Nail Biter, before and after

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

A couple of weeks ago and lady joined the site (Nugget) asking for help as she is a nail biter. Well, after 2 appointments to manicure her nails and tidy up her cuticle area, I went ahead and applied a full set. Here are 2 before pics:

http://www.salongeek.com/members/ve...re11030-nail-biter-before-03-03-09-right.html

http://www.salongeek.com/members/ve...ure11029-nail-biter-before-03-03-09-left.html

And here are the 2 after:

http://www.salongeek.com/members/ve...ture11031-nail-biter-after-03-03-09-left.html

http://www.salongeek.com/members/ve...ure11032-nail-biter-after-03-03-09-right.html

They are tip and overlay, CND Perfect White and Cool Pink. I don't have different angles, but I value your opinions as ever :hug:. It's probably the biggest challenge I have faced in terms of a biter, and I was really pleased with the outcome.

All comments and advice welcome!

Wow :) lovely job Vetty :hug:

Well you definitely rose to the challenge Vetty.
What a transformation.
Nice length and excellent balance between pink and white....but you knew that didn't you ;)
She must have been chuffed to bits.

fab job Vetty, well done...:hug:

Nice job looking good
how did you get the tips to stay i have a nail bitter
she bits so much i cant get the tips to stay

very nice job vetty xx
the skin tone powder you have used looks fab for this client, and I love the fact you've kept them nice and short/balanced so the client will manage them !!

great shots for your website !!!

can i ask what tips you used and if you did any preperation before you applied them?
i think they look fab what a transformation,im sure you've made a client for life.i also think the length and balance of the pink and white are right as is the shape of the nails.
you've done yourself proud and im sure this has give you such as confidence boost for future clients like this,because it should have.
well done,i love seeing these sorts of pics,so thanks for sharing..xx

Nice job looking good
how did you get the tips to stay i have a nail bitter
she bits so much i cant get the tips to stay

can i ask what tips you used and if you did any preperation before you applied them?

I used Pro-Impressions well-less tips but as her nails are so short I sized them for width and then clipped the 'ears' off with nail clippers so there was almost a straight edge to the tip. I could then adhere it to the very edge of her nails without having to worry about how far down the pointy ears of the tip were. As I was covering it all in opaque powder anyway it didn't really matter what it looked like underneath!! Does that makes sense?

Thanks for all the positive comments, I was pretty pleased with the end result. We talked about what happens if (when!) she loses one, and I'm seeing her again next week anyway (1 week on). It is baby steps when starting with nails so short, but this is good start.....

Cheers guys xx

You should be proud hun as the transformation is amazing look forward to seeing follow up pics xx

Excellent job she's a happy lady!

thanks for the info.did you not need to do any blending then? as you were using an opaque powder as im unsure on what is best to do sometimes on a nail biter.x

Wow Vetty, what a transformation. You done an excellent job, I bet she was over the moon. :hug:

First comment OWE this looked so painful:Scared:
You have done an first class job, no one looking at these nails would ever guess that this client is a nail biter. and thats what its all about.
These should be the first pics that anyone sees on a web site
10 out of 10:hug:

Vetty these are fantastic!!!!!!!!!! put them on your website too!

You have done a very good job...they are lovely...my nail biters enhancements always end up looking a bit bulbous/rounded .... yours have a lovely natural shape.

what a beautiful job! This is the standard of work I aspire to, as I am still so new :) Lovely!

Blimey she was a nail biter! Bless her, I bet she is over the moon! Lovely job!

They look awesome, I bet she was chuffed

thanks for the info.did you not need to do any blending then? as you were using an opaque powder as im unsure on what is best to do sometimes on a nail biter.x

I did blend the tips but I only had a flat line to blend rather than a curved one, does that make sense? I was aiming to have the minimum amount of tip on the nail plate if you see what I mean......

Thanks for all the nice comments, I'll put the pics on my website today!

Wow they look fab, great to hear how other techs manage nail biters too!!
Could you let me know where you purchased the nail tips?

Latest posts

Back