What's your quirky habit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are all completely and utterly barking:green:

I always hold a tea strainer over my cup to catch any limescale bits from the Kettle when I have a cuppa! Cant drink it otherwise.

I have this bothersome habit of twisting my hair.

My hair is very curly and thick and there are these long sort of wringlet type curls I can't tell you how irresistible it is to twist and twirl a section of hair. I'm always searching for the perfect one - curled just right and all the strands curled the same way. It's awful. I've found myself doing it when I'm out lately.

But if you don't have curly hair..... you couldn't possible understand the allure.....

I've got to dry my ears with a cotton bud after washing my hair. I'm not right all day if I don't :irked:
With tea, I MUST have my milk in first.
I also grind my teeth when I slepp and 'do' the laundry thingy with same coloured pegs and jammie tops & bottoms together. I also like my towels to go from longest to shortest on the line.
OMG. Help me, I just read that back :eek: I so need to get life...................

When I have a packet of crisps or sweets, I have to open them up with the packet facing the right way up. They wouldn't taste right if I opened the packet upside down.

I have to eat the top half of a sandwich first before the bottom half.

I eat my food on my plate one item at a time, eg I eat all the peas, then I eat the meat, then the potatoes.

I hate having things "mixed" on my plate, unless they are meant to be like that, eg I can eat stew with vegetables in it, but dont put a spoon of peas and corn mixed together near my plate.

Notice how all these are food issues -Think I have a problem!

I have to close the bedroom door when going to bed - I can't sleep with it open cause it freaks me out.

I chew the inside of my mouth.

I have to clean out my ears after shampooing my hair.

I have a specific morning routine to get ready in the morning so I don't forget anything.

I have to light incense after cleaning the house.

When I get out of the shower I pull my towel from the rail really quick and open it out. I quickly check the front, then turn it over quickly to see if theirs any spiders on it. Then I give the front a proper check over, then the back again. Then I have to check the front again to make sure nothing has run around the edge onto the front. Only then am I able to use my towel.

BTW, I am NOT paranoid, I really did pick up a towel once when I was little and it had a huge spider in it:eek:

I can't drink the juice from the very bottom of my glass because of all the 'bits' in it, doesn't matter how well strained it is, I know they're in there.

Before each client I have to check my trolley and work area no less than five times to make sure everything is set up ready. It just wouldn't do if I had to leave a client and walk three steps away to my drawers to get a file or something.

Yes there's more, but we don't have all day

Great thread.

I have to smell everything that comes out of the washing machine!:eek:

I tickle my ear with my hair..lol

I have to turn the quilt down to check for spiders everynight.

Gosh I have loads...lol x

Last edited:
I have a serious issue with my coasters on the coffee table. I like them perfectly lined up on the table there's four and I like them all properly spaced. When I have guests and they move them it irritates me until they leave its like the first thing I notice when I enter the room. Steve (my other half) has an annoying habit of playing with the coasters when his bored and will often sit down with a cup of tea and pull a coaster right in front of him. I mean thats ground for splitting up! :lol:

I also spray all my kitchen surfaces down with antibacterial spray every time I use the kitchen. I have never forgotten the food safety advert with the trail of pink bacteria gross - freaks me out.

I have two dogs and I am constantly terrified I have gone out and left the windows open. Which is ridiculous because I live in a first floor flat and never open the windows - just in case.

Steve says my most annoying habit is the way I gargle mouth wash. I don't tip my head right back and according to him make a weird noise. But I have a good reason!!! Have you ever been gargling mouth wash and accidentally swallowed a bit! OOOOOOOWWWWWW! Makes your throat sore for the rest of the day!!!

Ami

i also check the bed/pillows for spiders as once i had one in my bed clothes and it climbed on my face!!!!

I always smell the washing as it comes out the washing machine
I go round the house evey night and turn all the plug sockets off
I make sure all my little girls clothes hangers face the correct way
And with regard deodrant,toothpaste,loo roll,shampoo i have to have 2 or more as iam frightened to run out!!!:)

I've got to dry my ears with a cotton bud after washing my hair. I'm not right all day if I don't :irked:

I just broke this satisfying habit and it's killing me! But I saw a piece on the news about just how dangerous it is to use Q-tips in your ears - that we don't realize how close it is the eardrum and all the damage it can do ... like hearing loss....

I stopped cold turkey that morning. Well, also my Q-tip box happened to be completely empty that very morning. Talk about serendipity!

You can stop too - it's not too late. (Just got out of the bath - dying for one, but the feeling does pass!!!)

There's been lots of "factfinding" threads recently, such as who are you like, whats your name etc, so I thought I'd contribute!

I'll go first. I have two quirky habits and these are:

1) Before I get in bed at night I have to lift my pillows up and check that there aren't any spiders! (have never found one but I still do it)

quote]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO!!!! MINE TOO!! and the douvet!! :lol:

What a great thread chelle.......i laughed with ALL of the posts !!!!

Mine are......
Chew the inside of my mouth
Check pillow,shoes and socks for spiders
I play with my wedding ring (twisting it round my finger)
I have to do the washing EVERY night (no clothes in my basket!!)
When i get into bed,i always have to cuddle hubby before i get to sleep
Grind my teeth at night
I have routine in the morning's....if it breaks...i am terrible ALL DAY !! :green:

Lol this is funny

Well mine are these....

When i have salt and vinegar crisps I have to crush the packet so they are like crumbs - probably so I can get more in my mouth at a time lol, it's only with salt and vinegar crisps though.

When I have finished a bag of crisps i fold pull the corners of the packet so it's flat then continue to fold it so it's neat.

I have a particular way of eating sandwiches - once it's been cut into two I'll bite the top of the crust one one side, then go onto the other side, then back to the other and so on 'til I get to the flat bit at the bottom. This I'll then peel away from the bread eat it and then eat the rest of my sarnie - saving the best 'til last you see.
However, when it's been cut into triangles I'll do the same as above but I won't eat the "v" bit of the crust, I have no idea why.

I also have a ritual before I go to sleep I tell my hubby I love him (there's more but I won't bore you with the details) because I feel if I don't say it (which never happens!) something bad is going to happen. Then if we start talking again, I have to say it all over again so it's the last thing that is said before we actually sleep.

What a great thread....

A lot of these 'quirks' seem more like OCD to me :lol:

I do indeed have many many quirks....some the same as what has been written here....and a lot of my own unique quirks....far too embarassing to mention here...

Anyway....I have decided...I am not crazy....
from reading what has been put down here...I am relatively normal !!!! :D

I do indeed have many many quirks....some the same as what has been written here....and a lot of my own unique quirks....far too embarassing to mention here...

Go on! Tell us! We bared our souls for you, now you must do the same for us! LOL xxxx

Lol this is funny

I also have a ritual before I go to sleep I tell my hubby I love him (there's more but I won't bore you with the details) because I feel if I don't say it (which never happens!) something bad is going to happen. Then if we start talking again, I have to say it all over again so it's the last thing that is said before we actually sleep.

I also have to say something to my hubby but he has to be asleep before I say it....and it isn't I Love You....:D

Oh dear...

I read 'Chelle's initial post and thought "PAH! I don't have any quirky habits!". However, having read the rest of these posts I am horrified to find out I also do some of these things.

Oh the shame....:o

My quirky habits include (but are not limited to) :-

Smelling washing when it comes out of the machine (well, you want to check it's not gone fusty!!!)
Checking that I have house keys/car keys about a million times both before and after I've left the house
I also double-, triple- and quadruple- checked that I had everything I could possibly need to take with me for my CreativeSpa course last Friday. I was then utterly astounded when I got there that one of the girls hadn't brought *anything* with her! :eek:

Go on! Tell us! We bared our souls for you, now you must do the same for us! LOL xxxx

NEVER....I want to keep some mystery about me :wink2:

I am a troubled little bunny...imagine my 'quirks' ????? I am just one huge quirk in itself...:lol:

OK I do have a fear of cockroaches going into my bum...!!!
After one landed on my butt cheek last year....I have to go to bed in a steel corset....:D

I pick at imaginary spots, scabs etc...so in the end I have made one....

I have to have about 20 butters in my fridge or else I panic I will have none....
we had one toilet roll the other day between 3 bathrooms....but I have 20 butters in my fridge so it was okay....

I like to cover piles of cr@p up with blankets, coats, sheets....anything that will sread out so that I don't know it is there!!!!! My children do this too...
They will tidy their bedrooms and tell me to go look...and there are piles and piles of stuff just covered with blankets and sheets....but what can I say? :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back