Xmas Holly nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoticeableNails

Glitter Geek!
Reaction score
HI Guys,

Well I couldn't hide from it any longer.......Christmas is coming!

I had this image in my head of what I wanted to create; so when I broke a nail yesterday I thought it would be a good time to give it a whirl!

In the image I wanted red glossy lips as the background with a long glitter tipped nail and 3D holly.

I created the 3D holly 1st. I stripped the plastic off some bag ties. I then created the holly on some tin foil adding one end of the wire to the leaf. Before the holly was fully set I pealed them of the foil & created a curve in them. I then applied beads of red acrylic to some more wires. When they were all set I twisted them together.

For the nail I used the reverse method and I extended my nail bed with NSI's pink mask creating a longer nail bed & dramatic smile line.
I then applied my sculpting form. Mixed my holographic gold glitter with my clear acrylic & applied the free edge. Then capped the glitter with clear.
Filed into shape & applied glaze n go.

I then used a nail dangle drill to create a whole through the nail where I wanted to add the holly. Once the holly is added it can be secured by resin or acrylic.

Here is the image;
Xmas Holly Nails:Look_left click here

What do you guys think?

WOW THATS FAB JO!

i am really wanting to try and do some 3d work but it wouldnt look anything as good has yours.

They are fantastic!!! x x x

That looks fab - well done!!

they are beautiful

wow!!! i love seeing your work. :D

love it, so want to have a go at reverse sculpting, but I'm a big chicken:o and I love your 3D stuff:)

WOW this is so cool well done hun :Love:

Thank you for your kind words
:hug:

Man that is really cool. I am just starting at 3D sculpting but am having a load of fun! I can't do anything like that. Are you ever afraid of getting that caught on something?

Man that is really cool. I am just starting at 3D sculpting but am having a load of fun! I can't do anything like that. Are you ever afraid of getting that caught on something?

I only did this on one finger & it was just for this image concept.
I couldnt wear that nail day to day.
Not just because of the holly but the nail itself was exreamly long.

I suppose you could create this look but in a more practical day to day wear nail.
The nail could be shortened for a start. Also the 3D holly could be made alot smaller. Or you could create youre own holly dangler.

OMG that is fan-bloody-tastic!!
Erica xx

Its so cool:Love:

that is bloomin brilliant hun ...do you know what ,as i was reading about it ,before i clicked on the pic i got dead excited lol ,i knew it was gunna be great ..it was like waiting to open a xmas prezzy :D and you didnt disappoint as always xxx

i love it hun xxx

was gunna give u a rep but im not allowed :(

I think this is fabulous

That would make a lovely christmas email/card to send to your clients Jo.
Well done.

You go from strength to strength Jo.. stunning artistry. I am not sure how wearable they are tho lol! You should certainly be entering on the comp circuit with work like you are producing .. well done x

Jo, not sure about the size of the 3D but, youve presented the whole thing beautifully.
As Jen says, you should seriously be considering the comp circuit!
Well done!

Thanks guys for the lovely comments
:D
I couldn't imagine anyone wearing these nails at all!
It was more for fun! The sort of thing I would do for a photo comp.
I had this image in my head & I thought it would be fun to try and re-create it.
I was inspired by a nail art DVD I recently bought. It had a section at the end on competition fantasy nail art. I just HAD to try it out for myself.
Thanks again

Fantastic work, as usual Jo. :D

Latest posts

Back