Hyperion - is it closed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not having a dig but a bit of 'advance notice' this was going to happen may not have caused so much panic, jmho

Hey all,

Mrs Geek and I are still on Vacation (if only in body!) for a couple more days. We have been watching this thread and the site since we recieved news of what happened.

Let me just say to all of you: I am moved by such positive support for ANY supplier in a situation like this, especially when it can have such an impact on your business.

I am sure that more information will be given when it becomes availible. I can say though that CND is working very hard at resolving the issue ASAP. In the meantime, know that CND sotck in the UK and Ireland is availible at Essex, Ireland, Milton Keynes and Ellisions.

And though I understand why, I have to point out that I have to delete some of the posts in this thread as they violate our spamming policy. Especially when repeated over and over.

Thanks again. Geeks can be quite an inspiring bunch :)

Hey all,

Mrs Geek and I are still on Vacation (if only in body!) for a couple more days. We have been watching this thread and the site since we recieved news of what happened.

Let me just say to all of you: I am moved by such positive support for ANY supplier in a situation like this, especially when it can have such an impact on your business.

I am sure that more information will be given when it becomes availible. I can say though that CND is working very hard at resolving the issue ASAP. In the meantime, know that CND sotck in the UK and Ireland is availible at Essex, Ireland, Milton Keynes and Ellisions.

And though I understand why, I have to point out that I have to delete some of the posts in this thread as they violate our spamming policy. Especially when repeated over and over.

Thanks again. Geeks can be quite an inspiring bunch :)

Thanks for letting us know about Creative, but it would be great if we could have an update on Academie to ?

Ive had to cancel two facials on Saturday and offer them at half price for next week as I don't have the products I need to do the treatment (thats assuming they are in stock) :irked: its quite embarrasing for me to explain to clients about the situation as im unable to tell them WHY I can't order any stock.

I agree with you Minkus, the least they could have done was to notify their valued customers, afterall, they're the heart of their business. I can tell you that if this happened to my suppliers I'd look elsewhere (perhaps even consider other lines) and NEVER look back! You simply need to do what you need to do. On their part, this is very poor business and yes it will likely cost them in the long run. I'd be :irked: too!!

i had a flyer from 'another supplier today'...it reads/i quote......in big massive RED writing

is your current nail products supplier letting you and your customers down?????????????????????????? are you fed up with waiting for products on back order? dont sit frustrated and put up with this any longer, you deserve better ..blah blah..

im not sure on the why's and wherefores but surely lots of business is being lost:cry:

Hope this can get sorted ONCE and for all !

Amb xx

What a negative way to sell products - you'd only ever see CND marketing their products on merit and reputation.

This is one of the reasons why we need to hang in there and appreciate that this brand is so strong and so well loved that it's one of the very few that will overcome this temporary stock situation successfully.

It's funny - I was thinking of all the ways we love CND. All the ways, that no matter what, we'd stay loyal to it. For nails, it's durable and tough, but I've learned through this, that the brand itself is durable and tough - we will all have our covalent bonding back soon enough.

Here's a cheers to CND and how much we love it - and how much we moan about it when we can't get it - now that's passion we should be celebrating.

I'm looking forward to The New Creative x

If people are in need of stock maybe we can help each other for a while. Why not start a new thread called stock needed and post what you need and other geeks can reply to you or pm you with help.

Makes for good relations between us lot and helps us all out over a dodgy period. x

I for one have already done this and passed stock I had and no longer use for to another Geek near my home town.

It is of better use to her than sitting in my locker doing nothing so if anyone out there has excess I think it is a good chance to show no matter which company we are with we are all here to help each other.

Regards
Tracey:hug:

what a gem tracey. good on ya!!:)

Just for clarity does this affect training courses at all? I'm midway through my Masters at Salisbury.....
Just a little update for peeps
I received a letter today signed from Samantha Sweet

Dear Louise
Due to unforeseen circumstances your class booking on the 6th of August has been cancelled, we will contact you next week to re-arrange.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I don't have anything bad or good to say about this,
i will let you all know what happens next week :hug:

I agree with you Minkus, the least they could have done was to notify their valued customers, afterall, they're the heart of their business. I can tell you that if this happened to my suppliers I'd look elsewhere (perhaps even consider other lines) and NEVER look back! You simply need to do what you need to do. On their part, this is very poor business and yes it will likely cost them in the long run. I'd be :irked: too!!

Maybe they wasnt aware hat it was going to happen. Problems happen in business all the time but we know its not good but it doesnt ahve to be a disaster.

Have started a new thread in regards to stock.

thanks scatty!!! glad to see someone has as bad typing as me!!! must be the nails. lol:lol:

Ah apologies ive got hiccups but i am known for my bed spelling i forget to use the spellchecker all the time lol x

thanks scatty!!! glad to see someone has as bad typing as me!!! must be the nails. lol:lol:

If Not the nails the a combination of the nails and the WINE:lol::green:

Ah you found my guilty secret lol x

Hey all,

:)

As Samantha is still on holiday, I am sure this would have been a pro forma letter sent out from the Hyperion Group Education Dept. Samantha being the head of Creative Education her name would automatically be on it.
I don't doubt that it is an inconvenience to you to have your course cancelled, but at least there has been some advance notice for you, and it is going to be re arranged.

I feel so sorry for Sam and Samantha, of on holiday after the year they've had, don't know if geeks remember but last year they had the problem with stock because the production moved in the USA and that end seriously under estimated how much stock we would want here is the UK then the were house here was robbed. Both times Sam, Samantha and the rest of the team rallied, we had beauty shows to be stocked and some how the stock was there the re naming of the group, the master classes, someone trying to put a virus onto the server for this site:irked: and no doubt Sam and Samantha have a personal life to:lol: Then the new master classes that have been mentioned in Scratch this month and they finally take a holiday only to have the latest snag hit, honestly peeps its my business to be able to get new products, and we can get new products, from more then one supplier, for the rest, would you tell your customers why you were closing for 2 weeks? I wouldn't:eek: There are several more things I could add but ladies and gentlemen please! We are talking about a multi national business, with a top quality world renound brand. Its not like theres only one tolet roll left in the county:rolleyes:
By the way great thread

It's great to see all geeks pulling together through this little hiccup (not Lucias hiccup lol) and good luck to Samantha and Samuel with all the new stuff that will be coming soon.

Just a little update for peeps
I received a letter today signed from Samantha Sweet

Dear Louise
Due to unforeseen circumstances your class booking on the 6th of August has been cancelled, we will contact you next week to re-arrange.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I don't have anything bad or good to say about this, mainly because i am speechless,
i will let you all know what happens next week :hug:

well I think that shows that Hyperion HAVE kept their customers informed.
xx

I dont think Hyperion have kept their customers informed but then again unfortunately no business would be able to in their situation. I have heard they have gone into receivership which is very, very sad news if its true........

However, CND is a giant!! and as we speak some bright sparks will probably be sorting out who's going to take CND forward in the UK. After all its only the current distributor that is in trouble not CND themselves. This will be a blip eventually. Not sure if I will still be Creative by then but I'm sure many geeks will stay loyal.

I know everyone on this site hates geeks to speculate but we are in chit chat so for what its worth my money is on a new distributor (maybe sugar shaped????) taking over within the next few weeks.

I dont think they have kept their customers informed but then again unfortunately no business would be able to in their situation. I have heard they have gone into receivership which is very, very sad news if its true........

However, CND is a giant!! and as we speak some bright sparks will probably be sorting out who's going to take CND forward in the UK. After all its only the current distributor that is in trouble not CND themselves. This will be a blip eventually. Not sure if I will still be Creative by then but I'm sure many geeks will stay loyal.

I know everyone on this site hates geeks to speculate but we are in chit chat so for what its worth my money is on a new distributor (maybe sugar shaped????) taking over within the next few weeks.

Please don't make such remarks, this is only gossip and is most likely totally untrue. We have had Mr & Mrs Geek on this thread both telling us that that things are being sorted, and I do believe the message from Leeds has been that they will be open again on Aug 6th, we have also heard from other OSNS saying that they will be opening again soon. So lets not make wild assumptions hey!!!

I feel so sorry for Sam and Samantha, of on holiday after the year they've had, don't know if geeks remember but last year they had the problem with stock because the production moved in the USA and that end seriously under estimated how much stock we would want here is the UK then the were house here was robbed. Both times Sam, Samantha and the rest of the team rallied, we had beauty shows to be stocked and some how the stock was there the re naming of the group, the master classes, someone trying to put a virus onto the server for this site:irked: and no doubt Sam and Samantha have a personal life to:lol: Then the new master classes that have been mentioned in Scratch this month and they finally take a holiday only to have the latest snag hit, honestly peeps its my business to be able to get new products, and we can get new products, from more then one supplier, for the rest, would you tell your customers why you were closing for 2 weeks? I wouldn't:eek: There are several more things I could add but ladies and gentlemen please! We are talking about a multi national business, with a top quality world renound brand. Its not like theres only one tolet roll left in the county:rolleyes:
By the way great thread

hear hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back