blooming line of light grrr

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jac extreme

Reaction score
I dont want ratings on this one I just need help!!! I do my comp practise- the line of light looks ok- I take a picture- the line of light splits, someone please tell me how to inprove my line of light as its truly pants. look at the pics below. one the line of light looks not bad the other its split:irked: need to sort it before the weekend.:cry: :cry:

Attachments

• ble boa 012.jpg
    ble boa 012.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 249
  • ble boa 013.jpg
    ble boa 013.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 245
Are you sure it's not the lighting that is doing it, rather than your work? I've seen this happen before, thought it was the nails and turns out it was the lamp. I can't believe that you work would be that off Jac. You'd have to have blooming great furrows to be that far out.

If you are only seeing this when you take a picture are you sure its not just the camera...reflection etc as, you say they look ok to your naked eye!! They look fab to me anyway! xx

Please don't think I'm being cheeky posting as I know I'm not that experienced... but I can see that the line of light is off, but couldn't it be the angle or the camera? The lighting in the background... things like that? :hug:

Don't be hard on yourself, your nails are fantastic xx

Jac, hunny thats gotta be the camera or lighting. If it were that off, it would be obvious to the naked eye. Don't beat yourself up over this.

they are gorgeous i love the colour what did you use?

Fab nails!!! :) Gotta be the camera angle & a bit to much light in the room?!!

jac , i get this sometimes, i do my nails and line of light is perfect! when i take a pic it looks wrong and seems to part over the apex area, i think its down to the camera personally
cos the camera takes one shot and one shot only but in real life when you check your line of light you can move the finger about and watch the line of light stay perfect!,
i know this must be the case, your nails rock jac,
good luck xxx

blimey your right about the lighting, I took this pick in a different room, I normally do it in my salon. trouble is now I can see the bloody bubbles in the acrylic, :irked: :irked: I am hating my work at the moment, OK question 2 why the bubbles I am pressing and patting.

Attachments

• ble boa 019.jpg
    ble boa 019.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 163
blimey your right, I took this pick in a different room , I normal do it in my salon. trouble is now I can see the bloody bubbles in the acrylic, :irked: :irked: I am hating my work at the moment, ok question 2 why the bubbles I am pressing and pattting.

lol jac, you know why you have got bubbles in them, not that i can see them!!
but i just wanted to say havent you got lovely visible lunala or have you applied these??

re bubbles, working too quick??? not letting bead rest?

lol jac, you know why you have got bubbles in them, not that i can see them!!
but i just wanted to say havent you got lovely visible lunala or have you applied these??

re bubbles, working too quick??? not letting bead rest?
how dare you infer that I flash my lunulas:lick:
probably not letting the bead rest enough or patting too much, will work on that, thanks Nik.

You are stressing too much Jac....breath!!
(and get a new light! lol:lol:)

fab nails Jac, lovely colour and so clear. Flippen great.

Lighting from above I would say, causing the dodgy line....bubbles schmubbles....just let me see you polish smolish.....wish I hadn't looked at this thread....having a practice run tomorrow night! Better late than never!

BTW as an aside, I think your whites are too long, I got marked down for that last time!

the line of light on that 2nd pic is perfect...so it must be the lights...

take a few different shots and see if they all have the same line of light look....

they look amazing to me x

Hey Jac, If I could produce nails with the same line of light during a comp, I'd be more than happy.

You do such fab nails hun, you are doubting yourself when you really need to get in that 'nock them dead' mode. You will blow them away girl!

Keep your prayers for me LOL!:hug:

Oh and by the way, your whites/pinks are on the long side but it all depends on who judges you. The judges seem to be going 'all American' x

2 sources of light = 2 lines of light

2 sources of light = 2 lines of light

yep, I have my desk light and spot lights trained onto my desk from above, makes perfect sense now, it was driving me barmy:)

Isn't Carl a STAR!:cool:

I just wanted to say that your nails are always beautiful Jacqui, it's the competition stress that's bringing out the "Zilla" in you. xx

Latest posts

Back