my whole toenail has come off....dont look if you're squeamish please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And deff no washin up or housework for 2 weeks, GEEKS ORDERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am too squeemish to look at the pics, but by the reactions it sounds just awful. I would go and get it professionally cleaned and dressed. I ripped my arm open a month ago, had stitches, it still got infected. So anti-biotics might be a good idea, just incase. I really feel for you, especially it happening this time of year.

Aww bless you keep us updated on this.I hope the pain eases soon for you babe,Good luck xxx

definatly get antibiotics.
i did this at excel 4 yrs ago, and it was my big toe.
a very nice medic man pushed it back down.. it was still numb at this time:eek:
i went to new york 2 days later so didnt get time to get antibiotics.
i ended up with a very nasty infection, and i was very lucky that it didnt go down as far as the matrix. which would have possibly meant no nail ever again:eek::eek:
it did grow again, but always has a small bit of onycholysis at the free edge.
i also had L&P on and it was put on by someone else and was too thick.
i only ever wear gel on my toes now, as im sure the damage wouldnt have been so bad without the L&P.
im also paranoid about overlaying someones toenail if the free edge is too long, it makes my toes curl thinking about catching it again!
hope yours heals quickly, but get some anti biotics
xx

Awww Emms you poor little love that looks like agony,
hope you have got it sorted out now and are feeling a lot more comfortable,
:hug::hug::hug::hug: for you in your time of need.

Listen - there is no need to go and kick the bed post because your computer has broke! Oh look - computer is mended!

I would agree with a salt water foot soak and see how it goes. Maybe ring NHS direct too!

hello peepys xx

I have not long got back from the hospital,
Yes I was very brave and went lol i so didnt want to....but didnt want to get an infection even more,
anyway, she had a good look..I said ow! before she even touched it lmao...
she sent me up for xrays .....I HAVE BROKE MY TOE :cry: and the break is right near my matrix ...
any way she was going to just put a light dresing on...but persuaded me to see if she could put it back in...she promised me local anesthetic and gas and air...so i had a little cry lol...

So she gave me gas and air ..cool..i had a good squeeze of a lovely nursed hand ...they ll oohed and ahhed over my finger nails and my dangle....i gave them an education lesson in "no acrylic doesnt damage your nails (unless you are kicking beds with it on your tootsies ) "
2 injections later and my toenail was off..I had to look i just had too...it was horrible .yet fascinating at the same time ...was like out of a horror film. lots of blood..

she tidied up the nail and re attached it ..its all bandadged up and i got antibiotics...gotta go the fracture clinic on monday ..
lol im going for tea be back soon xxxxxxx:hug::hug::hug:

omg ems how brave are you babe, im so sorry its broke hun, ive been there very sore and not nice, but good excuse to have kids running around after you for few days babe, hope they gave you some pain killers too, glad youve got antibitotics, at least no infection eh hunny

take care xxxx

hello peepys xx

Yes I was very brave and went lol i so didnt want to....but didnt want to get an infection even more,
she sent me up for xrays .....I HAVE BROKE MY TOE :cry: and the break is right near my matrix ...
any way she was going to just put a light dresing on...but persuaded me to see if she could put it back in...she promised me local anesthetic and gas and air...so i had a little cry lol...

So she gave me gas and air ..cool..i had a good squeeze of a lovely nursed hand ...they ll oohed and ahhed over my finger nails and my dangle....i gave them an education lesson in "no acrylic doesnt damage your nails (unless you are kicking beds with it on your tootsies ) "
2 injections later and my toenail was off..I had to look i just had too...it was horrible .yet fascinating at the same time ...was like out of a horror film. lots of blood..

she tidied up the nail and re attached it ..its all bandadged up and i got antibiotics...gotta go the fracture clinic on monday ..

Ah you can't beat the good old gas & air.
Glad you're ok mate that pic was more scarey than gross:hug:
Can't believe you looked though:lol::eek:

hello peepys xx

Awww bless you hun. When Colin looked at it on cam earlier today he said that's broken but I didn't want to say that to you:hug::hug:

Rachel sends a :hug: too, just texted her to tell her.

Ah you can't beat the good old gas & air.
lol one of the nurses was laughing at me, coz i had loads of the gas and air, then stopped as i went all funny...then i grabbed it and had another massive inhale,
the nurse said "is it hurting still? " i said " no but i havent had this since having the girls so i might aswell make the bloody most of it " lmao

I am going to upload the other pictures from earlier now...so when you see the links ...dont click if you dont want to see lol .....
they will be in my next post on here.....

1st pic ...you can see how this is the base of the nail, it has came right out

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/165404.jpg

and again you can see the base of the nail where it was originally underneath my skin,
you can see the stop point where the nail was visable ...this was skin , this skin was all that was keeping my nail on..it was still attached at the top near the smile line.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/165336.jpg

this is a bit of a gory one ..very close up from the side... and yes i have a dip in the acrylic on my nail lol
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/165336.jpg

you can also see, how the nail next to the one i broke, had a horizonal split in the acrylic , so Im bloomin luck i didnt do that one too !!!

eeeeee god it looks bad its going thru me but cant stop looking at,get those painkillers down ya neck and keep ya foot on a raised pillow on top of the quilt when you go to bed so you dont catch it under the sheets.xxxxx

Thought for the day.....would this have happened if there were no l/p overlay on the toe nail? Was the l/p unable to absorb the shock or was the toe nail simply a tad long? Or was it just one of those things?

Who knows! But I think it's a question worth asking for technicians who use l/p for toe nail overlays.....it could be you lol!:hug:

Glad you got it sorted Emms...but will you be wearing l/p overlays on yr toes after this?

I've nearly had this happen and it was due to the nail being too long.. toe nails IMO shouldnt come past the end of the toe... I know when ever mine have - natural or enhanced - I tend to damage or hurt them in some way... so now I keep them shorter lol

*edit* I really do hope it grows back for you too... but I can say my fiancee did exactly what you have done (not with enhancements! lol) during a Gridiron game.. the nail came out in the same way and unfortuantely damaged the nail root.. which ment.. no more nail ever again for that toe :(

Thought for the day.....would this have happened if there were no l/p overlay on the toe nail? Was the l/p unable to absorb the shock or was the toe nail simply a tad long? Or was it just one of those things?

Who knows! But I think it's a question worth asking for technicians who use l/p for toe nail overlays.....it could be you lol!:hug:

Glad you got it sorted Emms...but will you be wearing l/p overlays on yr toes after this?

I'm not sure about this....I had a gel overlay on mine and still managed to lose a little toenail.
It wasn't a problem.... it just fell off after I had a little accident.
Being clumsy doesn't help though :)

Thought for the day.....
would this have happened if there were no l/p overlay on the toe nail?

I dont think it would have done no...i probably would have still broke it...but i dont think it would have been the whole nail come off, as there would have been flexibility.

was the toe nail simply a tad long?
well somebody else said this to me too..I didnt actually think they were, this is the normal length my toenails always have been they are only overlaying what i have there already..but i dont know , mabey they are a little long,

Or was it just one of those things?
I did kick the bed in temper with bare feet ..i didnt accidently bang it...so it did go full force ....~~emma hangs head in shame and feel's stupid~~

but will you be wearing l/p overlays on yr toes after this?
probably yes, I like the look of them ...minus the bood and gore of course :green:,
ill just probably post a thread on here asking for hints to make sure i am not doing them too long or thick ...watch this space :green:
good thoughts cathie ,
earlier on today i did actually say to fiona i think it was much worse because of the L+P
but then i thought the L+P had took impact for my toe and saved me breaking it .........that was before i found out i did break it :irked:
xxxxx

bloody ouch - aint read all the thread - yet again - i feel your pain (not) ahhahahhaah -

seriously tho , that must have bloody hurt like hell

Bloody hell Emma that looks sore. Made me laugh though how even though you were squeamish you just had to take pictures, typical geek eh?

Take care of you and your toe, make sure you take your anti biotics right to the bitter end!

Why oh why is it that when it says don't look, and you just know it's going to be horrible..... you have to look!!!!!!:green:
Poor you, that looks sooooooooo sore. Keep it rested and next time the drawer won't open, hit it with a HAMMER.:lol:

Latest posts

Back