Brisa Lite?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok so I played yesterday with the sculpting gel on 2 nails and was pretty impressed. I still have a lot of practice to do with regular Brisa yet so my application is far from perfect but it still seemed a lot easier to use than Brisa, kinda stays where you put it!

Now my question is that I applied it just like regular Brisa yesterday, building in the apex and such with the pink, white smile line created with the string technique, but I noticed on the step by steps on CND.com it just says to apply 2 layers of the sculpting gel? Is it actually to be applied like a polish then without building in any shape?

The Sculpting gel is applied in the same way you apply Brisa and not like polish. It is an enhancement gel and should be built like an enhancement gel and I in fact find it very like Brisa which also stays right where you put it,, but then I am very experienced with Brisa; a light touch and making sure your brush does not loose contact with the gel as you are moving it is the key.

Florence, there is now a new thread for technical questions on the forum. You have a better chance of any technical questions being answered there rather than here in this thread which has got very muddied with other replies etc. :hug:

One other thing ... all the paper work and videos are in place and will be available very soon to make your journey easier, but in truth .. it really could not be easier to use.:)

ok so I played yesterday with the sculpting gel on 2 nails and was pretty impressed. I still have a lot of practice to do with regular Brisa yet so my application is far from perfect but it still seemed a lot easier to use than Brisa, kinda stays where you put it!

Now my question is that I applied it just like regular Brisa yesterday, building in the apex and such with the pink, white smile line created with the string technique, but I noticed on the step by steps on CND.com it just says to apply 2 layers of the sculpting gel? Is it actually to be applied like a polish then without building in any shape?

I am definitely not a sculpting guru, however I would say no, you will need to build an apex and shape into your enhancement otherwise it won't last.

well I love it! Not trained in enhancements at all so I am talking about the smoothing gel and I have just applied it to my guinea pig and am very impressed, On one hand she has bl smoothing gel with Shellac ashphalt and on the other hand bl smoothing gel with ashphalt polish with super shiny top coat, I will attempt to post a pic but they looked incredibly similar in shine and thickness not just colour x

Just wanted to take a second to comment regarding shipping queues.

Its pretty frustrating to put an order in and hear of someone else who put theirs in after you, but theirs processed first. Trust me when I say it is frustrating for us to hear this too.

There can be any number of reasons as to how this could happen. Sometimes it is a result of someone paying for expedited delivery, sometimes it is because of additional items on the order which cause some orders to take longer to process than others. Some times it is down to human error however it is usually just a result of the distribution system (which we are actually investing HEAVILY into this year to get even better performance).

Just as an FYI, we do not prioritise phone orders over web orders, we only prioritise guaranteed deliveries. And we always quote 48 hours and always aim to have it within 24 hours.

The current system generates picking tickets for the SquareHouse team based on priority (guaranteed next day) and then in the order it was received ( and billed ). These tickets are divided between the picking team who assemble the orders which are then dropped in a staging area for final packing and processing. No 2 orders will arrive sequentially to the staging area and no 2 orders will be processed sequentially as there really isn't a mechanism for this.

Depending on the other orders your hero is picking, yours may be picked super fast, or a little less fast (depends on # of orders and lines on the orders before yours). Then, depending on the staging area for packing, yours may be packed and processed really fast, or not as fast (depends on size of orders before yours)!

Personally, I suspect the couple of hold ups were a result of my error in putting them on the site. For that, I am embarrassed and sorry, but the good news is you will have it within the time quoted or I will go all Kung-Fu Hustle on peeps.

HTHs!

YOU are my hero!

I phoned this morning and spoke to Jenny, I was disappointed to say the least that it wasn't coming today but only because I SO desperately want to play with it. She said she was sorry for the delay and I accepted.

I had my bottom lip out for about 10 minutes but then went on with my day.

About 20 minutes later, I have my email telling me my order had be processed. I was extremely happy about this.

THEN to top it off, the lovely Jenny called me about half way through the day to apologise.

I was bowled over that she had taken the time to call and assure me that everything was as it should be.

I have renamed my status as an S2 customer. I am now what I call a Sweetie. It's a bit like a groupie because I can nothing to fault you services to me as a client and I do nothing but gush about how amazing you guys are as a company.

All that remains to be said is a massive THANK YOU XX

Had a lady in for a repair today and she has very weak flakey nails and oils religiously twice a day! So soaked off and applied brisa lite smoothing with shellac and she seemed sooo happy that this product had come out! Can't wait to see her back and see how it has went.

I also couldn't help myself! Love love love it! Can't wait for training to find out all hints and tips! Xxx

Well my brisa lite arrived this evening, and I couldn't wait to get finished work to have a play, and boy do I love it! I don't do that many enhancements so no expert, but it was so easy to use. I'm now wearing masquerade on every other finger and the sculpted brisa lite on my thumb, might start a new trend lol :lol: Can't wait for my first shellac client tomorrow so I can try the smoothing gel, I have a feeling she may be getting smoothing gel whether she needs it or not lol.

Attachments

• brisalite.jpg
    brisalite.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 220
Well my brisa lite arrived this evening, and I couldn't wait to get finished work to have a play, and boy do I love it! I don't do that many enhancements so no expert, but it was so easy to use. I'm now wearing masquerade on every other finger and the sculpted brisa lite on my thumb, might start a new trend lol :lol: Can't wait for my first shellac client tomorrow so I can try the smoothing gel, I have a feeling she may be getting smoothing gel whether she needs it or not lol.

Wow looks lovely! Got mine today just finished work! I'm gona have a shower then I think it's time for my nails to have brisa lite on them as I can't wait till Friday to try this on myself!!! Lol

First client to have Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel & Shellac Vexed Violet. Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel was a joy to work with and so much easier than having to do fibreglass overlay. Highly recommend it.:Love:

Attachments

• CND Brisa Lite & Shellac Vexed Violet.jpg
    CND Brisa Lite & Shellac Vexed Violet.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 190
Mine is being delivered tomorrow, so will be soaking off my gelish to try the BL smoothing gel with shellac. I can't keep shellac on my nails usually as they are weak, so can't wait to try this. Got the smoothing kit but unfortunately I missed out on the Sculpting kit so bought a clear sculpting gel to try till the new stock arrives, though it doesn't sound like i will have too long for it to be in stock again.
Diane x

This is probably a silly question but I'm going to ask anyway! I have a client with oily nails and her shellac peels off will the smoothing gel last any longer on her?

This is probably a silly question but I'm going to ask anyway! I have a client with oily nails and her shellac peels off will the smoothing gel last any longer on her?

Have to say, I really do not believe in the "oily nail plate" thing. Been doing nails for too long and rarely if ever come across these oily nail plates that everyone blames for their problems and service breakdown. Oily nail plates can be temporarily dehydrated quite easily.

Both Brisa Lite Removable gels have superior adhesion and should last longer because they are both stronger than Shellac on its own. Just try it and see. Promise nothing and just see what happens.

I do not intend to promise my clients one single thing ... I'm going to make silent changes and see what happens. :biggrin: They certainly are not going to notice if I add BL Smoothing Gel instead of Shellac Base coat; and if they do I will tell them I am trying a new and improved version and make no promises, just tell them to go away and see what differences they can spot.

Sorry if this has been asked . Does t anyone know when the sculpting kit will be in stock

I have asked the mods to delete this post. I specifically said no questions re stock, classes or S2 in this thread and no THANK YOUS.
I said it in my first post and if there are posts of that nature I AM GOING TO HAVE THEM DELETED. If anyone has questions like that they can ring S2. If you want to thank someone then click the heart . NO THANK YOUS either.

I have asked the mods to delete this post. I specifically said no questions re stock, classes or S2 in this thread and no THANK YOUS.
I said it in my first post and if there are posts of that nature I AM GOING TO HAVE THEM DELETED. If anyone has questions like that they can ring S2. If you want to thank someone then click the heart . NO THANK YOUS either.

Actually I believe that was you other thread about technical questions etc , I made a point of checking as I didn't t want to get it wrong x

I've had a play today with the smoothing gel? I love it & my shellac feels so much stronger x

Actually I believe that was you other thread about technical questions etc , I made a point of checking as I didn't t want to get it wrong x

Thanks my mistake. Ive been whizzing between threads for 2 days and must've got lost as to where i WAS :D.

IN ANY CASE ... questions about stock should be addressed to S2 not salon geek.
No wonder people think this is sweetsquared.com when people ask questions like this here. I have never seen a post asking when OPI stock was going to be in or Star Nails etc. ONLY S2 .. and it is wrong to ask that here.
The number is 0845 2106060 if you need stock or class information.

Thanks my mistake. Ive been whizzing between threads for 2 days and must've got lost as to where i WAS :D.

IN ANY CASE ... questions about stock should be addressed to S2 not salon geek.
No wonder people think this is sweetsquared.com when people ask questions like this here. I have never seen a post asking when OPI stock was going to be in or Star Nails etc. ONLY S2 .. and it is wrong to ask that here.
The number is 0845 2106060 if you need stock or class information.

Aw Geeg .. I figured you didn't know which thread you were on for a moment .. well done you anyway for everything you have done on BOTH threads.

I would have been discombobulated quite a few hours ago so 'the girl's done good' :Love:

I'm a little confused as to what exactly is the difference between Brisa lite base coat and shellac base coat?

I've just been through the Product sheets on CND.com and all ingredients are the same except for the last one 'CI 60730 (Ext. Violet 2)'. This, according to FDA is a color ingredient. (Im going on my training next week and I'm swotting up :) lol!)

Why would I then need to buy the brisa lite base coat when I could in theory use the shellac base coat?
Thanks
Cait

The formulation in both base coats is different, but that information is proprietary and unavailble to any one other than CND themselves, even us educators are not privy to proprietary information.
Again like anything else a system is designed to be used as a system, has been tested as a system and will give the results expected of that system when used as intended.
Using shellac base coat instead of Brisa lite base coat is not part of the system and you won't get the results you want. Likewise vice versa.
Jen xx

The formulation in both base coats is different, but that information is proprietary and unavailble to any one other than CND themselves, even us educators are not privy to proprietary information.
Again like anything else a system is designed to be used as a system, has been tested as a system and will give the results expected of that system when used as intended.
Using shellac base coat instead of Brisa lite base coat is not part of the system and you won't get the results you want. Likewise vice versa.
Jen xx

The ingredients in a cake are butter, sugar, flour, eggs .. But depending on the amount of each the cake is completely different. Just because something shares the same ingredients does not make the formula the same!

Time some people stopped trying to out smart or 'bend' the system and accept the fact that the products need to be used as directed by CND. CND have come out with something absolutely superb and unique and we should all respect what that is doing for our businesses and abide by the protocols .... Otherwise the Word 'messer' comes to mind. :rolleyes

I'm a little confused as to what exactly is the difference between Brisa lite base coat and shellac base coat?

I've just been through the Product sheets on CND.com and all ingredients are the same except for the last one 'CI 60730 (Ext. Violet 2)'. This, according to FDA is a color ingredient. (Im going on my training next week and I'm swotting up :) lol!)

Why would I then need to buy the brisa lite base coat when I could in theory use the shellac base coat?
Thanks
Cait

i removed my guinea pigs Shellac and BL smoothing Gel this morning (with nourishing remover) and I can vouch for the fact the Basecoat for BL seems different to Shellac Basecoat.

Shellac BC seems to need help from a scrape of an orangewood stick to be fully removed from the nail.

BL basecoat came off like a dream! no crystallised residue to scrape off - i just used the orangewood stick to move it off the nail.

v impressed

Latest posts

Back