How much do you charge for a full set of nail extensions & why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much do you charge for a full set of nails & why?

• £0 - £10

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • £10 - £20

Votes: 39 8.2%
  • £20 - £30

Votes: 216 45.4%
  • £30 - £40

Votes: 165 34.7%
  • £40 +

Votes: 52 10.9%

• Total voters
i voted £0 - £10 because i've got another 6 weeks of training until i can call myself a nail tech, i've been doing full sets, infills and rebalances for £5 each while i'm training and because none of my friends or family can keep them on, they all lift or magically fall off!
the better i get at enhancements the more i'll put my price up, i don't cover my kit yet but i don't think i'm good enough yet, i'm slowly getting there.
x

Last edited:
Interesting reading everyones replies! - I'm £49 for a full set (tips or sculpted), £26 for infills. I'm mobile and worked out prices based on product costs, my time and, of course, horrid petrol costs. I also researched prices charged in my area before deciding. Have had to put my prices up for the first time this year, as petrol prices have shot up hugely here in sussex - so unfair!!
Not to be big headed but I put in 110% effort on every appointment and try to deliver more than my clients expect. Many of my client base have been with me for more than a couple of years. Most tried other techs or salons whilst I was on maternity leave (twice!) but they still came back, which I hope says something positive about my service.
Gosh, have waffled enough now, soz!

A lot of training & dedication does indeed go into being a really good tech, but I know people who have degrees in nursing/education etc who work at far more physically & mentally challenging jobs than me for less money!

I feel lucky that I found this profession!

Being a nail tech is flipping hard work! Simply sitting down for ten hours a day is physically taxing. I often come home with sore fingers from filing and buffing the skin down, sometimes drawing blood. My fingernails sometimes become compromised because of constant filing and buffing. Working with temperamental/picky clients, staying focused/concentrated on minute detail for hours on end, listening to people's problems, and telling the same stories to different clients all day every day for a week (or two!) is mentally challenging! Nail techs have to be in the zone, so to say, and present-minded all day, even if the actual "work" part is routine and second-nature. It's hard work--and VERY rewarding--and you should be paid accordingly, not just to cover your costs.

After recently attending a CND Masters class this past week, I've realized that one shouldn't be so concerned with competitors' prices. Apart from covering overhead, I personally think that one should take into account the value of your time, your company, your level of skill, and your dedication. (That's all I can think of right now...) You're worth it, dude!

That said, I think our salon charges too little, especially for the level of talent found here (I'm still learning, and getting better everyday; my sister is ridiculously talented!):
$40 Full Set P&W L/P
$30 Fill P&W
$30 Full Set
$20 Fill

Just my humble opinion.

I charge
£41 for natural tip & overlay any system (includes gel glaze)
£47 for p&w/glitter/coloured acrylic (with six pound for each extra colour/glitter)
£29 for bio nno
£25 for infills
£31 for rebalance
£3.50 per repair if done at time of other service, £5 otherwise

I base my prices on covering all costs and making £25 per hour.

Hi everyone,
I charge £25 for a full set , £17.50 for a 2 week rebalence and £19.50 for a 3 week rebalence. I charge that as thats the price in the salon I work in part time charges and I think if people are willing to pay that in the salon then they will pay it when i do moblie. Dannie x

Hi, I am only charging £15 for a full set and £7 for infills at the moment, but that's because I only qualified in Jan, and obviously not "experienced" so to speak. But next year I will put my prices up! :green: xxx

I can't answer in pounds/euro's or whatever, because it's different in Canada.

But I charge 35$ for a new set. 20 for an infill, 25 to rebalance.
I add on 5$ for a french. 2$ per broken nail with service, 5$ without. 10$ for removal.
I'm in the ballpark of other places locally, and for some things, I'm costlier than the NSS (like the full set).

My prices went up in February for the first time since I opened my doors.
I finally started charging for my art. NOt as much as I should, but it works for me. People see the art, and want to know where so-n-so got their nails done and next you know, my phone is ringing. So, it's advertising for me.

I work/live in a rinky dink town over run by NSS, from my own home. My overhead is less than if I worked in a salon, but I'm using awesome gel and other quality products that the other places don't offer.

I think I'm worth more, but only recently raised my prices for the first time in February. Slowly but surely. They'll go up.

I charge $35.00 for Backscratcher w/tips, $45.00 for full acrylics, $50.00 for full acrylics & tips, $20.00 for fills (2 weeks) and $3 for a repair.

We charge £40 for a full set of acrylic sculpts. Very few clients pay this as we encourage them to have glitter acrylics/ embedded nail art/ FINISH gel overlay which all adds up. £24 for refills and £29 backfills.
Hope this helps. By the way we are the most expensive in our area, but our clients get what they pay for!:)We have a bright, clean modern salon and we constantly keep up to date with training so we're the first to use new products. Also I'm very fortunate because my staff are very talented and enthusiatic! x

£38.00 extensions (Calgel or Brisa)
£28.00 nno (Calgel)

I only do Calgel as have not done Brisa training - YET!

My salong charge £92 for full set p&w and £72 for infill. :eek: Norway is an expencive country.

Crikey I'm gonna commute to Norway!!!:eek:

Just thought some of you ladies might find this link handy in this thread Its a currency convertor.
Cheers

Currency Calculator

I work in a nail bar and am self employed, I use le chat system and charge £28 for a full set of extensions, and £16 for a rebalance which includes 2 repairs. I charge £20 for natural nail overlays. Glitter tips or encapsulation is an extra £5 per set. I am based near Norwich, and prices vary from £25 - £40 a set in my area.

Hey I've been doing nails for 5 years and i charge £25.00 for a full set of Star Nails Silk or Fusion Acrylic, Im not based in a city, just a smallish town so cant really charge more and always fully booked, most places around me charge around 25 - 30

Good thread, makes you think.....I am only just starting out and have a few ladies wanting l&p white tips....I said to one lady I would charge £10 but now I'm thinking that's too cheap?....as you say, if they see it so cheap they wont look after them properly and they will know I'm an amateur!!...so do you think £15 is more appropriate, do I tell them Ive not long qualified?....your replies would be most appreciated...thanks x:)

Good thread, makes you think.....I am only just starting out and have a few ladies wanting l&p white tips....I said to one lady I would charge £10 but now I'm thinking that's too cheap?....as you say, if they see it so cheap they wont look after them properly and they will know I'm an amateur!!...so do you think £15 is more appropriate, do I tell them Ive not long qualified?....your replies would be most appreciated...thanks x:)

Bumping Up......no one replied....:sad:

I charge £30 for natural and £35 for P & W, £25 for full P & W rebalance and £18 for pink rebalance, its about the going rate and most local salons use cheaper products, I work from home and use CND and am dabbling with Nobility Gel as an option for some customers.

I charge NZ$45.00, the rough equivilant of about 18BP for L&P tips, sculpts, french. Qualified but not very experienced and working from home. Come on Kiwi's how about adding your prices??

I charge £30 for full set of french and 28.00 for natural and £15.00 for infill.
Sam x

Latest posts

Back