I need to know the absolute Best Topcoat! My favorite is being discontinued.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my word I cant belive arguments have started over a simlpe question, we all have our favorites and we're all gonna say they are the best although some peeps may be more passionate about it than others !

But I don't have a problem! My point was in answer to Geeg's comment that Creative polishes, unlike most others, are immune to discolouring from intense UV light. I was asking that if this was the case then why would they make a CND top-coat advertised as containing UV filters to prevent discolouring. I suspect the reason why Geeg has never seen any yellowing in her clients is not due to the polish being immune from UV damage but because like any professional she has "never done a polish without using a top coat" (to quote her earlier post).

At no point did I comment on the efficiency of any brand's top-coat. I'm 100% sure the majority of brands boasting UV filters do what they say on the tin & as far as I can see the OP didn't even mention which polish brand she uses, only those top coats she didn't like. My question was why put UV filters in a top-coat to prevent yellowing if UV doesn't cause yellowing. Hope this clarifies my post & prevents further misunderstanding.

Oooooh , yes, I did misunderstand what you wrote. My bad, sorry.:hug:
That's how it is with text chat sometimes... we lose tone and facial expressions...

Oooooh , yes, I did misunderstand what you wrote. My bad, sorry.:hug:
That's how it is with text chat sometimes... we lose tone and facial expressions...

That's OK, it's often harder to convey things by written communication as opposed to verbally with all its tonal nuances, but at least we've been able to sort it out!!!:)

Please change your post title from 'I want to know the absolute best topcoat' as You really do not want to know which one is the best as you has discredited some major companies!
I use INM's Out The Door and love it, I also have been using Airdry for most of the year and this is incredible. I buy the big bottles and can hoenstly say that there is little difference from first to last drop.
I have all the CND tops and bases and find little difference between them all as they are Fab. My clients love Super Shiney and INM's OTD.
Personally I believe that the only way to get perfect non chip nails is to use the best products, applied in the right way and to sit still!

Also the foundation is the key............ but thats another discussion!

I use OPI rapidry top coat and love it....x

First I would like to address "Red Admiral" about your comment.
It seems as if you are looking to start an argument with me. I don't think that my original post was offensive at all. (i now need to find a replacement. I don't like Seche,Out the Door, Poshe,CND) What is so wrong with what I said? All I am looking for is some new suggestions for a topcoat that keeps polish on all week just like the one that I was using. I do appreciate everyone elses warm and helpful responses. By no means was I looking to insult anyone who uses the products that I mentioned. I understand that many people use and like the products mentioned. But, not everyone has to like them either. I don't like you insinuating that I am not doing performing my services properly and that is why my topcoat is not working well.This board is meant to help eachother not insult or try to hurt feelings. So,I apologize to you if you took my post the wrong way and it would be nice if you could do the same to me. This is my first time on here and I already feel unwelcomed. Should I change my username now?

I am EzFlow trained but I love CND Super Shiney top coat. Always get great comments on its durability and sleek shiny result.

Thanks sknight. I think I will try CND Shiny on one hand and OPI on the other hand.

Don't feel bad hun, noone is dissing you or the way you perform your services.:hug:

Maybe an idea for you would go out and buy small sizes of each topcoat you would like to try out? And I don't know how long ago it was you decided no on those brands you mentioned, but if it's a very long time ago, formulas might have changed, or your routine has, so they suit you better now:)

Good luck

Don't feel bad hun, noone is dissing you or the way you perform your services.:hug:

Maybe an idea for you would go out and buy small sizes of each topcoat you would like to try out? And I don't know how long ago it was you decided no on those brands you mentioned, but if it's a very long time ago, formulas might have changed, or your routine has, so they suit you better now:)

Good luck

Certainly in the case of CND all the formulas have changed and for one thing, they are all 3 FREE!! Yay.

To Sillysoup I would say try the CND Air Dry as well ... I find it tremendously hard wearing and I'm sure you will too. :hug:

Certainly in the case of CND all the formulas have changed and for one thing, they are all 3 FREE!! Yay.

To Sillysoup I would say try the CND Air Dry as well ... I find it tremendously hard wearing and I'm sure you will too. :hug:

So have the CND top and base formulas changed as well? Is it for the 3 free or other changes/improvements?

I am a big user of the CND bases/tops so will be interesting to hear what changes there are. CND bases/tops beat all the others I have tried by miles.

So have the CND top and base formulas changed as well? Is it for the 3 free or other changes/improvements?

I am a big user of the CND bases/tops so will be interesting to hear what changes there are. CND bases/tops beat all the others I have tried by miles.
Everything is 3 FREE ... and everything is new and improved (and I didn't think it was possible to improve them as they suited my clients and me perfectly).

OPI UV SEAL...My personal fav! One minute under the uv lamp and they are out the door! :)

Hello,
This is my first post on this board. I have been using a product called "Mystic Nail Topcoat" for 23 years. I have heard through the grapevine that it is no longer being made. I am devistated and i now need to find a replacement. I don't like Seche,Out the Door, Poshe,CND.
So, what is left? I found a bottle of Sparitual quick dry topcoat and used it on one hand and OPI topcoat on the other. Has anyone used either one? My Mystic Nail was like cement. I tried to contact the company numerous times and no repsonse. So aggrivating! I know that a few people have already asked what is your favorite topcoat but I figured maybe someone has recently discovered the greatest one yet.
Thank you so much
Well Sillysoup, I too have just joined this site. My favorite topcoat is Diamond Dry. It is now being sold at Sally's which I used to have to special order. It never gets thick, stays shiny and doesn't yellow,plus drys very quickly. As for a UV polish topcoat, I have just discovered IBD topcoat for polish which dries under the light and my clients love it. I also use their UV topcoat for pink/white. Not sure if your still looking, but hope that helps.

Hi Sillysoup I haven't posted on here for a while but I've been really interested in this thread.

I've tried so many topcoats and my personal fave is CND Super Shiny but also (I will probably get told off for this as its not a salon brand lol :rolleyes:) I really like Revlon topcoat. Sorry guys!

Hope you find your own favourite x x

Well Sillysoup, I too have just joined this site. My favorite topcoat is Diamond Dry. It is now being sold at Sally's which I used to have to special order. It never gets thick, stays shiny and doesn't yellow,plus drys very quickly. As for a UV polish topcoat, I have just discovered IBD topcoat for polish which dries under the light and my clients love it. I also use their UV topcoat for pink/white. Not sure if your still looking, but hope that helps.

Can someone enlighten me regarding uv top coats ! Do these have to be soaked off like a gel or removed with polish remover ? I notice some say under a light is this a uv light or an ordinary light ?

Can someone enlighten me regarding uv top coats ! Do these have to be soaked off like a gel or removed with polish remover ? I notice some say under a light is this a uv light or an ordinary light ?

It varies across all the different options you mention, hunni.

Some UV top coats have to be soaked off and some have to be buffed off.

Some top coats cure with heat only and others require UV exposure.

UV lamps are usually referred to as LAMPS not lights.

Jessica Brilliance is the best topcoat i've used.

I'm using Out The Door, the bottle is so old its still got the price on £3.20 but the quality is just as good as when I bought it. :lol:

Jessica Brilliance is the best topcoat i've used.

That's my favourite as well, I certainly prefer it to Top Priority; not suprising it won the InStyle award for best topcoat!

Latest posts

Back