Absolutely Livid !! Clients that show no consideration

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River

Reaction score
Well, I've just spend the past 40 minutes driving in peak hour trafic to get to my "hospital" appointment.

Had to pay £3.00 for parking and then walk for about 10 min to get to the hospital. Once in the hospital, I had to trek about another mile to get to the ward where my "client" was.

Got there and the nurse said that she had just gone to the bathroom and will be back in a minute. Fine, no problem. I then get a text from the "friend" who made the appointment to say that her friend (i.e. my client) had taken a turn for the worst and she will no longer need the appointment. This was sent 5 min after the appointment should have started.

I showed the nurse the text and said that I was confused. The nurse said that the patient (my client) was absolutely fine !

With that my "client" turns up and I say "Hi, I'm here to do your nails for your birthday !" to which she replies "I don't want them doing and they should have called you to cancel"

I said to her well, they didn't cancel, they only just sent me a text saying that you've taken a turn for the worst, so I'm a bit confused as to what is going on. To wish she replies "They probably didn't have the guts to tell you that I didn't want the treatment and that's just tuff" WTF !!!!!!

She wouldn't pay my cancellation fee and the friend who booked it is dodging me !

I've wasted 2 hours of my evening driving around after a bunch of ****** who couldn't just pick up the phone and cancel with me - preferably before I actually reached my destination without lying !!!!

I am really p*ssed off !

River

Oh River, that awful! Especially as you went through so much bother getting there!

Some people are just unbelievable!!!!!

Cheer up hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH That would make me want to rip someone's head off. PARTICULARLY since it cost you time and money (gas and parking) to get there and back home again

I hope you get something...
If you dont, put them on your black list, that's all and if they call again, say no.

Hope you find an innocent teddy bear to beat up with your frustrations.

Big hugs
:Love:

hey hun, just bought you some cake to cheer you up!

big hugs xx

That really isn't on. Did you get an address for the person who booked it? If so, you could send a letter explaining your cancellation charge and how much it cost you to get there. I would definitely black list them both, it is so rude. It really is the fault of whoever booked so I would chase them for it. But then that's me. Maybe it'd be easier to chalk it up to experience & forget about them, you don't need people like that messing you about.

:hug: Oh River!! I would have lost it...she really would have taken a turn for the worst after I had finished with her!!!:mad:

Take a deep breath and rise above this. Just don't have your friend or your friend's friend as clients.

I understand you being upset and angry but sometimes there is no point in trying to seak an explanation for things that happen - wasted energy. Move on and don't dwell on it. (Crocodile skin me has LOL!)

That's awful. I'd be having words with the 'friend'! Harsh words at that!!

We have clients like this at the salon, no shows, a little different to your type of no show tonight, that's why I gave up mobile, got fed up of people not being in, or just forgetting about their appointment

I would be totally pd off too, some friend eh! Chin up babes xx

River you must be livid, I don't blame you at all. What ever happened to treat those as you wish to be treated? All I can say is what goes around comes around!

andrelax said:
:hug: Oh River!! I would have lost it...she really would have taken a turn for the worst after I had finished with her!!!:mad:

Oh this made me laugh !!! Thanks for that :D I was SO tempted just to do that. For someone who had "taken a turn for the worst" she was very mouthy !

Hope you find an innocent teddy bear to beat up with your frustrations.

Victoria,

Innocent, unsuspecting teddy has received a beating, my partner a mouthful and the fridge has been raided with anything that has an obscene amount of calories in !!

I would be totally pd off too, some friend eh!

Just to set the record straight, I don't know these people. The patients' friend called me to arrange an appointment (they found my web site). I called "the friend" this morning to confirm the appointment and everything was hunky dory. Then suddenly she's on deaths door, yet she was she was being gobby with her mouth.

As for putting them on a black list, I somehow don't think I'll be hearing from them again. I made my point very clear to "the friend" and explained to her in no uncertain (yet professional) terms that what she did is unaccpetable. She didn't seem to bothered and then had the cheek to say, "but I did let you know". Yes, 5 minutes after the appointment start time and 1hr, 15 min after I left the house to go sit in bleeding traffic to be treated like sh*t !

My partner keeps telling me to relax, but if he doesn't stop, I will be relaxing by venting my frustrations towards him.

I must admit, since starting last November, I have never had any cancellations or no shows, but I just really thought that what she did was taking the p*ss. How rude can people be ??!! I just can't get over it. I really struggled to keep my cool in that ward.

Do they think we just magically appear in places like "Beam me up Scotty" or something ??

AAARRRRGGGHHHHHH !!!

River

Have a cocktail on me honey. Forget about them if you can.:hug:

I would put this down to experience and try to forget about them. People can be really rude sometimes.

If you ever get a request like this in the future, it may be worth asking for a deposit just in case.

Chin up though.

What a nasty piece of work the patient sounds :evil: . I would speak to your friend and get the cost of petrol back at least. That is bang out of order.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You're stronger than I am. I most certainly would have given a mouthful to the cheeky wench who cancelled AFTER you schlepped across the town and then still had the gall to get 'cheeky' with you?

Hmmmm she might have wound up sharing a room in the same ward as her friend LOL

Oh yes.. hubbies... they mean so well, when really, all they need to do is SHUT THE H**L UP and listen and say "yes, you're very right dear. Exactly' uh huh, yup yes dear" and leave it at that during times like this LOL

I HATE when hubby tries to 'fix' something when all I want to do is vent and scream and smash things ROFL I just want him to listen, NOT try to solve, just LISTEN lol

ruddy males, who needs'em, aye? ROFL Ooohh right, we need'em to mow the lawn as bob's can't. HA HA HA HA
(sorry guys, mine peed me off today lol, I'm on a bender, no offense meant lol)

Hang in there luv. You're a better person than I. I could have held my cool only so far, and would have lost it the moment she got cheeky with me.

big hugs:Love:

ps: hope you kissed Teddy's booboo's better ha ha

I'd be livid. That's just wrong.
Michele

It unbelievable ! Don't blame you for being livid.

Personally i would write to her requesting the cancellation fee & parking & petrol costs. Chances are she won't pay it but at least it will show that you are serious about it & may stop her from doing it to someone else.

God I think I would have blown a gasket!! This is the selfish, unthoughtful behaviour that sometimes, (rarely, thankfully) makes our jobs so blooming hard. If it was me I would have felt at least a little better if the "client" had been apologetic and genuinely embarassed. Still p****d off, mind!! Def worth sending a letter requesting the cancelation fee, no, i dont think you'll get it but it might make you feel a bit better.

I feel sorry for the friend as well. She obviously wanted to give her friend a treat and had it shoved back at her. Poor you River, what a plainly pants experience, I've had it happen to me and the air in the car going home was bluer than blue.

Latest posts

Back