I am a Yankee candle addict

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so dim moment here..... if using the tart warmer (electric one) how do you clean it out when changing tarts? Or don't you? Do you just leave it to totally burn away?

Also, I have a few samplers that I love but there's always quite a bit of waste due to the wick running out. Can I chop the wax up from them and pop in the tart warmer or is it different stuff?

Man I feel dumb hahaha xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok so dim moment here..... if using the tart warmer (electric one) how do you clean it out when changing tarts? Or don't you? Do you just leave it to totally burn away?

Also, I have a few samplers that I love but there's always quite a bit of waste due to the wick running out. Can I chop the wax up from them and pop in the tart warmer or is it different stuff?

Same as the other ones just lift it out with a knife or I melt it very slightly and tip them up side down. I would think it would be different but you could try haha xx

I used to work in a shop that sold Yankee. The best way to clean the electric warmers is to put it in the fridge for half hour, the wax shrinks slightly with the cold and using a knife (not sharp) you can prise the whole melted disc out in one. Dry any damp off the plug before plugging in and wipe off any residue wax. So much easier xx

Sent from my D6503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to work in a shop that sold Yankee. The best way to clean the electric warmers is to put it in the fridge for half hour, the wax shrinks slightly with the cold and using a knife (not sharp) you can prise the whole melted disc out in one. Dry any damp off the plug before plugging in and wipe off any residue wax. So much easier xx

Great thanks :)

Do you know if the candle wax can be chopped up and used in the warmers? X

I can't see why not, the tarts have more concentrated fragrance though x

They advise you not to get the wax tarts out this way anymore, because as I found out it breaks the glass after a while.

The best way is to put a lit tea light in the burner and after about 30 seconds the wax should slide out x

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

if you guys like Yankee candles you should try out Scentsy burners, I bought a burner for £30 from one of my clients with the wax oil for around £5 a pack which you get about 5 uses out (I change mine once a week) and it fills the whole salon with a gorgeous freshly washed cotton smell although there's hundred of scents! she also does discounts if you order multiple scents. if anyone wants her website give me a message :)

For anyone in the NorthWest there is a YC outlet at Cheshire Oaks; the best bargains seemed to be jar candles with lids, 3.7 ozs, for £2.40.

I got a clean cotton Yankee candle the other day cant smell anything when its burning! :(

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I got a clean cotton Yankee candle the other day cant smell anything when its burning! :(

I bought the sampler one of this the other day, it hasn't arrived in the post yet but I'm already disappointed. :(

I bought the sampler one of this the other day, it hasn't arrived in the post yet but I'm already disappointed. :(

Mine was a sampler I also got a apple wreath sampler wich is lit now I cant smell that either!! Dunno wether its just me but I wont spending 20quid on the big ones if I cant smell anything :/

Mine was a sampler I also got a apple wreath sampler wich is lit now I cant smell that either!! Dunno wether its just me but I wont spending 20quid on the big ones if I cant smell anything :/

Well when my one arrives tomorrow I'll let you know if it's just you or it's generally not a very strong smell. X

Okay the cotton one - meh but salted caramel OMG. I'm in love!

My absolute favorite is french lavender! I put a new melt in tonight between that and the 3 loads of washing hanging up to dry my house smells amazing!! X

I'm a Clean Cotton lover but I discovered Vanilla Chai on Friday and have burnt it at every opportunity since, so it's nearly gone. It was the only one in the shop too.

Fireside treats and Christmas cookie are my favourites!
I love the wax melts too always burning them ☺ x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s5 using SalonGeek mobile app

My two favourite Christmassy ones atm are Sugared Apple and Christmas Cookie but I think my all time favourite is a limited edition Melon and Lime one. It smells GORGEOUS!

X.

I have recently purchased snowflake cookie, its amazinggggggg

I have a slight yankee obsession I think, for few years now. I've made my friends and family love them too! I've had so many for christmas this year I don't know which one to start! at the moment I have pine needle going... mmmm!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1420144877.096323.jpgHeres all mine burning! I had them all for Christmas! Also had the black cherry car air freshener they all smell lovely! X

Latest posts

Back