Leap Year - Anyone Popping The Question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to ask my fella, but i would always wonder if he would of ever asked me!
We have been together for only 9 months but are madly in love and he works away so i only see him every 2nd weekend. He's thinking of coming home for good tho next month.

I can't afford a ring for him and doubt he'd wear it anyway. ha ha

Its not about the ring, not really. Its the intention and emotion. I agree 9 months is not a long time, but I knew my feelings within a couple of weeks and I knew how he felt within a year. He finally asked me after 4 years when he felt he could afford the right ring, but I would have taken a ring pull from a can. When you truely love someone its not about rings or big weddings and houses and babies and holidays its about being together. We have been together for 22 years this year and married for 16 in September and I would not want to be in any other place than where I am right now.
:hug:

I've been with my boyfriend just over 3 years, and I have to admit I'm sorely tempted to pop the question. Having said that, the little girl in me wants to be asked, so I probably won't do it. Might have to try winding him up though, just to see his face! :lol:

Do it properly and let us know what he says hun.....he might be waiting for you to ask him.....only some woman ask !!!....think what you could tell the grand kids!!! .........let us know if you do or don't hun xxxxxxxxx

Its not about the ring, not really. Its the intention and emotion. I agree 9 months is not a long time, but I knew my feelings within a couple of weeks and I knew how he felt within a year. He finally asked me after 4 years when he felt he could afford the right ring, but I would have taken a ring pull from a can. When you truely love someone its not about rings or big weddings and houses and babies and holidays its about being together. We have been together for 22 years this year and married for 16 in September and I would not want to be in any other place than where I am right now.

that brought a tear to my eye! thank you x

Do it properly and let us know what he says hun.....he might be waiting for you to ask him.....only some woman ask !!!....think what you could tell the grand kids!!! .........let us know if you do or don't hun xxxxxxxxx

I don't know if I'm that brave lol!

I asked my boyfriend to marry me last Valentine's day. He first asked if I was joking (how romantic!) but then said yes and bought me a ring. Awwwww!

Things would have been even better if we were actually going to *get* married now but we're not at the moment. We had booked our wedding for November this year but he's cancelled it because we're "not ready yet".

Git.

Thank you huni ...i meant every word :hug:xxx

Another thank you huni xxxxxxx:hug:

I am a believer that there is someone out there for everyone....you will meet them and when i met my hubby i just knew he was the one for me....

Its a connection between us....i know when something is up with him (i sense it!!!)....he had made me the happiest woman alive and we still hold hands when walking and we have a very strong and happy marriage......i hope everyone finds there sole mate.....it makes you feel warm inside (sorry if i have bored people !!!!) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hug:

This is exactly how I feel about my hubbs, he says I'm his best friend.
It might sound twee but we've been known to finish each others sentences and to say the same thing at the same time, have similar thoughts and opinions.

He proposed not long after getting together and my ring was from Argos for £80, not a fortune but we we're only 17/18.
He's offered to replace it since, but I never wanted a massive rock on my finger I know I'd lose it or damage it.
I also had my wedding ring designed and made to fit round it, I love it and you wouldnt know it didnt cost a fortune.

For those of you already married, you could always 'propose' to renew your vows!

I think we may do that when we hit the 20 year mark, so got 4 years to save up.

Woo hoo, wont that be fun.

I would love to propose to my boyfriend, because I know for a fact he would say yes, but I think it's a bit soon and nobody would take it seriously. I have even picked the ring I want lol. Its not an overly expensive one, but not cheap either (£100) but I would rather wait til at least I have finished training and I can start working, otherwise we wouldnt be able to get married anyway lol!

We have been together 10 months, but he asked me to be his girlfriend in 1997 when we were 13, but even though I wanted to, for some reason it took me 10 years to say yes. He waited 10 years for me and I am glad he did.

We have been together 10 months, but he asked me to be his girlfriend in 1997 when we were 13, but even though I wanted to, for some reason it took me 10 years to say yes. He waited 10 years for me and I am glad he did.

Awww that's sweet.

Very pretty, I'd be going for some diamonds though:lol:

lol I'd be too scared of loosing it if it was diamonds! I like cubic zirconia's because they sparkle lots of colours hehe and look like diamonds lol

PMSL not a prayer of a chance and if he asked me i would say NO WAY
i love him but i don't want to marry him :lol:
Why not? Marriage is a great thing:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:..... I'm on my second one now:hug:...hehehehe!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Im already married, but no, I wouldn't ask, surley a girl can drop enough hints if her man is a bit slow! Guys should ask I think! :)

my fella sent me a text today and asked me what i was doing.. my answer

me..nails.. want to get married?

him.. what?

me.. you heard!

him.. are you drinking?

me.. is that a no?

him.. not very f'n romantic to ask me over a text!

me.. well i asked dont expect me to for another 4 yrs!!!!

him.. whatever.

me.. fine

So i tried.. i honestly did.. but not this lep year for me. xx

I Have Known My Husband 23 Years And Married 20 Years This Year, I Got Married While I Was Training In College. We Both Look Like Children, On Our Photo. Everyone From College Came To Our Wedding.

He Is My Best Friend.

We Are Going To Renew Our Vowes On 25 Years In Thailand.

I Say If You Really Love Your Fella Why Not Ask...

my fella sent me a text today and asked me what i was doing.. my answer

me..nails.. want to get married?

him.. what?

me.. you heard!

him.. are you drinking?

me.. is that a no?

him.. not very f'n romantic to ask me over a text!

me.. well i asked dont expect me to for another 4 yrs!!!!

him.. whatever.

me.. fine

So i tried.. i honestly did.. but not this lep year for me. xx

Haha. OMG Chel you crack me up.

Latest posts

Back