Frequent Poster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Hi all..

I've been to this board a few times, but never posted very often.
Up until recently, I was part of a board that was more local to me. (I'm in Canada, and it was an American board)

BUT... :sad: I was recently advised that I post too often....
Also, that I answered too often (I have a tendency to 'try' to answer if no one else has..on issues that I may not know all the answers on... so at least the poster asking a question has a reply of some sort until someone who knows better has time. I just give it my best shot).
Anyway, long story short.. some 'vets' of the board took offense at it....

I guess what I'm trying to say is: shall I join this board and be myself and answer questions when I can, (and or course, ask questions of my own)?

I am an upbeat cheery person.
I find humor everywhere including in my own mistakes (so sometimes I grin at other people's mistakes :o )
I'm a stay at home mother that works from home in the evenings.
I am an insomniac that sleeps only 4-5hrs a night.
I'm a speed reader and speed typist (90 words a minute...)
soooo this all translates into someone who posts OFTEN.

If any of you feel that my type of 'posting' would not be welcome here, please let me know now.
I'm really not up to getting attached to people and enjoying their company so to speak to have someone turn around and tell me I talk too much.
It hurts.

I read anything and everything (you never know what you might learn in a thread, even if you 'think' it doesn't pertain to you). If I comment, it's because a)I have input to offer b)I have a question(s).

Anyway.. please be honest with your replies.

Hugs all around

Everyone is Welcome here, so welcome to the site x x

I hope tht you won't expect people to reply as quickly as you though, I am definately NOT a quick typer!!

Enjoy the site sweetie it is fabulous x x:hug:

Hi Victoria
I remember you from that board, you pointed me to the lovely lady who did my avatar.
I don't think you have to worry about posting too much, you
have at least 4,999 posts to go to catch up on some on here LOL!!
There is a search facility which you are expected to use but I'd say Welcome! :hug:

Best wishes
KarenS.

~~~~~~

geek away, just do a search if you think your question may have been asked before.:biggrin:

nailtech said:
have at least 4,999 posts to go to catch up on some on here LOL!!

I wonder who you're talking about!!!

Victoria as the person who has the second largest number of posts on here let me welcome you whole heartedly to the board! I've never been told off for posting too much BUT I do try and answer queestions in the main forum constructively, giving advice where I can rather just saying "I dont know how to help". I know that's being friendly but it doesn;t help anyone and takes up bandwith! BUT (my there are lots of buts in this thread) we have a preat private messaging system(pm's), so if like me your fingers can;t help but type then you can send that person a pm.

On the whole we are a really friendly bunch, but like any family we have our disagreements. I've even thrown my toys out the pram on the odd occasion, but pretty soon start playing again. :wink2:

So I can't see you being roasted for posting too much, just make them count!!! Welcome to the board hun and I'll race to get to 10,000 first, although I do have quite a good head start on you!!!!

Oh and if you post something that's not right, particularly nail related, you'll be corrected, but boy oh boy will you learn some great stuff on here. :biggrin:

Hi Victoria,

don't be afraid of posting you questions or your answers it's a forum after all. you may not get an instant reply as some geeks feel they can't answer and wait for a more experienced geek to come along. As for posting, more the merrier i always say, as long as it's in the correct forum you should be ok. If geeks don't like your posts they can always put you on their ignore list...:wink2:

don't know if youv'e noticed but you will have a journal that you can add to that geeks can read and reply too.

Welcome to the site hun,:hug: no ones told me to shut up yet so I don't think you'll have a problem:twisted: We're all a bit mad on here so if you can cope with that.................you'll hear as much from us as we hear from you. In fact a couple of weeks ago someone posted about insomnia:biggrin:

Hiya welcome to the site xxxx

Hi and welcome to the site, look forward to reading you :wink2:
there's loads of info on here, the search option will become your best friend and before you know it you'll be addicted like the rest of us :D
xx

welcome aboard flower

i - like you - answer posts to the best of my knowledge, they are not always right, but thats how we learn

so type away chick

Well I just had to reply to this didn't I???

I am the 'gobbiest? geek on the site .... which in the UK means mouthiest or as I prefer to put it .. the most prolific poster!! :D

Welcome ... give me a rest!! :D I'm going to be away for 4 weeks (although I will be checking in ... don't you worry) so have fun and welcome to the site of sites.

Hi & welcome to the site. Looking forward to reading your posts but don't expect any quick typing from me!

One of the great thing about this site is that you can always post a question and you know (and can always rely on the fact) that some of the top posters on this site will read and comment on any problem you have.

It is something we all rely on...without regular posters there wouldn't be a site...I always really appreciate someone who has loads of posts replying to any probs I may have because you know they are well educated, knowledgeable and well respected and you will get a truthful and educated answer.

(of course that is not to say that people who dont post often are not well educated too!!!LOL you knwo what I mean!!)
So post away, and if other sites do not want your valuable experience then we certainly do!! Welcome!!:hug:

Hi & Welcome,

You'll soon be addicted and want to post all sorts so go for it i say!
I just love reading all the threads and dropping comments in where appropriate if i feel i can help. Enjoy.

Hey that's not fair. If you are a speed reader, you will catch up on all the thousands of posts in a few days. Ive been on here since December and havent got through them all yet! lol:biggrin:

I find when Im in a really talkative mood, I go crazy on my Journal. I can talk about anything and everything. I also can type really fast and that means I can type as fast as I talk! :eek: Bad Bad.

Welcome, from someone else who is relatively new, you will have fun Im sure. xx
PS, I appreciate your honesty and openess.

Victoria just be yourself babes and post away :D

Victoria............hunny speak yo mind for as long as you want and about anything you want.

We all go through those phases of ranting etc, but its all good as we all support each other.

As Geeg says, it's gonna take some gobby geek to beat her at being the gobbiest..........lol....love you Gigi....xx:Love:

Welcome to you Victoria enjoy the site its fab!!! Im new ish on here and I must remember to use the search facility incase what Im about to ask has already been answered!! I think this is the norm as millions of answers to common questions have been posted previously.....saying all that youll be fine

Welcome aboard friendly one!!
If they haven't kicked me out and told me to shutup yet, I can't see that they would ever do that to you. I'm sure I would win an award for the most posts on NON-nail related things...mind you, when I think I can help on a nail issue, I put my two cents in.

This is a wonderful site with wonderful people who share their wonderful knowledge...We are one big geeky family and we are glad to have you here!!

HI! I think it's fab that lots of peeps here post lots I usually log on everyday and there's always afew hundred new posts to read. I'm sure you wont be the only one making lots of posts. But with so much activity here the amount of reading might slow you up a bit.

Latest posts

Back