Creating Perfection the Marian Newman Way

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lily

Reaction score
Just want to say a very big thankyou to
Oceana (Clare)
nails @ 42nd street (Cathie)
Fab Freak (Louise)
Paula
Joanne
Sal
Absolutly Fab (Caroline)

For making Marians day and thurs eve absolutly fantastic...................i can not beleive how fast it has gone!!!!!!! I hope you all had as much fun as me and i cannot wait to see the images.........you guys are really talented and mad LOL

Very big thankyou to Marian (Mum) Hope you got home ok!!!! and i hope you wernt too shattered (i am LOL)..........Your gadget it brill and i want one!!!! I think we all learnt something as well as having a ball.........

Thankyou all agian and i really hope you all enjoyed it as much as me!!!!!

Love and Hugs Amanda

ps..........hope you liked the salon, its not quite finished yet though! xxxxxxx

I had a fantastic day and learned loads and got some great ideas to boot.

Lily, you salon is beautiful you must be soo pleased!

Thanks to Mum and all the girls for making it such a great day....can't wait for the next!!!

Can't wait to see all the images although I'm not too sure about mine!!! Such a laugh setting up and modeling for all those photos....makes you glad not to be a model if the aches and pains of holding a position for so long is anything to go by!

And as for the 'gadget', I'll look at my prep in a totally different light from now on!

Love and hugs to everyone xxx

Sounds like you ladies had a ball but, come on ...dont keep us in suspense ... what IS 'the gadget', lol!

Glorsclaws said:
Sounds like you ladies had a ball but, come on ...dont keep us in suspense ... what IS 'the gadget', lol!

Was just about to ask the same thing Glors lol

Glad you all had a ball.

Take care Dawnie xxx

My mind is boggling - I think I probably need 'the gadget'! Glad you all had a brilliant time - I'm jealous! Oh Marian - when are you doing something in London or Essex?

Thanks Lily!

I had a great time. Have just read the posts on your site so I am very pleased that everyone else did too :hug:

The day went sooooo fast but wait till you see some of the amazing images. (Think some pics and images might be in Scratch soon)

Herman has spilt the beans on my 'gadget'! It's a magnifyer that connects to my laptop. When you think you've done a good prep job :eek:

Tracey Leja (OSNS in Essex) has asked me to do a day at her place so I'll have a chat with her and tell her what madness was had by all yesterday :Scared:

xxx

Hiya all!

Sound like you guys had a great day!, well done to everyone taking part, how exciting must that have been!

Going to have to get myself out an about (olympia , excell, etc)
an meet a few of you guys!

Sorry to sound a bit ingnorant, but i dont know very many people yet!
Can you tell me the title of Marian Newmans Book, (as i am interested in reading it) i have hered so much about it, it is very much talked about, and can i buy it from the likes of waterstones?

Again i appologise Marian ( whom i now belive is Mum) for being a bit ignorant!:smack:
I am embarassed now:o

Is Mum Marian Newman?

Can I just say that your book is amazing it was the 1st thing I bought when I started my course and it has been a fantastic help so thank you.

Martigirl said:
Is Mum Marian Newman?

Can I just say that your book is amazing it was the 1st thing I bought when I started my course and it has been a fantastic help so thank you.

Hi Martigirl

So pleased you have found it so useful! I know it's a bit text heavy but I am a science and word 'freek'.

Please PM me if you have any specific questions.

Good luck with your career

Marian - I know Tracey would love you to visit Essex and I am sure it would be a FULL HOUSE!

It was THE MOST AMAZING time :)

From arriving at the Premier Inn on THursday evening and we all met and had drinks and a meal and lots and lots of talking :) to leaving Lily and Hermans fabulous Elite at nearly 7pm on Friday I had the most incredible time.

I had the privelege of meeting and hopefully becoming long lasting friends and colleagues of Marian, Amanda, Lee, Caroline, Louise, Cathy, Sal, Paula and the truly sparkling Clare. I learned so much from this time, including things about myself and my ambition in the industry and what an education from Marian! OMG! she is one of the most interesting, knowledgeable and kind people that I have ever had the privelege of meeting. And it really was "creating perfection the Marian Newman Way" - wow! at the nails and images we all created. And her gadget - eeks! It really did show up things on the nail plate lol but it was a fantastic gadget and because of this we were able to see and learn so much more in our quest to become the best nail technicians we can be.

There were some amazing images created yesterday and I cant wait to see them. Marian said that she was going to take us out of our "comfort zones" and push us and that is what she did - I created something that I didn't think was possible and it is something that will always be there forever as a tribute to my mum, who I miss so much, and as a reminder of one of the best days possible :) Marian - thankyou from the bottom of my heart xx hug:

Amanda and Lee your salon is gorgeous and so peaceful and calm (well when not crowded with us lot and our madness lol) Congratulations and thanks to both of you for being fantasticio hosts :)

I can only say to anyone who might think about attending this day should Marian do another .... you will have to beat me to a ticket lol because I would definately go again ... it was amazing!! :)

Take care and :hug:
Joanne xxx

oh my god what a fabbaroonio day pmsl.....I haven't laughed that much in ages.....Marian was a truly inspirational lady with so much to share......Lee and Amanda thank YOU for organising the day, Sal was an amazing model with gorgeous hands...and patient with me!!
Thanks again all it was an incredibly magical day

Love you all
xxxxxxx

PS....my cuticle work was IMMACULATE today!!!!!!!

for all those who said it was too far to travel............................ you missed one hell of a day!! i havent lauighed so much in ages..... oceana was born to be on the stage!!

Marion was a true inspiration we could of listened to her all day about her job , really funny lady!!

Props well, we had strawberrys & lip gloss,masks , bubbles and we even crewated the original "golden balls"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine doug shoon book and his pics we saw some amazing things like this with marions gadjet!!!prep will never be the same!!!

thanks lily for a fabbio roonio day, you and herman were perfect host!!!
hope you all have a good weekend. lily how didi your party go... i hear there is a new rabbit out or is it a hamster?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i would just like to say a very well done to all the ladies that attended those nails in the gallery look really really FAB, iam sat here wishing that i had gone now iam really jealous of you all. (i could kick myself now because i only live about 6 miles away from amandas salon)you can all do such fab nails and it sounds like you had a good day.

i just want to say that i loved all of the nails but i really love the blue ones and i love the shape.(does anyone know what they call the colour)

take care

hi emma....yeh it was a brill day!
is it the blue stilettoes youre talking about?? If so theyre mine! It is Creative Hot Pop Blue.

xxxxxxxxxx

those nails are FANTASTIC i wish i could do some that look just like that (surpose i can just carry on dreaming)

once again well to to you all

take care

thanks emma thats really kind, wait till you see the final image its going to look cool! Im really loving stiletto nails at the moment!!

clare xx

emma I saw them in the flesh so to speak and they were absolutely fabulous!! god that damn woman is gonna haunt me lol i cant believe it took me that long to work out why she is called abfab! lol I kept thinking to myself "who does she remind me of?" doh!!!and as far as oceana is concerned - I am gonna be able to say "oh yes i knew her of course before she was famous" such a sweet girl ;)

oh joey ya sweetheart!! ill have a laptop full of piccies one day!

mwah
clare x

mum said:
Hi Martigirl

So pleased you have found it so useful! I know it's a bit text heavy but I am a science and word 'freek'.

Please PM me if you have any specific questions.

Good luck with your career

Thank you so much I cannot belive how much help is offered in such a lovely way on this site.

Latest posts

Back