I am a Yankee candle addict

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got two more Yankee candles for Christmas. I love Baby Powder it's my new favourite! X

I buy the tarts. My fave at the moment is fluffy towels. 💜

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I bought some Yankee candles & holders as Christmas gifts & thought I'd get a candle holder & some candles for myself to see what all the fuss is about.

I don't think the tea lights give off enough smell to fill my living room and it's not noticeable when I burn them, the samplers are much stronger and some of the stronger smelling ones are wonderful but I still want more scent so I've ordered myself an electric burner & 10 different tarts as someone said the tarts are even stronger than the samplers/votives.

I have never been a big candle person but do love how wonderfully effective the stronger ones are at keeping the room smelling nice. I've gone through so many sampler candles over the run up to Christmas and the new year it's shocking and my other half thinks I'm mad (he doesn't know about the electric burner & tarts I've ordered yet either).

I might need to chill out a bit on how often I burn them or I'll be skint in no time at all :eek:.

I bought some Yankee candles & holders as Christmas gifts & thought I'd get a candle holder & some candles for myself to see what all the fuss is about.

I don't think the tea lights give off enough smell to fill my living room and it's not noticeable when I burn them, the samplers are much stronger and some of the stronger smelling ones are wonderful but I still want more scent so I've ordered myself an electric burner & 10 different tarts as someone said the tarts are even stronger than the samplers/votives.

I have never been a big candle person but do love how wonderfully effective the stronger ones are at keeping the room smelling nice. I've gone through so many sampler candles over the run up to Christmas and the new year it's shocking and my other half thinks I'm mad (he doesn't know about the electric burner & tarts I've ordered yet either).

I might need to chill out a bit on how often I burn them or I'll be skint in no time at all :eek:.

Baggybear the tarts are so much stronger imo and it is a good way of trying out the different scents at a fraction of the price of a large jar.

Then I tend to buy a large jar of the tarts that Iv tried and really liked.

X.

Ahh thanks Vicky X it's good to know the tarts are stronger smelling, as I've bought an electric tart burner now I will be sticking to the tarts. With the 4 kids & a cat running about it's going to be safer too :wink2:.

Just going to cost a fortune trying all the different smells out to find my favourites.

Ahh thanks Vicky X it's good to know the tarts are stronger smelling, as I've bought an electric tart burner now I will be sticking to the tarts. With the 4 kids & a cat running about it's going to be safer too :wink2:.

Just going to cost a fortune trying all the different smells out to find my favourites.

I've never heard of the electric burner? It's such a pain replacing tealights all the time! Was it expensive?

Absolutely love the tarts and have loads of new favorites!

Last edited:

I never use a full tart in my Yankee burner. I only put 1/4 of a tart in and the fragrance is really strong.

The tarts come out easily once hardened so you can just swap them over x

Well if there's a certain type of smell you prefer you can buy the tarts in assortment packs of 10 eg fruity, floral, fresh, spice, and I think there's a food one. So eg there will be 10 different "fruity" tarts etc in a pack of ten.

X.

This was the one that I saw and it made me look into the electric burners more but I didn't buy it because it's Santa and I wanted to be able to use it all year round.
Yankee Candle Santa Electric Tart Burner UK Plug | eBay

In the end I bought this one for just £17.99 because it will fit in all year round, it was a good price from Yankee Direct and it said it was suitable for use with the Yankee tarts:
Woodwick Oceanic Electric Melt Burner - Perfect for Yankee Candle Wax Tarts | eBay

Oh that looks lovely, spent so much money on wax tarts and jars over christmas i better wait for a bit!

Well if there's a certain type of smell you prefer you can buy the tarts in assortment packs of 10 eg fruity, floral, fresh, spice, and I think there's a food one. So eg there will be 10 different "fruity" tarts etc in a pack of ten.

X.
Not knowing which type of scent I'm going to like most I'll end up trying everything but I have ordered a set of 10 'Fresh' ones to start. I've enjoyed Christmas Memories, Mandarin Cranberry, Snow in Love & Christmas Eve but Cinnamon Stick & Snowflake Cookie have been my favourites so far (they are very Christmassy smells after all). I still have Clean Cotton & Sugared Spice to try before my 'Fresh' tarts arrive.

I haven't been happy with the last Yankee candles I've had.They now seem to be everywhere even boots,and b and q.I now find them very smokey and the smell does not seem to last I'm sure quality is not the same as it was.Id sooner buy the air wick ones.

I haven't been happy with the last Yankee candles I've had.They now seem to be everywhere even boots,and b and q.I now find them very smokey and the smell does not seem to last I'm sure quality is not the same as it was.Id sooner buy the air wick ones.

I thought the same! Recently they don't smell very much even when burned for along time. I'm quite disappointed. Think I'm going to stick with my tart burner from now on x

I recently bought an electric oil/ tart burner from eBay for about £12, so that I don't need to keep buying tea lights.
( it's not specifically for Yankee Candle brand)
I put it on a timer in my salon and love how the place smells amazing when I first walk in the door in the morning.
I'm burning Christmas wreath just now, but I love beach walk and moonlight stroll in the summer months

This is my electric burner that I got for Christmas :) I love it!

I love the fact it has a little light inside to make it look like it has a tea light in. Also reminds me it's still on lol.

The smell is so strong. I'm currently burning cherry vanilla i think it's called xxx

Attachments

• 1420548593280.jpg
    1420548593280.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 111
This is my electric burner that I got for Christmas :) I love it!

I love the fact it has a little light inside to make it look like it has a tea light in. Also reminds me it's still on lol.

The smell is so strong. I'm currently burning cherry vanilla i think it's called xxx

That is the cutest thing ever!

My electric tart warmer arrived today with my set of 10 fresh tarts & OMG I am totally in love with my warmer it looks so pretty and then you turn it on and it's even prettier. :Love:

Tartburneroff_zps5c2325a1.jpg

Tartburneron_zps5c6b4975.jpg

I put a Turquoise Sky tart in and it's a beautiful smell & soo much stronger than the Yankee candles and I had to turn the warmer off after about half an hour as the smell was getting too much for me :eek:.

Can't wait to try out my other tarts, the 10 I had were Turquoise Sky, Fluffy Towels, Baby Powder, Pink Sands, Under the Palms, Lake Sunset, Clean Cotton, Soft Blanket, Black Coconut & Lemon Lavender.

Last edited:

They are smokey if you don't cut the wick down 😯

Total addict here. I also go for the tarts. Had all the lovely cinnamon and winter smells before/over Xmas. We have a massive garden centre down the road that sells all of them. At the moment I have "a child's wish" in my oil burner. It's kind of fruity and fresh. May have to nip down the road to feed my addiction tomorrow see if they have any new ones out! Yum! Xxx

They are smokey if you don't cut the wick down 😯

Good point Marion, just last night the smoke alarms in my house went off, it was the Yankee Candle 😳

Latest posts

Back