Hopi Ear Candles.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it you don't believe it then Carl?

I have not looked into it, only gone by what I've heard.
I've just checked out your butt link - hillarious!:lol::Grope:

Bev, Give it a try and make up your own mind hun - everyone has different opinions so its best to just bite the bullet and see.

My son has very waxy ears to the point that he produces large, black, smelly lumps (yuck!!) I do candles on him every now and then and it helps. The wax isn't drawn up into the candle but the heat and oils produced by the candle stimulate the ear drum to push the wax out from the ear over the next few days.

I like them but I understand they are not for everyone :hug:

Hope all enjoyed the tongue in cheek fun we have had.

If you want to take a look at my blog all will be revealed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxYou geekies are just the best.:hug::hug:

Elaine x

I take it you don't believe it then Carl?

I have not looked into it, only gone by what I've heard.
I've just checked out your butt link - hillarious!:lol::Grope:

ADVANCE for Audiologists | Editorial
An experiment in ear candling
Ear Candling - TIME
Ear candling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
JimmerUK.com - Ear Whacks
Let's Snuff Out Ear Candling
NOW Magazine Online Edition: Jan 13 - 20, 2005
The Straight Dope: How do "ear candles" work?
Typical ear candling contents.jpg: Information and Much More from Answers.com
Why Ear Candling Is Not a Good Idea
relaxed.jpg

I'm trying to find some proof it works, but i'm having difficulty, can anyone help???????

Nailzoo I can only tell you what other people have told me and that is it has helped clear up their ear problems.

It is like all these holistic treatments they work for some but not for others the same as conventional medical treatments. My mum has parkinsons and it has taken 5 years to get the correct NHS treatment for her and in the meantime her health is going down the toilet. They say that now they can only maintain how she is but she will slowly get worse, if they had tried this treatment at the start and LISTENED TO WHAT SHE HAD TO SAY she would not be in the position she is in now. So I dont blame people for trying other methods to help with their problems they just need to be INFORMED and not TOLD that is it this or that, right or wrong, they have to make up their own minds and not be DICTATED to.

Trish :hug:

I really feel for genuine therapists who want to discuss this subject with their peers,instead of having to deal with everyone jumping on the bandwagon and making fun.

Point of veiws have been given,instead of keep coming back time and time again to take the pee,move on if you don't like it :rolleyes:

I really can't be bothered with repeating myself all over again. If anyone is interested in Hopi Ear Candles please check out this thread.

I'm just getting really fedup of the fact that we aren't able to discuss a treatment that a lot of people find helpful, enjoyable, relaxing and effective.

If anyone would would like any info, or to discuss Hopi treatments please do feel free to PM me.

Thanks
Mat

I really feel for genuine therapists who want to discuss this subject with their peers,instead of having to deal with everyone jumping on the bandwagon and making fun.

Point of veiws have been given,instead of keep coming back time and time again to take the pee,move on if you don't like it :rolleyes:

Couldnt agree more....seems that the title "proffessional" doesnt apply to everyone hey??

Right...for the sake of the mods and the people who DO want to discuss this topic, please can we all only post constructive posts on here.

If Ear Candles are not your thing for whatever reason...move onto another thread.

Thank You.

Right...for the sake of the mods and the people who DO want to discuss this topic, please can we all only post constructive posts on here.

If Ear Candles are not your thing for whatever reason...move onto another thread.

Thank You.

Just to draw a comparison, is that like supporting the use of 100 grits files for prep ? WE know it's wrong, we have the proof, the true professionals (or those that care) don't do it, yet some persist .....

Geeg mentions some things time and time again (the poor luv, repeating herself over and over), because it's what she believes in.

Yet I get bitched about and edited because I provide proof about Ear Candles,and repeat myself time and time again, (often my name is the only one being bitched about personally), i myself, rarely mention names, but apparently I am fair game for all that disagree, you readily include my name in threads and replies as if you have a right to be so familiar.

This site started off as THENAILGEEK and to be quite honest, sometimes it feels like the professionalism is being diluted.

I'm not the only one who has noticed

The literature and proof is in on Ear Candles, yet the profiteers continue to gain from the gullible (if a Nail Product were banned in certain countries, you'd listen), yet Ear Candles seem to be different. Why is this ?

Find me a link that proves the Candling process that isn't some bollocks from a supplier or distributor?

AS you may guess by now I am as strongly opposed to Ear Candling as I am to nail prep with a 100 grit file, or should I jump the fence merely for profit? (would you do it) ?

Many clients that have been prepped with a 100 grit file say their nails stick better, but does that make it a better procedure? (even Sam backed this comment up) .....

But is it good?, Is it professional ? Better still ....... do you care?

Last edited:
The difference is in the posting. The topic is Ear Candling ... not spelling ! Its getting to personal.

With the 100 grit threads the replies given where for the most educational and informative...not personal.

If you want to discuss this then fine...but keep to the topic.

clearly there seems to be millions across the globe who have experianced the benifits of using these devices despite the lack of scientific proof...

There are also numerouse opinions against it's use ..so a real melting pot of opinion and therefore a good healthy thread could well develope if we can focus on the topic.

Talking of which it would be intresting to hear of any constructive problems anyone has experianced using this product...just to bring a balanced view to the table.

I guess i am a profiteer then.Not that i do candles (on the paying public) as im not trained.

I do Reiki which is holding my hands over someone for about an hour they pay me for that.I charge more when i use aromatherapy oils in my massage because they are supposed to have added benefits.

My husbands learning reflexology at some point he will be charging people to touch their feet.

Holistic therapies often have no scientific proof.

There are many kinds of ear candles many are dangerous ,they are just cones of wax. I would like to know how many people who have been burnt etc by biosun ear candles which are the only ones we use.

Incidently the fact seems to have been missed that this thread was started as a joke to see how quickly it would be closed i think there was a bet on it.

I certainly had a good laugh yesterday finding odd things on the net about ear candling dogs and goats.

They may well be banned sometime in the near future. Although i am seeing them everywhere at the mo.Wholesalers and health shops.When that happens im sure we will all stop using them.

Nailzoo feel free to spell check me.

Just to draw a comparison, is that like supporting the use of 100 grits files for prep ? WE know it's wrong, we have the proof, the true professionals (or those that care) don't do it, yet some persist .....

Geeg mentions some things time and time again (the poor luv, repeating herself over and over), because it's what she believes in.

Yet I get bitched about and edited because I provide proof about Ear Candles,and repeat myself time and time again, (often my name is the only one being bitched about personally), i myself, rarely mention names, but apparently I am fair game for all that disagree, you readily include my name in threads and replies as if you have a right to be so familiar.

This site started off as THENAILGEEK and to be quite honest, sometimes it feels like the professionalism is being diluted.

The literature and proof is in on Ear Candles, yet the profiteers continue to gain from the gullible (if a Nail Product were banned in certain countries, you'd listen), yet Ear Candles seem to be different. Why is this ?

Find me a link that proves the Candling process that isn't some bollocks from a supplier or distributor?

AS you may guess by now I am as strongly opposed to Ear Candling as I am to nail prep with a 100 grit file, or should I jump the fence merely for profit? (would you do it) ?

Many clients that have been prepped with a 100 grit file say their nails stick better, but does that make it a better procedure? (even Sam backed this comment up) .....

Well er... no not anymore because this has been blown out of all context again hasn't it?

This thread AS YOU WILL ALL KNOW BY NOW was a windup, joke or whatever else you want to call lighthearted fun. (SEE IN MY BLOG)

I dont do nails so i don't reply to the 100 grit saga cos it just dont float my boat.
Maybe if ear candles fail to float your boat then why bother to reply???

However I DO ear candles for those who request it. I don't preach whether i believe in it or whether I dont that is left to my professional discretion.

This thread is nothing but a wind up, always was from the start, and probably still will be by the time it gets closed, and by just keep replying over and over again to the same old tune is just making you (and this is not aimed at anyone in partic) look like the wally.

If peeps cant take a joke or participate in light-hearted fun,without making themselves look even more like a wally by reporting the thread, and making snide remarks even when they know its A JOKE, then I am wondering why they even bothered to read it in the first place:eek:! why bother??

There are plenty of other thread to get one's teeth into after all.

Its history now, its time to channel energies into something a bit more, well shall we say serious!!!!

I am sorry if this offends but its not meant to.
If we are going to be opinionated then at least lets try and keep it friendly eh?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug::hug::hug:

I have got to say....i admire you for feeling as strong as you do about this.....you post constructively and when you don't agree...you get those people on ya !!...

BUT ...i can also see the other side....people really do this and feel strongly that it works....i have never heard of it so dint know NOTHING about it....just wanted to give everyone my point of view !!! :green::green::green:xxxx

:lol: ohh yeah The mods are just laughing their heads off at the amount of time we have spent deleting and editing posts, dealing with complaints and sending pm's....:lol:

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back