How much do you charge for a full set of nail extensions & why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much do you charge for a full set of nails & why?

• £0 - £10

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • £10 - £20

Votes: 39 8.2%
  • £20 - £30

Votes: 216 45.4%
  • £30 - £40

Votes: 165 34.7%
  • £40 +

Votes: 52 10.9%

• Total voters
I voted between £20 to £30 per set as that is what I intend to charge once I'm happy with the service I'm giving. I'm a beginner, newly qualified in October and so at the mo am charging £10 to cover costs and bit of time. Once I feel confident I intend to charge £25 for white tip and overlay (very popular where I live) up to £30 for pink and white/sculpt. I think I could possibly charge full price for white tips now but as most of my clients know I am still learning I'm increasing the cost every time they come which they are quite happy with. I'm slowly trying to convince them to move away from white tips as I don't like trying to backfill them! I find doing p&w much more satisfying.

At the salon we charge,

Tip & overlay £30
P&W OR glitter £35
Infill £16
Overlay £25
Repair £3

This is about standard pricing where i live,maybe slightly higher, but only slightly.

i set up a salon in my house.i thought i needed to be cheaper than salon prices to get me started so my prices start at £20 for a full set of tip and overlay.i charge extra for white tips,glitter etc....prices start at £25 in salons in my area and go up to nearly £50.yet im still not very busy.does anyone think my prices are to cheap.or are they about right? xxxxxx

Hiya

£35 natural or french
£40 colour acrylic

I'm opening a new salon my prices will be £40-£48

I use the whole shabang when it comes to nails (creative everythang an it aint cheap)

Jenx

Hi, I am new to all of this as I have just start up as a nail tech. I have noticed a couple of people that give away pinky solar oil. I have been on beauty for nails web site regarding there solar products, was you refering to the 3.7ml bottles?

Can you tell me how you surplier is to get the pinky solar oil. Hope this is not to creeky to ask.

Many thanks nicky

I get mine from Hyperion Group...they are the UK distributors for Creative. HTH x

Interesting thread!

It is also interesting that every answer has been "I charge ...... because I do" sort of thing.

I think it would be very interesting to know how you came to that figure?

Has it been arrived at by working out the cost of products + overheads per hour (e.g. rent, heating, lighting, VAT, income tax, council tax etc etc) + how much you need to earn per hour?

Or is is because it compares with others in the area (cheaper or more expensive?).

Or is it because it's just a nice figure.

Some prices don't seem to be enough to cover expenses let alone earn some money.

(BTW my first salon in Hertford in 1987 charged £35 for a full set. I think I'll keep quiet about how much my salon team charge now!!)

I charge £28 flat rate for a basic set of pink and whites, or french tips (very popular round my way!) Add on £2 for basic art (flicks and flowers and such, also very popular round here!) or £2 for diamantes. Glitter tips I charge from £32 depending. When I first put it at £32 I thought it would be too expensive, but they are realyy popular. 2 week infill £15. thats all l+p/gel/fg.

For P&W £40.00
For Tip with just clear £35.00

I basically rate myself as a nail tech and my clients are happy to pay it. Some people may think this is inexpensive or expensive, but I think that it does depend on the going rates in your area.

It's rare that you see nails between £15-20 in this area unless they are training prices.

Just a thought on this.....
...Looking at this thread again, its amazing how big the percentage of those who charge £20 to £30 for a full set.... 44.34%:eek: Shouldn't this be at least an infill price, or manicure/pedicure??

In second place with nearly 35% are those who charge £30 to £40, ok its better, but when you see only 11% charge £40+ thats worrying.

I charge £35 for tip & overlay natural, £40 for French. £19.50 for a rebalance, £25.50 for a backfill. Additional charges for replacements.
This is at the high end for my area but my clients are happy.

I work in Dublin and over the last years have 'been told' what to charge by my employers I dont think its justified completely but I am coming round to the price structure as I've been in this business for five years have completed soooo many training courses (bout €15ks worth) and and over half way through my teachers training certificate with NABTET, HABIA and City & Guilds.

Full set forever french €80
Rebalance €45
NNO €40

Personally in my own salon (if I had one) I would as Mum said work out what my overheads were, product cost and how much I am on per hour. The problem with just charging what next door does is you havent really understood sociologically what your client wants, needs or can afford.
€80 may be all well and good for ladies of leisure but would I ever visit myself?..........the answer is NEVER €80 for nails? It pushes this industry into the occasional wearer (only for my birthday or wedding) not helpful for building up a loyal client base. - I understand this is in Ireland but the same applies anywhere.
I am also worried that most of you undervalue your service so its a double edged sword!

Good Thread!
p.s
I think I'm worth about €65

I charge £35 for pink and white acrylic or gel, sculpt or tipped. Then £40 plus for colours and glitters.

A nss salon just opened a few shops up they are charging £25. One of my clients went and she came in to say sorry as they were a mess and would be back to me. (she only went cause she had no money)!!!!!

I charge £25 Natural, £30 White Tips & £35 for P&W.
Infills £18 & Rebalance £25

Oh I forgot why!

Because there is no way I would get anymore in the area I am in!

PLUS - And importantly, I honestly wouldn't pay more than what I charge for my nails either. I'm happy with the price and think I make a good return on it.

Sometimes (honestly speaking - please don't bite my head off). As much as skill and training goes into nails, (and I appreciate & understand etc being part of Creative myself etc etc) I think it sometimes seems like some people are just plain greedy with the amount they charge!

Oooohhh - I'm so embarrassed to have said it! lol

Oh I forgot why!

Because there is no way I would get anymore in the area I am in!

PLUS - And importantly, I honestly wouldn't pay more than what I charge for my nails either. I'm happy with the price and think I make a good return on it.

Sometimes (honestly speaking - please don't bite my head off). As much as skill and training goes into nails, (and I appreciate & understand etc being part of Creative myself etc etc) I think it sometimes seems like some people are just plain greedy with the amount they charge!

Oooohhh - I'm so embarrassed to have said it! lol

I can see where you're coming from!!

Although if someone wanted to give me £60 for a set I wouldn't say no!! Realistically in the area I work we are are at the higher end price wise & would have a far smaller client base if charging that amount.

I charge £35 fs £40+ for colour/glitter etc, deducting costs (rent/products etc) I reacon I'm earning £25. Theres tax etc but still after that I feel thaT I am earning a really good living, in a job that I love & chose my own hours!

A lot of training & dedication does indeed go into being a really good tech, but I know people who have degrees in nursing/education etc who work at far more physically & mentally challenging jobs than me for less money!

I feel lucky that I found this profession!

I've been doing nails in a salon for about 3 years now which is in quite a wealthy area and I charge 37 for a full set of l & P and 20 for infills/rebalance.
Occasionally people will call up asking for the price and obviously think it's too expensive as they don't book in, but then others are quite happy to pay that price. I do know other salons in the area that get away with charging 42-45 but I would feel that's too much to charge personally.

Basically I think you just charge what you can get away with! To some it will be affordable, others it won't be! And like some of you have already said it can often be a funny thing but if something is very cheap it can have the opposite effect and actually put people off - there is the old saying that "You only get what you pay for"!:lol:

hi guys i charge £25 for a full set L&p and gel ,for sculps i charge £30 ,infills from £15 depends on how many weeks they have left them,for natural tips £20,any nailart or glitter i would add £5 my prices are quite good ( im mobile )i should maybe charge more as really nobody where i stay does acrylic or gels ,the local salon just does manicures and pedicures with polish,but i have to be realistic too as im not living in hollywood and i think the prices i charge are affordable to everyone ,im getting my clients so im happy wae that :)

I charge £15 for full set & rebalance & at the moment i dont charge for breakages. I have only recently finished college , but i still dont feel confident enough to charge any higher ! I will when i feel the time is right . I dont advertise ( at the moment ) i have business cards which i give to clients who have up until now passed onto their friends.

People tell me all the time they are to cheap but im to scared im not good enough .

I charge £10-£20 depending on what service im doing ie tips £20, sculpture £10 as im still training and most my clients are mates. (poor them lol) If your still training like me then as long as you can cover your product costs then your not out of pocket. ( we all know that if your training your mates expect free nails) NOT happening I dont get free products.

Sorry about the rant but this well bugs me GRRRRRR:mad: lol x

Latest posts

Back