Competition - Stiletto nail with embossed and/or encased nailart

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is only one photo per entrant, so if you send more than one only, one will be accepted.
Judges will be judging on the overall look of the finished work, clarity and compossition of the photo, application of the art work, and the use of colour and other media and how well they work together.

Thanks,

I will have a go now then. Been itching to give a stiletto a go.

Good luck everyone.

Two weeks left until competition closes. Any more entries are more than welcome.

Two weeks left until competition closes. Any more entries are more than welcome.

Hey Sher I think you will find loads coming to you on the closing day lol This happened when I did last years easter comp:hug:

Hey Sher I think you will find loads coming to you on the closing day lol This happened when I did last years easter comp:hug:

Me been one of them lol

I have done a nail and im quite happy with it BUT i took 3 pics and cant decide which to submit as neither one captures it all as i want.

Im now deciding if to do another nail :irked:

Hey, Ive only just seen this thread, so I think that I may have a go if I get the time.
Can the 'nail' be created on a tip? Like I mean just a tip, no finger/nail or anything? Just that I dont have anyone that would be keen to sit there for long enough while I experiment, but I do a lot of practise art work on tips so cant see why this wouldnt work?

Hey, Ive only just seen this thread, so I think that I may have a go if I get the time.
Can the 'nail' be created on a tip? Like I mean just a tip, no finger/nail or anything? Just that I dont have anyone that would be keen to sit there for long enough while I experiment, but I do a lot of practise art work on tips so cant see why this wouldnt work?

Sorry hun but it does state in the rules (as approved by the mods) that it has to be on a real model, that model can be yourself or a client or a friend.

Sorry hun but it does state in the rules (as approved by the mods) that it has to be on a real model, that model can be yourself or a client or a friend.

Aww well that rules me out, I only have clients at work at the mo, and my boss would not appreciate me spending hours on this, and none of my mates have the patience. As for me, due to skin problems im unable to wear enhancements at the moment :( Ah well maybe next time huh :) Thanks anyways

And a HUGE good luck to everyone who is entering, I hope we get to see the finished products :)

Crossing my fingers that tonight's client/friend will let me play.

got an idea.

and this will only be my 2nd time doing stiletto, but I'll give anything a whirl.
Haven't competed in a geek comp in a while.

Getting all psyched up for it

:green:

I had a practice last night. I don't think I'll be winning anything. LOL.

I have done another one tonight....But alas..yet another pic that wont be getting entered....try No. 5 tomorrow lol :green:

I'm giving it a whirl.

Finished mine tonight, at 12:30am. I'm BEAT.
I harassed a great pal to let me do some 'experimenting'.
While I'm sure it won't place since it's only my 2nd or 3 stiletto in my life (we Canadians are square creatures LOL)... I'm hoping it garners some interest for originality.

I'm not 100% happy with it...... BUT I love the idea!

I can NOT wait for the entries to all be in so we can find out what's what....

well.. off to bed, to think on 'my nail'... and so I'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning when I edit and crop the picture to send in.

Good luck to everyone!!

:hug:

I only just seen this.. might give it a go xxx

Just bumping to get everyones attention. :lol: There is only 9 days left to get your entries in.

Ok panic panic panic....

I am going to dedicate today to it.....
I keep starting then thinking....Nope !
AArrrgghhhh I hate my indesisiveness :irked:

Ok panic panic panic....

I am going to dedicate today to it.....
I keep starting then thinking....Nope !
AArrrgghhhh I hate my indesisiveness :irked:

Me too I am now oh my 7th attempt lol and still not happy :rolleyes:

hi everyone
have'nt ever entered a nail competition b4 and now i begining to regret it, i'm running out of finger's now, as nobody wants to model for me.i have 3 daughters , and today they have stayed well out of my way, in case i ask them to model for me, funny very funny when they want a lift anywhere i might just go missing....
thg:mad:

ok have just updated the prize list and their allocation.
There is only this week left to get your entries in, entries need to be in by Midnight Sunday UK time the 30th March.

Cheers

Last edited:
ok have just updated the prize list and their allocation.
There is only this week left to get your entries in, entries need to be in by Midnight Sunday UK time the 30th March.

Cheers
So is that about lunchtime Monday in this part of the world?

Latest posts

Back