Would you leave your baby alone in the car?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just feel bad for the person in question - you dont know how she feeling and what is going thro her mind - give her a break, she may be feeling summit you dont know about, all i will say is try to help her out, depression is a bad thing, ive been there myself, i would have quite gladly left mine when i was going thro pn depression - this poor girl needs help -not a pointing finger flower - i know you mean well, but my advice would be - just go help her flower, shes crying out and dont know what to do - post natal depression IS an illness - i think you WILL do the right thing tho

god love her, she is crying out

I think you need to put your personal feelings aside, just because she is a friend of the salon owners, doesnt make it ok.

I think she has the "it wont happen to me" attitude...and when (not if) something does happen, she will blame herself and wonder why she did it in the first place.

I have this issue with my ex husband and his visitations with my child, he leaves her in the car park while he goes to play paint ball with his friends for 2 hours.
The response from CPS (Child Protection Services) was "oh well if she got into trouble she could have walked into the building and ask for help"...she was 5 at the time....

Can i suggest perhaps next time you know the child is in the car, call the police anonomously and tell them there is a child left in a car.....
That way you wont be blamed and the matter will be dealt with appropriately.
Good luck.

I do understand the lady in question could be suffering from post natal depression especially getting pregnant so quickly after her father died.

But who will speak for the child, the child can't tell you if anything wrong and is this the only thing happening to her thats wrong.

I have just spoken to my son-in-law who's a police officer and he said you must inform either the police or social services and they will obviously check the child's welfare but this doesn't mean the childs going to be taken into care.

But lets remember all the children in the past who have died of neglect because nobody spoke up for them..xx

As a person who really suffered at the hands of PND and person who only last week spoke up for a child in danger ,i would strongly advise you to contact the authorities.

Regardless of the circumstances,this woman needs to be told how irresponsible and dangerous this is,then they will help her to resolve any underlying issues she may or may not have.

We can not make assumptions,for all we know this lady may not have any form of illness.
Even at my very worst,my son was never ever in any danger,ill or not it's not acceptable behaviour

How old is this person?.......this is a form of child abuse, all of us have a duty to protect this child, we are talking and writing about it. Speak to the client and explain that when you saw the child it was distressed and you would like assurance that the child wont be left in the car unattended again else you have a duty to report it. The psychological damage that is happening to that child just makes my blood boil.

How old is this person?.......this is a form of child abuse, all of us have a duty to protect this child, we are talking and writing about it. Speak to the client and explain that when you saw the child it was distressed and you would like assurance that the child wont be left in the car unattended again else you have a duty to report it. The psychological damage that is happening to that child just makes my blood boil.

Glynis....from my experience (rmhn)a woman with genuine pnd does not get her hair ,nails or anything done....she wont even get dressed in the am but I respect your take on the situation and we dont know the whole picture.

i just feel bad for the person in question - you dont know how she feeling and what is going thro her mind - give her a break, she may be feeling summit you dont know about, all i will say is try to help her out, depression is a bad thing, ive been there myself, i would have quite gladly left mine when i was going thro pn depression - this poor girl needs help -not a pointing finger flower - i know you mean well, but my advice would be - just go help her flower, shes crying out and dont know what to do - post natal depression IS an illness - i think you WILL do the right thing tho

god love her, she is crying out

Believe me, I'm not trying to get this woman into "trouble".. I know how it feels to be depressed and I want to help her... My first instint was to run out to the car and check on the baby and then phone the police, but I didn't!!
How would I feel if something happened that child?

Believe me, I'm not trying to get this woman into "trouble".. I know how it feels to be depressed and I want to help her... My first instint was to run out to the car and check on the baby and then phone the police, but I didn't!!
How would I feel if something happened that child?
Exactly, how would you feel if anything happened to the child..xx

Last edited:
She's 35 and if she was my friend or even my client I'd feel I could have a chat with her but I hardly know her myself and the salon owner who is very friendly with her has told her a few times that leaving the baby is not ok and she's still doing it.

I can't see what difference it makes how old she is tbh :rolleyes: at 19 i never left my son and at 26 i won't be leaving this baby when it's born either :rolleyes:

The point is she is ignoring advise and the authorities NEED to be informed,i can't see how any other factors are relevant :(

Hi All,
This is a very sad situation. The baby's health and safety is the most important.......Mum maybe ill, but by having to deal with leaving the baby alone through social services, they will then find out if the Mother is ill or not.
Any chance you could speak with her husband or other family member before calling social services?
I would call the police if I saw a child abandoned in car........I would wait about 10 mins if the child was happy and in no distress.......would call imediately if the child was crying or in distress.
I remember one of my sons could get sick and vomit when really upset ( he had projectile vomiting). God forbid if that happened to that little girl.
I hope it is sorted soon. Good luck.
Lotsa luv x :hug: :hug:

look you hardly know the woman so why you bothered have some balls and get her reported or i will!!! :hug::hug: if she is having trouble with depression this might be her chance to sort it although it doesnt sound like she has like was mentioned before a depressed person woulodnt be intrested in hairdressers and shopping no point in saying have feelings for her shes got none for the poor child and whose more important!! xx

The point is she is ignoring advise and the authorities NEED to be informed,i can't see how any other factors are relevant :(

I agree. Whether she's depressed, suffering from mental illness, a fruit loop or just plain thick, this cannot go on.

I don't understand why she doesn't bring the baby into the salon? It's not ideal, but so many mothers do...

I suppose ......... and the crux of the situation is.....

do you really care if your kid is alive or dead when you get back to the car ? ..........

Anyone who leaves their kid in car doesn't deserve to have a kid.

I have to have a license for my dog, but people can have a kid with no license at all ........

GO FIGURE .......

I've just been on the phone to the salon owner again (she couldn't sleep last night worrying about it)

I asked her if she would have a word with her, but she feels as she has done this already then it will have no affect. The salon owner knows a health nurse and she's going to ring her and ask for some advice. I personally feel that if she is depressed, then she's going to need some professional help.. not her hair stylist having a chat with her and I'm sure the health nurse or whoever will decide to visit her will be very tactfull about it and hopefully it can be resolved without her getting into trouble any involvement with the police.

I think this thread has carried on long enough and has had some heated debate.

We do not know the persons personal circumstances and we should not be judging her as we dont know!

Hopefully she will get the assistance she needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back