Mineral makeup - what do you personally use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plad i like MAC's skinfinish natural range cause its pressed and baked but i dont want to have to fork out £20 for a foundation...

As a make-up artist you can get 35% off at mac.

hth

x

BE are Enriched Mineral Make up. Anything that contains Bysmuth Oxchloride, talc, perfume ect, is enriched and not a TRUE mineral make up. Try Krush Minerals, its a True Mineral make up range x
Posted via Mobile Device

I am almost positive that the rep from Vani T told me that there was cornstarch in their range (another alternative to talc, now talc really is a mineral in itself but hmm cornstarch deffo isnt)

Talc is a nasty mineral, that is why all good mineral make up brands don't use it. Corn starch is a safer alternative, its used in a lot of natural baby products and true mineral make up ranges.:) x
Posted via Mobile Device

Talc is an irritant whereas corn starch is kinder to the skin.

As a make-up artist you can get 35% off at mac.

hth

x

Hi, how would you go about this please would you just take in your make up certificates ? ect ... :hug: x minky

I seem to recall that the 35% isn't valid from concessions, only from MAC shops. As such it's no good for me as the nearest MAC shop to me is in London, or Brighton.
Grrr.

Yes the 35% is at mac stores only unfortunately. however you can shop online at MAC Pro i'm not sure if you have to be a pro member to access the site. you should be able to download an application form on there. you just need 2 forms of id to prove you are a make.up artist(certs biz card etc). hth x:)

I love Bare Escentuals. I only recently started using mineral make up in July. I decided I didn't want to wear foundation on holiday in Turkey and had read reviews about Bare Escentuals and it had staying power even in such high temperatures.

I am now a devoted fan of Bare Escentuals and have even persuaded my mum, nan and friend to start using their products as it looks so natural but gives good coverage.

I also noticed whereas foundation starts to rub off throughout the day, when I use the minerals my make up looks even better at the end of the day :green:

jane iredale do a pressed powder and a liquid mineral foundation, the range is 100% pure and natural! they make the liquid foundation by suspending small beads of minerals in a aloe vera gel and the clever bottle measures out the correct amount of gel, crushes a mineral and mixes it together! both the presses powder and liquid minerals are alot less messy than the loose! xx

I use susanposnick colorflo which is powder in a brush attachment, but costs about £40 but find it covers my skin really well.

I use CC Pure mineral makeup. Nothing but good stuff in there! It covers blemishes (not that I have any... lol) like nothing else I've ever used before and the range of concealers and colours is quite extensive. Plus CC can customer colour to each person skin type/colour and they are very affordable - and they give out samples of other colours with your order!!
I have become addicted to the stuff :green:
http://www.ccmineralmakeup.com.au

Hi,
I'm a new salon geek that is struggling to find a mineral make-up range... I've looked at the larger companies like Bare Escentuals and Jane Iredale but they are way out of my budget although I quite liked BE. I am currently sampling some 'Essential Therapy' products that I bought from the Olympia exhibition and although it looks great and lasts all day I have noticed my skin itching. Has anyone got any advice for a 'pure' mineral brand that is also fairly priced? Cheers

Hi,
I'm a new salon geek that is struggling to find a mineral make-up range... I've looked at the larger companies like Bare Escentuals and Jane Iredale but they are way out of my budget although I quite liked BE. I am currently sampling some 'Essential Therapy' products that I bought from the Olympia exhibition and although it looks great and lasts all day I have noticed my skin itching. Has anyone got any advice for a 'pure' mineral brand that is also fairly priced? Cheers

Have you tried Lily Lolo? Lily Lolo Mineral Cosmetics

Hi Theresa

I've just received some samples today of the foundation from Lily Lolo after contacting them on the website so I will try them out and see. It does seem a reasonably priced range with nice packaging and a good concept but its a shame they don't yet supply eyeliners and mascara.

Lily Lolo for me all the way! I love it. Their eye colours are very pigmented so the colours are gorgeous. Some of the eye colours can be used with a damp brush so I use the black as an eye liner. I have all my eyelash extension clients using it too as it dosent effect the lashes.
Love the range!

i use id BE and love it especially for holiday no more sticky liquid foundation than runs off in the sun. The bronzing powder is the best one I have ever used it's lovely on and gives a nice dewy young fresh look to your skin.

I know since I live in the U.S. that not everything is available in your area. But I have been using Everyday Minerals for quite awhile now and love them. They are half the price of Bare Minerals and they offer different foundations for different skin types. The latest thing that is new with their containers, instead of havin the strip that you peel off, there is a plastic piece that slides around to cover and uncover the holes. Great for traveling, plus you can regulate better how much comes out.

Maybe if enough people request their products from overseas they will consider selling it there. And I know in the U.S. beauty professional can sell it in their shops. Just an idea!!

I adore Youngblood Mineral Makeup. I use it on myself & also for my bridal work. I love the way it feels & the team are really supportive too.

Saks has just taken them on & I think we will be seeing a lot more of tem in the not too distant future :)

-P-

another jane iredale fan ..
have just started to add a few pieces of mineral makeup to my bridal kit (its currently mostly mac, bbi, chanel etc)
have so far had positive response from bridal makeup trials, so may invest in some more when i need to replace certain items
i also use ji at princess / teen makeover parties
hth

I adore Youngblood Mineral Makeup. I use it on myself & also for my bridal work. I love the way it feels & the team are really supportive too.

Saks has just taken them on & I think we will be seeing a lot more of tem in the not too distant future :)

-P-

Hi Mouffloncake

Can you tell me if Youngblood has a website? I've tried to search on google but it only comes up with salons/distributors.

Latest posts

Back