Would you take a few moments to critique my new website??..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swilks12

Reaction score
Hi fello geeks,

after lots of hard work Gavin from crunch web design has designed what i think is a bloomin great website!..by the way he is very reasonably priced and knows his stuff so if you are considering investing in a website you couldn't go far wrong!

www.crunch-card.co.uk (not uploaded yet to my proper domain name)

I would be really grateful if you would all cast your professional eye over it before it goes 'live' on the world wide web!!

All feedback much appreciated! :Love:

i think it looks fab! very informative and love the description of all the treatments etc! i only had a quick look but it is very easy to use and understand!

the only think i would change if u could is the pricer list, to have the prices justifed eg a space in-between rather than the price being right next to it! just easier to read i think!

you have a fab professional and lovely looking website!#

I too like the website, very informative and well-designed.
But, I think the writing is too small and also, although a great design feature, I dont like how the icons are in a green hue until you hover over them and they turn into full colour.
Also, you say on mon and tues you dont open until 11am and wed 9:30, yet on another page you say that morning club is open from 9am?

Also just having a read and there are quite a few grammatical errors and some duplicated words.

text is small, and the lines are too squashed together..

I could go on, but I shall wait and see others points of view first, as if I start it will end up as an essay

Only thing that I really picked up on was your spray tan offer 'Spray tan Thursdays'... I find that Thursdays are one of my busiest as everyone wants to be tanned for the Fri/Sat night out. If it were me i'd do the offer as maybe 'Spray Tan Tuesdays' to get people in on one of the less busy days...

Only thing that I really picked up on was your spray tan offer 'Spray tan Thursdays'... I find that Thursdays are one of my busiest as everyone wants to be tanned for the Fri/Sat night out. If it were me i'd do the offer as maybe 'Spray Tan Tuesdays' to get people in on one of the less busy days...

Blimey yes I missed that. If I offered a discount for tans (or any treatment really) on a Thursday, I would be over-run. Definitely make that a day at the beginning of the week.

hi all, thanks for your comments, i don't mean to be rude, but i am after critique re the website etc rather than on the offers that I am running, I have been running the spraytan offer for some time now with success and this is what i have designed the morning club for ( i know the opening hrs need changing to reflect this!!) to fill my quieter times.

There are some helpfull comments that have emerged so far though so i will feed these back and see if Gavin can help me to improve them!

Keep the comments coming re the website (good or bad!) :Love:

very nice but omg i ypou do so much !!!!! i guess you never get bored :)

i like it it's nice with a relaxed feel x

text is small, and the lines are too squashed together..

I could go on, but I shall wait and see others points of view first, as if I start it will end up as an essay

Wow is there that much to comment on?!?..seriously though i would be grateful if you would make any more comments you feel relevant.

I like it. I don't normally like the brown/lime colour scheme but you've made it work. I think it looks a good website - but then I'm not a professional.

I totally love the morning club idea and think it's brill.

Wow, you do so much!

I think the website looks great, very professional.

Personally, I'm not that keen on the images down the left menu and on the treatments page being the green hue, I think keeping their original colours would work much better. The green outline looks good though and ties them in with the website.

Also on the home page the slideshow looks a little pixellated, I think the pictures could be much clearer but that could just be my computer?

I think that the prices on the price list page could be separated which would make them easier on the eye. Plus the * for the the skin sensitivity test would be far more noticable to those not in the know with those kind of things.

I like the colours and I like the morning club page

I stopped reading on every page after less than 10 seconds cos there's just to much to read.

Jacqui xx

Last edited:
Hi there,

It does look really lovely. There are a couple of things though - in my opinion there is too much wasted space at the side. The only other thing really is I think the price list would be more readable as a table - one for each thing eg. a table for facial treatments, then another for nail enhancements. Really nice looking site though. :) I would also ask your designer to look more at the optimisation of the site - no point having one if it's not going to be found by search engines ;) Good luck with it.
Kate

Last edited:
The text wrote about your facials starts off talking about md formulations then switches to dermalogica. Which skincare do u use as this is very confusing?

Loving the logo and the colours - not usually my favourite colours but think they work really well, especially the 'bubbles' effect (although I am craving chocolate and it made me think of aero!!!).

Agree with what others have said about the price list, i found it hard to negotiate my eyes around it so a more uniform layout might work better.

I know what nix means about the facials (MD & Dermalogica), I understand from reading further on that you're offering 2 skin care ranges but not sure that this is obvious to jo public on your home page - maybe just a rewording.

Gramatically it needs a tweek here and there but that's probably just going to take a fresh pair of eyes.

All in all I like a lot!

(And take no notice of Jack1102 - he's my other half and can get really picky about stuff that tbh he doesn't know as much about as he thinks he does!)

T.x

Hi,

I've also just launched my website so if anyone could have a quick look and give some feedback that would be fantastic! Thanks!

Adam

www.awaesthetics.com

I clicked on the link but it was broken!! Sorry but I can't leave feedback x

Latest posts

Back