Hot wax or warm wax for Hollywood/brazilians?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe there are now strip waxes that can match hot wax we shouldnt be set in our ways and we shouldnt knock other therapists methods because i know there are excellent waxers in our industry who use strip wax for intimate waxing.
Its insulting to them to hear that what they are using is barbaric etc ...the real problem is that there are too many people wanting intimate waxing with too few people actually trained or experienced to do it.
With waxing or any treatments as therapists there should not be a my way or no way attitude its all very much personal.

Last edited:
I'm with Kim on this; no matter what the brand of wax. Hot wax all the way.

As I said earlier...months ago I would have said exactly the same so i cant blame your opinion. Until i tried the creme wax on an intimate area and it was surprisingly more comfortable i would have judged anyone even thinking about it.

Since then some extremely experienced waxers have tried it and each of them has been surprised at the ease and effectiveness of the wax, let alone client comfort!!! its a revelation to me and it is to everyone that experiences it!

Months ago I would have agreed and i wouldnt have even done a bikini wax with soft wax but it seems there is huge differences in the different waxes and the one i am using is amazing for not only the larger areas but also down to female intimate and as a therapist, trainer and client i wouldnt go back to hard wax for it......

There is areas that soft/creme was cant do as good but ..................

:hug:

out of interest which cream wax do you use? ive tried a few and am still not completely happy but i do prefer cream wax (the general feel and consistency if that makes sense). xx

Just to clarify, the reason that I don't like strip wax being used on intimate areas are because ALL strip waxes remove the top layer of skin , regardless of brand. It's only a fine layer and isn't visible at the time. Therefore, bad waxers will continue to go over the same area which results in the clients skin being torn etc.

Having said that, there are some amazing waxers on here who use strip wax with great results and hats off to them (you know who you are). However, there are far more bad waxers who don't understand the damage that can be done with strip wax.

Finally, 9 out of 10 cats can't be wrong. I hear the same comments daily from clients who had their Brazilians done for years with strip wax and they all say the same thing. They always thought that it was normal to be in pain for a couple of days afterwards. WRONG!!!! There should be no pain immediately afterwards.

So for me, the HOT WAX v STRIP WAX debate isn't just about what happens during the waxing session, it's afterwards too.

so as hot wax doesnt remove the top layer of skin, its safer to use, especially if you need to go over an area twice?

Any form of waxing will remove the top layer of skin,that's because the top layer of skin is made up of dead skin cells.If you rub your hand vigorously over your skin you will remove the top layer of dead skin cells.

Nobody should be in pain for a couple of days following any form of waxing.I have never had any of my clients in pain following any form of waxing done by myself.The only reason anyone should be in any pain following a waxing procedure (either by strip or non strip)is IF the therapist was inexperienced,bruised the skin,burnt the client,or the client had some form of allergy to the wax.

My cats all say the opposite so strip waxing on intimate areas MUST be the best then :lol:,seriosuly I dont slate either method,because I believe that as I have said a million times over,if you are competent,and happy and your clients are happy and NOT in pain then keep going with what you find suits you both best.:hug:,this always causes a big debate but I think it's unfair to say one method is better than the other when clearly this is not the case.Its definately down to the wax and the therapist.

Any form of waxing will remove the top layer of skin,that's because the top layer of skin is made up of dead skin cells.If you rub your hand vigorously over your skin you will remove the top layer of dead skin cells.

Nobody should be in pain for a couple of days following any form of waxing.I have never had any of my clients in pain following any form of waxing done by myself.The only reason anyone should be in any pain following a waxing procedure (either by strip or non strip)is IF the therapist was inexperienced,bruised the skin,burnt the client,or the client had some form of allergy to the wax.

My cats all say the opposite so strip waxing on intimate areas MUST be the best then :lol:,seriosuly I dont slate either method,because I believe that as I have said a million times over,if you are competent,and happy and your clients are happy and NOT in pain then keep going with what you find suits you both best.:hug:,this always causes a big debate but I think it's unfair to say one method is better than the other when clearly this is not the case.Its definately down to the wax and the therapist.

I'm with you 100% Babs!!!!

My cats all say the opposite so strip waxing on intimate areas MUST be the best then :lol:,seriously I dont slate either method,because I believe that as I have said a million times over,if you are competent,and happy and your clients are happy and NOT in pain then keep going with what you find suits you both best.:hug:,this always causes a big debate but I think it's unfair to say one method is better than the other when clearly this is not the case.Its definately down to the wax and the therapist.

This is one ginger cat that completely agrees with you :hug:

Most ...if not all problems clients may experience can be directly attributed to incorrect use of wax..strip or non strip.

It never ceases to amaze me how some folk make claims that "there method...is better than someone else's"...and yet they have never tried "someone else's" so cannot make a valid comparison.:irked:

I/we have used both methods :)....nothing wrong with using non strip...works a treat however we have found that with the right application,technique and product that using strip wax on female intimate areas is faster,more efficient and more comfortable for the customer...not with just one or two of them...but all of them :hug:

I'm with Kim on this; no matter what the brand of wax. Hot wax all the way.

I have been waxed by Lynne using hot wax and it is definately better. The mobile therapist who comes to my house uses warm wax, and it hurts on that intimate area :Scared:

Posted via Mobile Devicei use hot wax and warm wax in intimate areas i will not go over area with strip and only use strip on leg bikini line and top of bikini but i find using hot wax on the intimate areas is much better but i also like cream wax but not on intimate areas just bikini line but thats my opinion

Latest posts

Back