Do you use gel top coat on acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanilla Pod

Reaction score
How many geeks use gel for the top coat instead of buffing to high shine x

Hi Hun,
Yes I use Glaze n Go from NSI, just for speed, though I sometimes think it look a bit yellow, looking to use a different one when I have used this up. I price it in with my sets, I know some techs charge extra for it, but it is quicker than buffing to a shine.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

I do buff but I also use CND Brisa gel top coat Finishing Gloss as well:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Hun,
Yes I use Glaze n Go from NSI, just for speed, though I sometimes think it look a bit yellow, looking to use a different one when I have used this up. I price it in with my sets, I know some techs charge extra for it, but it is quicker than buffing to a shine.

I use this too although haven't experienced any yellowing with it. I also don't charge extra as it is much quicker than buffing. :)

haven't used it myself, because I never got around to buying a lamp but I've had Angel fingers do my nails for the last month and she uses it, must say it really cuts back on the over all time and its just as glossy as a good buff.

Hi Hun,
i also use glaze n go and i havent had any experience with yellowing.
i think its a fab product and i would only go back to using a topcoat of nail varnish if i really,really had too.x

i also use glaze n go and i havent had any experience with yellowing.
i think its a fab product and i would only go back to using a topcoat of nail varnish if i really,really had too.x
Hi,
The yellowing is just that it looks slightly yellow to me when I apply it. It is a new bottle that I am using, but did see the same with my last bottle, maybe I apply it a bit too thick.............ummmm !

I only apply CND Brisa Finishing Gloss if the client asks for it or if there is a need for it.

I can buff to a fantastic high shine in very little time using my CND Glossing buffer and I do not think it would take me any more time than applying Finishing gloss and curing, frankly. Most likely less time.

Normally if a client wears polish I would not buff to a high shine anyway. I would get to the white block to the 240 grit stage and then apply the polish which will add the shine.

Last edited:
How many geeks use gel for the top coat instead of buffing to high shine x

Hi Honey

Up until I found young nails i didnt use a gel top coat but I did buff to a high gloss shine. However I no use finish gel and love it.

Each to thier own I say:hug:

I use a gel top coat mostly. However, if my finishing needs more refining and I'm not happy, I'll go through all the grits to my smooth side of the koala & buff in Solar Oil, then allow it to soak into the enhancement (L&P), then move on to my cnd green & white glossing buffer.
It's a fantastic buffer and you can get in a block form or a file form. I personally use the block form for my clients, but the file form would make a great retail product.

I use a gel top coat too, i pretty much use it on all my clients as i personally do find it easier and quicker. I use finish it ! by Ezflow as it doesnt have a sticky residue which needs removing,plus the main reason for using it instead of buffing to a high shine ,is that it saves my shoulders from aching :lol:
Haze x

I have Finish it by EzFlow too and it is great but prefer to buff as I usually can retail a buffer to a new client when they see the results.

Another vote for Ezflow's Finish it. It's great, i'd prefer to use a gel coat now rather buffing.

Ive been using NSI thermoshield, I've also used diamond dry, OPI heat cured top coat and a few others. im a big fan of the UV/heat cured top coats, I still buff first, but there's just no comparison to the super shiny-glossy UV top coats. I find they stay glossy longer too and don't dull down nearly as fast or as much. I also like the fact that its like a little extra barrier of protection, I always advise clients to protect their nails from soaps and cleaners or other chemicals anyway, and to keep them moisturized, but we know its rare for them to actually take all these precautions. the nonporous finish sheilds a bit from wear and tear
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back