Eeek! Just sent these two pics with a job application....worst mistake ever? HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinkleTips69

Reaction score
Oh Dear.....

I have applied for a job abroad doing nails, and they emailed me back asking for some pics of my work and info about my qualifications....

Great I thought.....so I e-mailed back the qualifications and info they requested and said I'd forward some pics later on in the day when i was at my work computer.....and then of course, couldn't find said pictures on the work computer. Joy.

So thought in a desperate attempt to not let them down, I'd send 2 pics of my not so fabulous, grown out, desperate for a backfill nails....see attached photos (if you can)....

I did explain the situation in the email, and promised to send more pics asap......Have I blown my chances? Oh no!!! I'm so silly sometimes!

Help!! :eek:

Where are the pics hun?

Last edited:
and what exactly is wrong with them........if thats how goodyour work looks when it needs infills then your work done new im guessing looks absolutly fab!!!! That in my opinion will give you more of a chance of getting this job.....ahead of any applicants who send in pics of their work done specifically for the job application.

Sian is right, you are fretting bout nowt, your work is ace :hug:

I don't see any problem, they look great and I think it's a credit to you to see your nails at that stage still intact with no lifting and looking lovely. x

Lovely looking, not a disaster at all!

What everyone else said, I think they look fabulous. Esp for being not freshly done.

I *wish* mine looked like that after all the ware and tear!

Hey Edith ... I think you know these nails are not a disaster. A perfect example of how Creative nails should look after a few weeks growth. I'd hire you in a New York Minute!! :hug:

I think they look good but if your really worried then why dont you just send some more of you best ones asap anyway x

Hey hun
I think that your nails look really good so stop fretting hun.

Good luck with the Job inteview, let us know how it goes.

Sue :)

I agree with the others hun,
You have nothing to worry about, those nails are lovely :hug:
Good luck xxx

Those nails are FAB...you should be proud! :)

They're terrible............... not!

My goodness you must really really want this job!!! Fab work

they still look gorgeous.
i presonally think it shows that you are confident enough with your work to send them pics of your nails that need infills and its good for them to see how they look when they are a couple of weeks old.
you'll be fine as there is nothing wrong with those nails and i think they say alot about you.x

I think you've actually done yourself a favour! Instead of showing how wonderful a new set looks, you've shown instead how great your work looks after 2 weeks. A fortuitious mistake I think!:)

Wow thanks guys!!! In my panic of letting them down I didn't look at it from that angle. Feel much better now....big :hug:'s to everyone!

Hehe, Gigi - You got any jobs going!! I'd be there like a shot! :lol:

Well no news back yet, but have lined up a couple of friends to do some wild designs on so will forward her some more pics asap.

I'm loving all the leopard print designs everyone is doing, so might get the metro metal powders out!

Thank you so much people! I'm off to the critique forum to give back some love!!! hehe x :)

I think this raises a really good point for people, when sending photos of work for a job send two sets - the just done blow them away ones, but also the done a few weeks ago so people can see how your nails look with growth. As this is the time a client will decide do I go back to you or not.

Good luck!

Mat

the pictures look great for a resume, they show potential, they show you are not a sheep, they show you can do natural looking nails, they show you don't do typical nails.

If you sent them to me as an employer, I would show further interest in you.

i agree with everyone else hun , if these look that good after 2 wks it shows you are doing good work :green:,
dont stress hun i am sure you will get the job xxxx

Latest posts

Back