How old were you when you started in the nail/beauty industry?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how old were you when you took your first course?

• under 20

Votes: 35 21.6%
  • 21-25

Votes: 30 18.5%
  • 26-30

Votes: 24 14.8%
  • 31-35

Votes: 34 21.0%
  • 36-40

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • 40+

Votes: 19 11.7%

• Total voters
HEY there all,
I found the older I get the hipper I get.After doing my course I notice all the young girls are coming from my local area to get all the glitter on the fingers.I feel 20 again:lol:

I began when I was seventeen and have been doing this since 1987. When I became licensed, you had to attend 150 hours of school to be able to qualify for the state board test. Now the hours are 600. So it has been really interesting to read about how techs in different countries qualify to work. We now have continuing education courses that must be completed to renew your license. Four hours sanitation, eight hours coursework in our field. This is every 2 years. Does the UK have this too? just curious.:green:

i was old.........................................................40

i was 39 when i started my course.........and finished at aged 41:)

I've been working as a make up artist since 19 years old and i joint the nail industry 1 year ago (27)

I am Now 35 so just sneaked in under the radar :)

Took my wax and tanning courses at the beginning of this month and my Creative Foundation course is booked for the end of August :)

I am Now 35 so just sneaked in under the radar :)

Took my wax and tanning courses at the beginning of this month and my Creative Foundation course is booked for the end of August :)

Good for you!! I loved my CND foundation course! :)

I got fed up with my day job, but would not leave totally, so trained in beauty and nails from the age of 35 , i am 37 now:hug:

I was 22 when I started my NVQ L2 in Make-up and then went onto NVQ2 Beauty and so on-im now on a degree in Spa Management...All this because i was sat at home on maternity leave:p ive never looked back:)

At 26 I was a skincare consultant for a company that originated in America then Australia before it cam to Euroope. I started off by hosting workshops in my home then I built a team of 8, went to lots of training and most espicially had fun fun fun.

36 for me , wish Id started as soon as I left school 25 years ago though.

Latest posts

Back