Best eyelash glue, lashes, pads etc. Results of my unofficial poll

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I have been doing eyelash extension for a year now and I love it, I use Nouveau Lashes and all their products, however a client is going on holiday soon and asked if the sun/sea/face sun tan cream would weaken the lashes and end up coming home without any left in. I know that the glue is pretty strong and I have not had any problems before but not sure how they react to sun ect. Would love someone's expert opinion please. Hopefully I have nothing to worry about :rolleyes:

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I have been doing eyelash extension for a year now and I love it, I use Nouveau Lashes and all their products, however a client is going on holiday soon and asked if the sun/sea/face sun tan cream would weaken the lashes and end up coming home without any left in. I know that the glue is pretty strong and I have not had any problems before but not sure how they react to sun ect. Would love someone's expert opinion please. Hopefully I have nothing to worry about :rolleyes:

Thank you

I can honestly say I haven't had any clients that have had problems with lashes in the sun. Obviously they will need to be careful with sunscreen around the eyes as we all know oil based products can break down the bond but I have a lot of clients come for holiday lashes in the summer monts and not one has had a problem xxxx

Hi
I'm slowly but surely loving lashes, I'm on about set 8 an have been using a sensitive glue but I find its slow drying! Any recommendations on the next glue I should bye? X

Hi
Flirties quick dry is a really good glue hun

I've done the training with Marvel Lash. But people I've done them all, said that lashes start falling off after a week... Would you say it's because of glue? I also want more dramatic looking lashes, would anyone recommend better lashes than Marvel Lash? I need your advise guys, please!!?? Thank you!:D

Iv had a massive problem with marvel Lash glue, lashes falling off the next day!!!glad it's not just me!!

Marvel lash glue is not very good try lash revolution glue it's fab. I get my lashes from lashbase and all other sundries hth xxxx

I trained with Lash Perfect because at the time they seemed to be the leading brand but I have found that their glue becomes really glupey & when I raised my concerns they laid the blame on me.
I am looking to try a different brand but I'm really stuck as to which brand to go with 😁

So am I right in thinking you can train with anyone and then can buy from anyone? Why do they offer conversion courses then - is it just so you can actually advertise with their brand?
I'm seriously considering doing an Express lash course, was going to go with nouveau lashes as they are one of industry leaders - but also one of most expensive training! What do you guys think?

Theoretically yes, if you train with an accredited provider so that you can get a certificate and insurance you should be able to buy products from other supppliers but you also have to bear in mind that training providers offer the training specifically designed around their products so it is better to train with the company whos products you intend to use as they will be able to give you the support through and after the training and also help with marketing support etc.
We have found that a lot of students who book the conversion course have trained with a company and found that they are not accredited or that they dont feel confident in the the application and need to retrain so that they can offer this treatment to their clients.
So in theory you are right but in reality it sadly happens more often that students need to retrain :O))

In my opinion and experience flirties expert speed and strength glue is just brilliant brilliant brilliant! A pleasure to work with and my client lashes last and last. Its really easy to use and dries quickly. I personally use the flirties primer before application but I've never used the sealer afterwards or sold it to my clients as they seems to last just fine without it. As for lashes, I've been using secret lashes since i started lashes ( recommended by a fellow geek) and i have been really pleased with them. Soft, glossy and natural looking, love them! Ooh also tried flirties fume and odour free glue recently too, for a client who had been having lashes done with another leading brand but the sensitive glue was not lasting even 2 weeks. Well she's really pleased with the flirties glue and 2 weeks down the line they're still going strong, yay!
Again a pleasure to work with and i didn't find it to be that slow drying.

Just need to find myself a good flirties tech in nottingham to do my lashes now?!

If you want i can send you a sample of the FLIRTIES adhesive so you can try? pm me your address and i can get it sent out to you?

Can I be super cheeky too ... Lol ... Looking thru old threads for ideas on which glue to swap to ... Want to swap from glam lash .... And tried lash perfect too ...
Xxxx

Can I be super cheeky too ... Lol ... Looking thru old threads for ideas on which glue to swap to ... Want to swap from glam lash .... And tried lash perfect too ...
Xxxx

Of course you can 😉

If you go to www.beautytrix.me to the flirties section you can order your sample pack online but we ask that you send us a copy of your certificate and then you can try the glues ;))

I see on this thread that Flirties has come out tops, I hope so as I have just ordered some, after changing from Eyelash Emporium glue where I had the most shocking customer service I have ever received anywhere for anything! Is the Flirties Non fume glue any good?

Where can I buy flirties eyelash extensions glues?

I see on this thread that Flirties has come out tops, I hope so as I have just ordered some, after changing from Eyelash Emporium glue where I had the most shocking customer service I have ever received anywhere for anything! Is the Flirties Non fume glue any good?

The Flirties no fine adhesive is fantastic and what beautytrix provide in all their kits I use both the adhesives on my clients and would def recommend these adhesives

the expert strength is a faster adhesive and therefore does have slight fumes however I always advise students to tell their client to keep eyes closed for a few minutes after the treatment and sit up slowly then open their eyes by this time any fumes should have evaporated so not causing any discomfort to eyes.

Hiya, after using Flirties Expert Speed & Strength for about 18 months, I tried the odour & fume free flirties glue for a client with sensitive eyes and was really pleased with it also. I found the lashes lasted just as well. I have now started to move all my clients over to this glue as I've become sensitive to the Expert one. Now I'm doing a few more sets with the odour and fume free I have found it to be a lot slower setting and getting "stickies" which I didn't find with the Expert one. You can order a sample of the glues from flirties so you can try before you buy. I would recommend giving them both a go. Hth xx

Just to let those who wanted smaller bottle of Flirties adhesive. The new 5ml bottles are now available to buy online

Of course you can 😉

If you go to BeautyTrix to the flirties section you can order your sample pack online but we ask that you send us a copy of your certificate and then you can try the glues ;))

Hello,,I would like to convert to Flirties lashes however do you also need to use a primer and sealant with their glue? as I trained with Marvel lash this was not the case with them,, your help is much appreciated, x

You apply the primer and sealant with 2 micro brushes. It's not essential but from my experience primer is a must to remove all remaining oils on the lashes to ensure a long lasting bong. And sealant is used at the end to complete the treatment and seal the bond created with the adhesive. They have an essential kit on the website that includes all items for a convert any questions feel free to ask x

I've just trained today in lashes and need to get a kit to do my case studies before I get my certificate. I held off buying the kit at the course as I wasn't convinced it was the best...since coming home and having a look online I've found the lashes they are using are pretty common ones on eBay from Honk Kong! I normally do nails so know buying stuff like that is a big no-no but wondering how they get away with it in the salon that trained me. After reading this thread I'm aware that people but from all different sources so really wanting to find out the best glue to start off with and also debonder? They were using a glue from www.secretlashes.co.uk x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back