Which nail varnish is best??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonailtech

Reaction score
hi guys and girls
just wondering what nail varnish is best for professional use?? i have loads of sallys nail polish and rimmel etc but im just wondering what you all use? i would like to stock up on more colours and dont want to go too expensive and i would like to get maybe quick drying polishes? are they any good?
thanks xx

I would get a more professional range in chick, I like creative colours very rich and a lovely range. No chipping and dont go gluppy

I also stock La Femme colours a cheaper range but lovely rich colours, cover well and also i dont get chipping with them.
I use Young nails protein bond as my basecoat and finish them off with either super shiny or air dry by creative
hth

Hiya,

I used to use Boots No7 polishes until I started my training! :eek: I now sometimes use Attitude as they are really good priced and have some stunning colours, but they don't last as long (to me!) as my Jessica and OPI polishes, which are good for me for the colour, price and finish. :green:

Some geeks will disagree as they can get they Attitude colours to last a long time! :lol:

D* xXx

Apart from a couple of OPI colours I use all Creative polishes - unbeatable IMO

its OPI fpr me i loove them xxx

Creative all the way for me (apart from Chanel Kaleidoscope which one client saw on my toenails and insisted upon for hers!)

I love o.p.i . I think not only is it hard wearing, it is so nice to paint with. The brush is lovely and they have fab colours. Try capital beauty , they sell them in there for about £5.
xxx

I kinda tend to buy for the colour so i have loads of China Glaze, a few OPI, Creative, Attitude, Spa Ritual and Millenium.

Your best bet is to get yourself to one of the trade shows where you'll be spoilt for choice and most stands have good offers - plus most are VAT free!! xx

I love Essie!

I mainly use China glaze and Essie for french polish. I really like Attitudes base coat as it becomes matt when dry so you can see it's ready for the polish.

Creative all the way!

Brand preferences is going to vary, that's for sure.

Personally, for me, it's Nailite polish.
It's NEVER thick and gloppy like some, never streaks, dries very quickly compared to some. I even do my funky french's under a coat of uv gloss/sealant, it dries thoroughly and fast enough for that (unlike some bigger brands I've tried).

The 'black' is even blacker than Voodoo by Creative and it's completely opaque in ONE COAT! Looks like black patent leather. (sorry creative lovers, I did TRY voodoo, but the other one turned out nicer).

They do have a couple of UK distributors, one is Sensual world . Welcome to The Sensual World Nail Care Online Store,Nails, Nail Supplies, Nail Extensions, Acrylic Nails,Gels, Manicure Products,Nail Kits,Resin and all your professional needs
The other I can't remember, but Rachel might (I can't remember which Rachel, SORRY!!!)

It costs me about 0.80c a bottle, versus the $8.00 a bottle of creative or opi or whatever that we have here in Montreal. That means I can have a bigger collection of colours.
Also, I have bottles that are 3 and 4 years old and STILL great!!! Not gloppy or anything!

hth's

Hi,
I have a large range of SpaRitual polishes, But now I am collecting a Creative range too.
I love both. But I do think you need a professional range.
The trade shows really are the best place to buy them, you can get great deals.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

I like china glaze and OPI at the moment. i havent bought any creative ones yet but plan to as quite a few ladies on here rate them.

tigi

I've tried Creative, OPI and attitude and of the three, Creative are my favourite by far.

The Creative range has some gorgeous colours and shades, it's a vast range so there's something to suit all clients, they are durable to wear, and above all, the finished treatment with a CND colour looks like a professional job. The cost price is very reasonable and you can get a good mark up on retail sales of CND enamels. Another selling point is that most customers have heard of CND and relate the brand to quality and as such they are willing to pay more for CND colours than they would for their rimmels or boots no 7's.

CND!
I've been looking into this over the last few days as I am putting together different prices for my business plan.

Creative polish was actually cheaper to buy than a lot of the rest. Not sure if I'm allowed to put prices on here so give Sweet Squared a call 0845 210 6060 and get a brochure

hth xxxx

p.s. Can't remember who said it (sorry) but she was right that customers recognise Creative more etc so they're worth having.

I love OPI! The colors are so rich and awesome and the price is even better, :)

thanks to everyone for your advice.. i would really like to get a pro range and didnt have a clue lol.. i trained with calgel and they have a range of polish too but not sure what they are like? id love to go to a trade show, im in ireland and to be honest only place ive heard of them taking place is in dublin which is too far for me to go.. where else can i buy these ranges??
and if anyone on here is from ireland maybe you could give me some advice on where to go?? and also how do i find out when and where trade shows are being held?? thanks xx

I used to use Jessica and then I went to OPI, Ive just brought some french manicure polishes from CND , must say Im really pleased with them , so may be looking into buying their polishes from now on.

Heh.. I must correct myself there ..WILL be buying their polishes from now on.:lol:

hello -I use Orly. Great prep range and lot's of funky colours that last. Have had great feedback from clients too!x

Latest posts

Back