it on.

I also chew the inside of my mouth.....Rob hates it and always tells me off.

Very good topic!! Bare with me i have a list :lol:

1. Like the poster unable to eat the crust lol
2.After going to the toilette i never turn the light off and quickly dash down the stairs (what a wimp)
3.I always have to go to bed with my make-up on (god knows why??)
4.After eating something like dinner or lunch always have to have something sweet afterwards

And i think thats me done! :)

Have to brush my hair and put lip balm on before I get into bed, always the very last thing I do.
I hold my breath a lot!
I have to put parmasan cheese on noodles!!

I probably could go on forever - I have lots of weird things!

:)I alway's have to brush my teeth after I have washed my hair even if I may have brushed them an hour ago,

Before getting in bed I alway's ruffle my pillow until it is even all over and soft
(it's a feather pillow) I cannot have the curtains drawn in the bedroom, there has to be some sort of light.

When I use butter I alway's scrape the butter in the tub so that it is alway's even (can't stand opening a butter tub and chunks are out of it)

Well that's a few I have other's but it will take for ever:)

I click my jaw all the time,
It not lined up properly, so sometimes I just have the urge to open and click it,..
Aside from the fact it makes me look like a total freak...It really go's through some people,

I have to shut all the wardrobe doors before I get into bed, even if they are a teeny bit open,

I also chew my lip and then moan constantly about how sore it is :rolleyes:

I have a habit of putting my glasses on the top of my head...and forgetting that I wear my hair curly now...I get my glasses stuck !!!
The other day I fought and fought and couldnt get them out..had to leave them stuck in my hair while I saw a hyserical client to the door .
then get them out in privacy :rolleyes:

I have to stir my tea bag 20 times in the brew...even if doors knocking and phones ringing...that tea bag gets its full 20 stirs !!!

Thats all I can think of at the mo ...

I have loads
i grind my teeth in my sleep, that drives ME mad as it ruins my teeth,
i always have a coffee and a dark kitkat for breakfast, (terrible habit )

I also bite the inside of my mouth like Bagpuss and get told off.
I twist the corner of a tissue into a point and tickle my ear with it.

Oh I can relate to the tea bag stirring thing.
Everytime I turn up the tv, radio or anything else it has to be on an even number.
My other half finds it funny to put it on an odd number to see if I will change it (of course I do!!!!)

i count the stairs everytime i go up or down them( count in my head)
i do it on every set of stairs not just mine!!!!!!!

i also cant stop checking my eggs in the fridge!! i cant have three together, they have to be in pairs, so they all have a partner! if a recipe calls for one egg, and it will leave me with three, i use two eggs instead!
twos company, threes a crowd!!

i switch my bedroom light off then jump to the bed so i dont go near the bottom edge( just incase the boogy monster is real)
i still listen out for santa on the roof on xmas eve
i buy clothes and never wear them!

God I have lots too but here are a couple

Whenever I have a packet of crisps, I have to fold the bag over and over and then fold it in on itself, so it's tied if that makes sense.

I fluff my pillows for the same spider reasons as above:eek:

when I peg out my washing all pegs have to be the same colour on each bit of laundry and pj tops and bottoms have to be next to each other etc.!!!!!!

Oh my god I need help!!!! :lol:

I have to check half a dozen times before I leave the house in the morning that Ive got my keys on me,even though I know I have got them on me, I still have to keep checking again and again,I would just hate to lock myself out or to be left on the door step without being able to get in my car.:)

I turn my pillow's over before I get into bed....

If i'm in bed and need to go to the loo, when I pass the top of the stairs I never look down them..........

I also chew the inside of my mouth....

Well i didn't think i had any but now i know i do :lol:
I must have all the doors in the house closed at night time, it really bugs me that Percy cat can open them.

When i bring the washing in i have to have the pegs hanging in the little hole thingy so that i can slide them along the line without then getting jammed.

I put the quilt between my legs then kinda do a roll so that i'm wrapped up and Ray isn't! :lol:

And from now on i'll be checking my pillow for spiders as i'm scared now it it's all you lots falut!!!!!!!:eek:

I brush my teeth after doing my face in the morning, never before!
When I turn off the light in the bedroom, I point at the position in the bed I want to be, just incase I get lost along the way! lol!!

I think we must all be a psychiatrists dream:) there's a lot of ocd cases here.

I brush my teeth after doing my face in the morning, never before!

Me too ,its makeup on the face, teeth and then breakfast.!Good job I dont wear lippy ah.

All my hangers in the wardrobe must face the same way round LOL!

I also have to check all the doors are locked twice before bed even if i know that they are locked!!

Oh, and make sure the cat has enough food and water.

Oh the things we do LOL

I have to have the covers right up to my neck in bed, I can't stand anyone going near my neck it makes me cry proper tears!!!!!! I think I was beheaded in a previous life!!!

Latest posts

Back