Harmony/CND - so confused!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BECKS1989

Reaction score
Hi all!!

I decided some time ago to start my nail career and decided after researching for some time to go straight in with the CND foundation course. Have saved up the money for the course and am now in the position to start in the new year.

My mum started getting her nails done by a different lasy a few months ago now...she is trained by Harmony.

They look amazing! Just as good as the Creative ones she used have! apart from cheaper!!

Th lady who does my mums nail has recently qualified as a Harmony Teacher and offered me a place on her next course for much cheaper than the CND course.

I know nails arent about 'cheapness' but I honestly don't know who to train with now.

Heard so many bad stories on here and other sites about nail schools/qualifications and noticed most people ended up training with CND so therefore decided to go straight in and train with them but after having experiences with a Harmony tech, I don;t know who to train with now!!

Any experiences of your own or comments would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!
B xx

I haven't trained with either so I'm probably not that much help. :lol: What I can say though from reading on here and on Facebook Nail Harmony look to be a great up and coming company.

Obviously you can't buy the reputation and years of experience that CND have, and they do have one of the best names in the nail world(as you have already worked out) but I just get the feeling Nail Harmony's following is going to be huge.

I don't use any of their products, yet, so my opinion has just come from lots of reading.

HTH Lx

Maybe you could ask specifically about people's experiences with the actual trainer. she has probably recently moved to Nail Harmony from another company. Tell us who she is!

CND is a well known company who need no introduction. Nail Harmony are a new and exciting company and the distributors in this country are Georgie and Jason Smedley. Georgie has a great reputation built over many years in this business and she is known as one of the nicest and best nail educators. She spent many years with EZflow and thought long and hard before taking on the Nail Harmony brand.

I use Gelish and the Nail Harmony acrylic which is wonderful to use so I would put both companies on equal footing with regards to the quality of product and training. I have also used CND products and they are also good quality.

You need then to look at other things to compare, pricing amongst them. Make a couple of phonecalls, see who you like to talk to on the phone, who is more helpful with information etc. Then you will have to make up your own mind.

It is a big decision to make as you are spending a lot of money on your training which will be ongoing throughout your career. Take your time and be happy with the decision you make, don't be rushed into anything and most of all, enjoy yourself! :green:

Hi Becks,

I have been a nail tech for 14 years, used most brands and educated for some. Well, I am opening my own salon and was looking for something a bit different to offer my clients. I contacted Harmony regarding gelish and received a sample of their acrylic through my letterbox the next morning. My friend (a former creative educator)and I played about with the product and we are now hooked. The product has amazing clarity, doesn't have a specific mix ratio (easier for newbies to pick up) and has amazing adherence to the nail plate. My clients who get infills every 2-3 weeks are now 3-4, allowing me to fit more clients in.

As for the customer service I have never experienced such a high level from a supplier.

My advice to you would be to speak to both educators, find out their experience and background in the industry, what the class sizes are and finally if they are on hand to provide further back up and support on completion of course.

Good luck with your new career and if you love it half as much as I do you'll be a happy bunny.

Xxx

also the founder of harmony is the original founder of ezflow he sold it in the 90's he name is danny haile. he is also a nail tech harmony is a product designed for nail techs by nail techs. i have never found anything to work like harmony it is an amazing product

Hi Becks

I am currently training with CND ( my last day is on tuesday) and i cannot put into words how good the course it. Its very intense with a lot to remember but i have come away after every class feeling more and more confident and with more knowledge not just about CND products but about the nail industry as a whole.
I would thoroughly recommend CND to anyone wanting to become a Nail tech!
Good luck in your decision!

Sarah xx

Maybe you could ask specifically about people's experiences with the actual trainer. she has probably recently moved to Nail Harmony from another company. Tell us who she is!

ha ha

it is Georgie Smedley from Ezflow. She is a really lovely lady and very good at what she does. But Im a CND girl and love everything about them.:)

I have to say that I have recently had dealing with harmony buying products from them and they are absolutely lovely. friendly, knowledgable and their products are fab.

I havent trained with them but I think that you would do well by chatting to both companies and making your decision.

I trained with CND kelly in leeds and Julia in manchester. both amazing educators.

I trained with Creative and think the training is excellent, enjoy using their products and the service that Creative offer - second to none. I also use both Creative and Harmony products and find them both as good as each other.

Hi all!!

I decided some time ago to start my nail career and decided after researching for some time to go straight in with the CND foundation course. Have saved up the money for the course and am now in the position to start in the new year.

My mum started getting her nails done by a different lasy a few months ago now...she is trained by Harmony.

They look amazing! Just as good as the Creative ones she used have! apart from cheaper!!

Th lady who does my mums nail has recently qualified as a Harmony Teacher and offered me a place on her next course for much cheaper than the CND course.

I know nails arent about 'cheapness' but I honestly don't know who to train with now.

Heard so many bad stories on here and other sites about nail schools/qualifications and noticed most people ended up training with CND so therefore decided to go straight in and train with them but after having experiences with a Harmony tech, I don;t know who to train with now!!

Any experiences of your own or comments would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!
B xx

To be honest this is a bit of an unfair question to ask.
CND are well established and their Distributors in the UK have been running training courses for years here and have won awards for their Education courses.
Many geeks on here have trained with them and have gone on to establish good businesses themselves. You will get great feedback on here about their courses.

Harmony products have only launched worlwide within the last year, and their distributors Harmony UK have only been up and running for 6 months (if that!). Of course as many have said they have the great advantage of having Georgie Smedly as a distributor who is a well known International Educator formerly with EzFlow and now with Harmony. I have no doubt their Courses willl be first class once they are rolled out across the UK.

As yet they haven't been though so no one here on SalonGeek has done any training with them....so how can you get feedback?
It's a bit like asking us to compare David to Goliath lol!!!

Hence why I say this thread is a bit unfair, and yet of course geeks have risen to this challenge and given you some great advice :) !!

Check out both of the actual Educators you would go to in these companies and their experience find out how many people will be in the class, and what the follow on training and support will be. Then make your decision. Good luck!

I can personally vouch for the excellent training/teaching skills and work of Georgie Smedley.I trained with Ezflow Gel with her and my daughter trained with Acrylic, where i was her model for the 4 days.
I wouldn't imagine you would get any less training than she used to do when she was with Ezflow.
I still want to do Acrylic myself and will eventually get around to it and would have no hesitation in training with her again or the Harmony brand which gets good reviews.It is more established as a brand in US and there is another forum site that has more info about the acrylic than on here and it comes highly recommended.

ha ha

it is Georgie Smedley from Ezflow. She is a really lovely lady and very good at what she does. But Im a CND girl and love everything about them.:)

I do know who Georgie Smedley is :green: But is she the ONLY Nail Harmony trainer???

Nail harmony now have a team of educators across the uk :)

Hi,

There is a facebook page for Nail Harmony UK - here is the link...

Hi becky I have recently done a course with Harmony and i have to say it was the most in depth course i have ever been on. Covere everything ossible and the training was Top Notch. Georgie is an amazing trainer and has selected trainers to bring harmony to other techs around the uk and i know the trainers are amazing and so lovely.

I myself am a Master Educator for Harmony and will be covering edinburgh to newcastle.

and theyre gel , Gellish, and acrylic are of such a high quality and are so workable. Easy to use and great feel. i have used nsi, cnd and a few others but i feel that harmony products are better and more comfortable to work with and customer services is the BEST.xx

I don't manage to get on to have a thorough search of the site anymore, so may not get to many threads, I tend to have a quick flick through on my phone mostly,
If I can help with ANYTHING nail related, please message me... I am here to help,:hug:

To the original question I agree.... give both a call and ask questions relating you your needs as a tech,
Even though we are in the same industry we have different needs.. some love the pampering side all candles and lovely smells etc... some of us love the sparkly blingy loud hustle and bustle side lol...
Check both out hun and take it from there .
Both companies are fabulous and have excellent reputations... even though nail harmony is new the people behind the brand have been VERY successful in the nail industry for a long loooonngggg time ( not saying they are old of course :wink2: :smack: )

So you will be in very safe hands x

EDITED my post for obvious reasons !

Last edited:
Nail Harmony has a great team of educators who will be providing a high standard of education which has been set by Georgie Smedley to her high standards.
I am one of these!:)
Each member of the team are comitted to providing a high standard of education. And once you have completed the course we want you to contact us not just if you have a problem but to let us know how you are doing.
The products have been made by a nail tech for nail techs.

It is a personal choice. Only you can decide.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO everybody !
I am one of the brand new nail harmony army educators !
If I haven't already met any of you, then I am very pleased to:green:
There are a few of us floating around the site now,
I don't manage to get on to have a thorough search of the site anymore, so may not get to many threads, I tend to have a quick flick through on my phone mostly,

BUT If I can help with ANYTHING nail related, please message me... I am here to help,:hug:

To the original question I agree.... give both a call and ask questions relating you your needs as a tech,
Even though we are in the same industry we have different needs.. some love the pampering side all candles and lovely smells etc... some of us love the sparkly blingy loud hustle and bustle side lol...
Check both out hun and take it from there .
Both companies are fabulous and have excellent reputations... even though nail harmony is new the people behind the brand have been VERY successful in the nail industry for a long loooonngggg time ( not saying they are old of course :wink2: :smack: )

So you will be in very safe hands x

That is just wonderful that you have become an educator ive always admired your work you are a fantastic tech and its great that you are passing on your skills and passion :hug:

mmmm being torn between cnd and nsi, I'm very interested in the sound of this. One question though, are courses availabe in or around Nottingham?

Latest posts

Back