"Having your nails done could increase the risk of cancer!"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just don't go to any bbq's wearing a set of nails...:eek:
Who knows what could happen!!
i tell you what i will not go to any BBQ's, sit in the sun, get my nails done.....all summer.......how great are my summer hols gonna be , hahaha!!...i may as well stay indoors with the curtains drawn, windows shut never step outside again

but.....by the time summer comes....

the mail will probably say that curtains are bad for you!

what will you do then? :)

:)

matbe reading the mail is bad for your eyesight ? lol

The Mail are notorious for this....that's another reason not to buy it tbh.
I develop a hatred for certain journalists who talk the talk but don't walk the walk ie. they really have no idea what the hell they are talking about....not just the mail many other tabloids too.
It would be fab to ACTUALLY talk to one of these journalists and show them REAL FACTS.
But they are not actually interested in facts...just gossip tbh aren't they?
FACT it sells papers...even though it's untrue.
Nothing ever changes there does it?

The Mail are notorious for this....that's another reason not to buy it tbh.
I develop a hatred for certain journalists who talk the talk but don't walk the walk ie. they really have no idea what the hell they are talking about....not just the mail many other tabloids too.
It would be fab to ACTUALLY talk to one of these journalists and show them REAL FACTS.
But they are not actually interested in facts...just gossip tbh aren't they?
FACT it sells papers...even though it's untrue.
Nothing ever changes there does it?

So true Judy, "if" they even wanted to talk to someone that knew what they they were talking about, they wouldn't be interested as it isn't causing any sensation! Quite sad really, they love to knock people, their professions and business. I for one will not be buying their paper ever.

So true Judy, "if" they even wanted to talk to someone that knew what they they were talking about, they wouldn't be interested as it isn't causing any sensation! Quite sad really, they love to knock people, their professions and business. I for one will not be buying their paper ever.

you are right there!!!!
yet you turn the page and they are bleeting on about the recession and the cutbacks within certain industries leading to their downfall blah blah!!!..... reporting 'stories' like this does nothing but scare people into thinking that getting ur nails done, by a reputable tech/salon with insurance of course, is detrimental to your health (without any proof whats so ever!!!) and our businesses..... As if things wernt difficult enough in this economic climate!!!

I find it quite hypocritical of the newspapers really.

Never heard such twaddle in my life!
Honestly can they not find something better to spend money on than these stupid studies!
The whole world has gone bonkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They'll be telling us that sex causes cancer next!
I think they want us all to stop doing anything that we enjoy :)

Well, i have left my two cents on the article, weather they post it is another matter, i think it is absolutely disgusting to write articles such as this one, our industry has suffered enough blows over the last few years and yet here we are again having to deal with numpty's reporting rubbish articles that could possibly put of potential clients:mad: I just think that some people are never happy unless they are scareing people, its very sad.
Jo.Xx

it seems they are only posting comments from people who know nothing!

a few say "the nails at the top are disgusting!" they only have tips on them! and yet they must think thats what "acrylic" nails loook like!

or "i hate long nails!" thats pointless! not discussing the article at all!

although i did notice the lovely jesse from this site (from nsi) got her comment published! :)

:)

So are the newspapers so desperate to fill their pages that they will print this rubbish and scare people unnecessarily!

The whole world has gone bonkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They'll be telling us that sex causes cancer next!
I think they want us all to stop doing anything that we enjoy :)

Now that would be a dark dark day :eek:

if everybody listened to all the reports produced over the years over various topics then we all wouldnt eat, sleep, drink, or leave our houses!!

the sad thing though is there are a few people who will listen to that article.

its nice how they mention nss salons with mma, but yet still have done nothing to stop them!!

I notice that none of the replies from the true professionals with all the training has not been put up online for anyone to read yet :rolleyes:

Yup, I just commented on this. Basically they print borderline lible articles, and let only the ill informed comment. Lord knows they don't want to come off as moronic to people (oops! too late!)

Well I googled uva and uvb rays for info. I like dealing with facts so I always look up scaremongering stuff.

UVA-UVB Sun Rays thought i'd share.

It mentions that UVA is a continuous strength of ray unlike UVB that is only strong in the summer.

It says we are exposed even though glass and that our hands and chest (womens) are continuously receiving UVA and that is ages our skin.

The two women with turmors on their hands have been exposed to UVA all their lives! if it were their butts that had 8 visits to the UVA lamp I would be scared, but we dont do butt extensions do we.

My father in law writes for the Sunday Times. Might ask him for some help correcting this statement!!

Gina xx

well they have published my reply...shock horror...but they have edited it...I did also write what GMG said ... "I say let each and every nail professional sue them for any loss of business that unsubstantiated article and headline caused!"....Mmmmm wonder why they didn't post that bit....

My reply is Angela Pole Leicester (just in case you thought i was one of the other twerps) :lol:

Just this morning i awoke to my morning news teams declaring tee totalers (non- drinkers ((shudders)) should beware, a tipple a day is great for bone density.. ahh i do love my morning shock dosage!

seriously, your damned if you do and ya damned if you don't.. Thank god some people are able to think logicaly for themselves or we would never get anything done!

I just noticed that the geek homepage has a massive cancer research advert on it - how apt!!

Gina xx

Latest posts

Back