cheapest car insurance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanleyann

squeeky macgeeky
Reaction score
hi everyone.....i've been on here lurking for the past so many weeks as i have been decorating and my comp has been sat on a pile of storage boxes and i couldnt really sit the keyboard anywhere to type......there were quite a few threads that i wanted to reply to but it was just too much hassle to try and balance my keyboard somewhere to type more than a few words :mad:

anyway i'm looking for a bit of feedback regarding car breakdown cover and insurance........has anyone had any really good deals lately.......my cheapest so far has been kwikfit.....i know a lot of companies also give good discounts if the policy is done online

cheers ma dears

stanleyann

I'm with Halifax at the mo, but just changed my car to a Range Rover and will be going with Directline when policy ends in January, they worked out the cheapest for me. HTH.

Teri x:hug:

just got a quote from direct line and its over £100 more than my kwikfit quote......tried esure too and they were even dearer :irked:

stanleyann

I insure both my cars with prudental and if you go fully comp you get free breakdown cover....but i dont use it as my dad pays for me to use rac.

Tesco was cheapest for me (and husband too) but about £150....

I insure both my cars with prudental and if you go fully comp you get free breakdown cover....but i dont use it as my dad pays for me to use rac.

Im with prudential to and they were the cheapest for me this year but before that i was with Diamond.
Prudential don't charge extra if you use your car for business use either :) xx

quinn were cheapest for me as they cover business use as well and didnt charge me any extra
I got my quote through confused.com or moneysupermarket.com
hth

just got a quote from direct line and its over £100 more than my kwikfit quote......tried esure too and they were even dearer :irked:

stanleyann

I'm sorry to hear that, it worked for me. Its' very monotomous trying to find the right/cheapest insurance, hopefully you'll get there in the end.:hug:

I'm with Swinton, mainly because they do a few extras that other insurance companies charge for - if you have an accident and are miles from home, they will tow you back for free and they cover all windows in the car if you get broken into, not just the windscreen. They were cheaper than all others I tried, even the 10 month accelerator policies.

I was proper chuffed!

cheers everyone....i will try a few that you have mentioned later on once i get the wee chap to bed.......hopefully i will get what i'm looking for :)

stanleyann

When we changed our insurance, we have shopped around, and we chose elephant, it was the cheapest, we can get.

after shopping around i decided to go with kwikfit as they gave the best quote but when i phoned my old insurance co to ask for proof of no claims they asked me to wait for 10 mins while they looked into my renewal quote........i got a pleasant surprise when they phoned me back and quoted me £220.......£160 cheaper than the original price they quoted for my renewal and also £26 cheaper then the kwikfit quote :eek: that is for fully comp cover with 10 years no claims

anyway i jumped at that offer so i only need to sort out my breakdown cover now :)

stanleyann

I got some really cheap insurance from the Post Office I even got £50 cash back so it only cost me £80 for fully comp.
I did a search through confused.com they are great they list loads of different quotes and you pick the one you want.

Latest posts

Back