Client Trouble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks girlies feeling much better about the situation now she aint bothered to txt or call so there aint much i can do silly woman x

its a nightmaire well she aint txt or rang me back so i can't deal with the problem if she wont even talk to me or let me see the nails x

hey j555_sxy

i had this problem a week or two ago but with a client with bitten nails. i know what your going through. as some of the girls on here have said, never give a refund for anything, make sure you see the nails first and sort out any problems and then if you have a nasty client just give a refund and soak off.

but you have used your products and time for this treatment and they expect you to just refund it. on my post i wrote about my client, one girl said to me that for her nail extensions she would always say before starting that no refunds will be given - which i found to be useful. when you've done a set of nails ask the client if she's happy and that refunds won't be given, when she walks out the door she can't change her mind, although you'll fix any major problems. maybe write down what you've told the client and get her to sign it.

i just hope your feeling a lot better about it and just let her get on with things. also the texting is a bad idea, always ring for complaints and things.

sorry about the long post but keep your head up - your nails are lovely and she's just trying it on as you can tell from her not texting you back or answering the phone.
good luck with everything xxxxx

thanks Beauty W i will defo be getting my clients to sign a no refunds form from now on x x

Much great advice given here.
Basically.. my feelings are this:
She's a biter.. so she will pick and nibble and cause stress to the enhancements no matter what and she will LIE about it (though much is an unconcious habit).
AND if she refuses to come in and have them sorted, too bad.
Absolutely no refund.
The one and only time I agreed to a refund was if the client presented herself for a soak-off. Oh H*** no am I letting someone run around with free nails.
She actually did show up BUT 6 of 10 of them had been PICKED off and the telltale damage was everywhere. She tried to claim they had fallen off, but I used the paper/glue analogy, and because she had agree to the paper/glue analogy; she realized she'd sunk herself (example of paper/glue analogy convo with client is below).
Sooo no refund was given, obviously.

She hasn't a leg to stand on, and likely knows it, hence her not replying to your phone calls, nor letting you have a look-see at her nails.
Stick to your guns.

Ok, my "Paper-glue" analogy that makes pickers-biters confess.

Me: I see some damage here, it appears that they might have gotten whacked in a door or something (giving benefit of the doubt, and an escape from 'picking'), That must have hurt?
Client: No, I haven't knocked them, I've been very gentle with them. I'm not hard on my hands. They just fell off
Me: Hmmm... Perhaps it fell off after it was knocked. Sometimes we knock them, and don't realize and they pop later because they're barely hanging on. Here, have a look with your hand under the UV lamp. See all the white? That's damaged/torn nail plate.
See, there's only damage from force either by whacking them or picking them. Let me give you an example.
Ok, here are two pieces of paper. I will lay one on top of the other. If you lift the top one off, what happens to the one underneath?
Client: Nothing...
ME: Ok. So that means that the two pieces of paper were not stuck together?
Client: Right
Me: Now if I lay this sheet of paper here. Then put glue on it. Then lay another sheet on top, press it down into the glue and let it dry. Now, if you then try to lift the upper sheet off the lower one, what happens?
Client: The paper tears.
Me: Ok, so the tears/damage means that they were stuck together, right? And if they are not stuck together, then there is no damage to be found.
Client: (looking sheepish as lightbulb turns on)
ME: Look, I'm a former biter. I DO understand temptation and how sometimes we unconciously nibble. It's harder to quit than smoking because it's an unconcious thing whereas smoking requires you dig for a lighter and pull out your smokes. I can help you with this..... etc.......

This conversation has never failed one single time, and no biter/picker can refute the logic of it.
Hope it helps
:hug:

I looked at her record card and it had been 3 WEEKS since her colour had been done, and suprise she wanted it fixed on the saturday cos she was going to a wedding.

Ugh, I'm finding too that they do that. When I first started, I had a resin lady who did that every time she needed a fill. She'd get them done, be perfectly happy, disappear for 3 - 5 weeks then call me and start complaining that she's "just not happy, they're all breaking" and they look bad and try to get work for free. She's been a client at that salon for 25 years and apparently she still does it to the hairdressers too.

Finally I caught on and was like "Well, yeah you need a fill!" :evil:

Sounds to me like she wanted to have her nails done for a night out at the weekend but couldn't really afford to have them done and now she is saying she doesn't like them to get her money back!

Call me a cynic but I wouldn't put it past anyone!

Stand your ground hun!

Is she a regular client or was this her first time? x

You want to know what I think?
She had a great time on Saturday, spent more money then she should and now she wants to claw a bit of money back.
So keep the call log on your mobile to prove that you've tried to contact her if she takes it further, but in truth, I think she's full of it.
The nails are fine, she's refused to let you see them, she's refused to let you correct them if it's needed and she's tried to frighten you, by using threatening language.
She agreed that she liked them when you completed them and judging by the photo she's a nail biter to boot.
Forget the silly mare and move on xx

yeah was her first time and yes a nail biter thanks for all the advice everyone im over it now she hasnt contacted me again so there aint much more i can do. x

Well for what my opinion is worth, I think your nails look lovely and i'd be happy with those.

She's a right cow and what goes around comes around. I bet you she's done the same thing to ever nail tech she's ever been to.

I know how you feel about feeling scared cos i'm a worrier like you and I know i'll feel the same way as you, the first time I get a client like her, but thanks to this wonderful site I have learnt a lot today from your post.

Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope you feel better now hun.

xxx

thanks lou lou you just got to keep your head up the girlies on here are great :D x x

OK

Firstly I really don't hope I offend you but I would not be happy with those nails. From the pic they do look quite far up the nail and some of the nails don't look the same shape as the others. I am not a nail technician this is purely my point of view from just looking at the photo and yes I to would probably want a refund.

I think that the client has probably gone about it the wrong way by threatening trading standards from the beginning.

The bottom line is she is not happy with the nails. If I was in your position I would have requested that you meet with her again to see the nails and she could then have pointed out the problems she had and then an arrangement could of been whether it be a refund, new set etc. If she isn't happy with them or the customer service she has received then she will tell everyone.

I know she hasn't responded to you but I would try calling or texting her to get this sorted out.

OK

Firstly I really don't hope I offend you but I would not be happy with those nails. From the pic they do look quite far up the nail and some of the nails don't look the same shape as the others. I am not a nail technician this is purely my point of view from just looking at the photo and yes I to would probably want a refund.

I think that the client has probably gone about it the wrong way by threatening trading standards from the beginning.

The bottom line is she is not happy with the nails. If I was in your position I would have requested that you meet with her again to see the nails and she could then have pointed out the problems she had and then an arrangement could of been whether it be a refund, new set etc. If she isn't happy with them or the customer service she has received then she will tell everyone.

I know she hasn't responded to you but I would try calling or texting her to get this sorted out.

If I was a nail biter I WOULD be very happy with those nails.
As a nail tech of 8+ years I know how difficult it is to do a perfect set of nails on a nail biter. As said before if she wasn't happy with her nails she should have said at the time. I believe she commented on them not being straight, they looked straight to me , and of course they WILL look a bit far up the nail plate, She is a nail biter and nail biters have very small nail plates !!!!!

thanks Diane nail technician comments are welcome ;)

i think she is trying to threaten and bully you with trading standards. IF she comes back to you via txt, tell her to call you as you wont be discussing it via text anymore. if or when she calls tell her you need to see the nails and if she is not willing to do that then the discussion goes no further.

I had one woman who came back after 3 days, she said she loved her nails and then said she didnt. I asked her to come in, she kicked up a fuss in front of my other clients, but i remained calm. I said i would refund her MINUS the soak off costs . she said no, so i said no refund .

I said to her " look what you are saying is that you would walk into a shop, buy shoes, then return them and say you dont like them. you want a refund AND TO KEEP THE SHOES??? . No way sorry. you either sit down and agree a soak off or you leave the shop.

she left.

It's never nice but you have agreed to see the nails, have agreed to fix problems. but you want to see the nails. Its up to her if she is prepared to meet you halfway or not.

tigi

VERY VERY well put Tigi. x

When you did this ladys' nails..did you explain to her that as she is a nail biter her nails are not in the best condition therefore the nails you put on cannot be expected to last as well and she will really need to come in for maintenance more regularly (probably the following week) whilst her natural nails repair...did you ask her to sign a disclaimer on her consultation card to say that "due to the fact I am a nail biter I cannot hold (your name/salon name) responsible for any problems etc"

I think if you outline these things in the beginning then they cannot be dissappointed, and if you have made a note of these things on a record card and discussed the potential problems then they know what to expect.

I always think its best to encourage nail biters to have overlays to grow their nails out and for them to come back every 7 - 10 days at first, or at least just have a clear overlay on for a week before they go ahead and have a full set x

thanks tigi well put and thanks anna great advice x x

these are the nails, what do you think?

Photo0626.jpg
Sorry have not read all of the thread but i would like to ask if this picture was took straight after the nails were applied?
faye
x

thanks Diane nail technician comments are welcome ;)

Can I ask then are non nail techs opinions/comments not welcome?Because this is a beauty and nail forum and you asked for advice which is exactly what Bombini(Juliette has given)

Sometimes we hear things we dont want to in this industry and I have to say I dont think the product looks like it's very close to the cuticle and I dont think the product application is very well placed,the finish isn't very even and does appear lumpy.

Im not looking to offend you and I can see your newly qualified and that your Essential Nails trained but we have to take on board other peoples comments and advice even if we dont like it.Its called constructive cristism,nobody is trying to be nasty and I personally think you were a little rude to Juliette(Bombini)who though not a nail tech is actually qualified in enhancements and is also a very well respected geek on here.

Incidently I have done many nail biters nails and where I do agree that getting them to look good is much harder because of the small nail plates etc I do think there is no reason why the product couldnt have been placed closer to the cuticle and blended in nicely so there was no obvious ridge

I think the women who has had her nails done needs an infill and some work on finishing off the nails,ie some more filing is needed.They could be made to look much nicer in my opinion.

Like I said please dont take this personally,you have asked for advice and I am merely giving it to you in the nicest possible way I can.:hug:

Latest posts

Back