Which brand of nail polish??????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam78

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone out there help me?? :rolleyes: I have just started a nail course and we have started to polish and french manicure the nails and I just wondered what brand of polish is the best to use. I am practising on family and friends at the moment and I used the french manicure polish I already had and it was rubbish, so I wanted to but some good polish's to use.
All advice appreciated :)

Thanks
sam x x x

oohhh how longs a piece of string :)
Everyone has there own preferences, myself I love Attitude polish, great coverage and long lasting. They have some lush colours as well. I have had it on my toes for a month now and its just looking like it needs changing. :hug:

hey i agree with suzie, attitude is a great polish long lasting and i find it doesnt go thick its great to apply and gorgous colours 2 . :) x

I like opi polish but find their patented thick wide brushes awful to get the white on for french manicure.I also like creative and Orly.I particularly like that Orly do minis which are great to get in the kind of colours people don't have that often.

jessica polish is brill looks like gel on the nails, but it takes a while to set

OPI, Orly, Attitude, China Glaze are all good brands that I use, but to be honest for me, none outlast Creative. It does have the edge IMHO. Takes a little longer to dry mind, but I find it the best coverage and longest lasting.

I also love the Bio Sculpture polish, but the brushes are dire!

i love my creative polishes & i've got a few opi polishes that are good, i had attitude in my college kit but i didn't like them very much although alot of people do like them.
it's personal preference, when i started training last year i tried a few different brands to see which ones i liked best x

China Glaze, CND, and I've found Color Club good too, love their fluro colours

Last edited:
Creative for me, I do have a few OPI just for specific colours but I hate that brush:)

Essie makes a nice polish, too. I love their Marshmallow for the white in a French. :)

I have some creative ones which are nice but seem to take forever to dry i also have some opi one which imo are fab i love them:green:

Thanks everyone for you advice x think I will try attitude and see how I get on x #

Thanks x

thats great im sure you will love it, let us no how you get on x

Thanks everyone for you advice x think I will try attitude and see how I get on x #

Thanks x
Im sure you wont be disappointed hun, let us know how you get on with them x

What a fun question!

From French manis, my favorite hands down is Essie. Thier sheers don't streak and come in a great array of colors and finishes.
I also use thier white tip (blanc) 9x out of 10.

As for colored polishes- if I HAD to choose one line, I would do OPI.
I also like Creative,Essie,& China glaze.

I'm a bit of a tramp when it comes to polishes.. I have Essie (marshmallow is perfect for french), SpaRitual, Creative, OPI and Misa. For current colours I'm in love with the new autumn/winter range from SpaRitual but in terms of usability and coverage the Misa polishes are amazing. My daughter always wears black or bright yellow or shocking pink and the Misa coverage is excellent IMO :)

oohhh how longs a piece of string :)
Everyone has there own preferences, myself I love Attitude polish, great coverage and long lasting. They have some lush colours as well. I have had it on my toes for a month now and its just looking like it needs changing. :hug:
hi

hi, i have alot of attitude polishes and all seem good apart from 1, it was a lovely red ( binned it now) but i used it on several clients ans EVERY time it bubbled and looked a mess, i did hear that it had been discontinued, is that true ?

What red is it? I have a couple of reds..x

as i said i'm sure i binned it i will look in the salon tommorow, i sort of got put off them a bit and started using essie, but latley have got them out again, they are quick drying have good colours and a good price

Latest posts

Back