Nasty client threatening me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and if you do give her a refund draw up some kind of contract for her to sign before she gets her cash stating that she has had a full refund as a goodwill gesture and you admit no negligence.
Keep your chin up scum like that will get their Karma!!!!

I dont have anywhere on my cards for my clients to sign, just their details. Are clients supposed to sign every time they have a treatment??? I get clients to sign disclaimers if they have any medical conditions that may or may not later be an issue, also parents to sign for under 18,s but i was unaware that they should sign at each treatment? The salon i used to work in also diddnt make clients sign, am i leaving myself open by not doing this????:sad:

yep absolutely agree about getting ehr to sign that, before you hand over the refund

Yeah Im going to write something up now. And if I do give her a refund it will 100% be by cheque so I have proof that she has got it. Its so annoying that people can get away with this, the whole system seems flawed, what do we pay insurance for again? Oh well. Live and learn I guess but Grrrrrrrr. :sad: xx

what an nasty old witch... and kudos to your insurance company for backing you up... hmmm :twisted:

i really feel for you kelly and know that it might be easier for you to give the money back and get her off your case but have you tried VERY firmly (but politely) explaining to her how unreasonable it is of her to expect her money back when it was her choice to have them so long and her choice to wait 33 days for a rebalance?!

as jules123 said - you may be panicking just now but don't give in xxx

Keep ya cool and don't be intimidated by her. The fact that she's claims to have gone around other salons is a joke in my opinion. any nail technician worth there salt will take one look at her nails and one, realise the bleeding nail is due to her mistreating her nails, and two, it will be obvious that they are in need of a rebalance.

The fact that she's mentioned a small claims court is scaremongering, she's trying to frighten you into giving her a refund. Don't be a fool and stand your ground, you are not a push over. YOu provided a service and got paid for it, end of. She is not going to go through the hassle of taking you to court. Besides it wouldn't even get that far any judge would throw it out because it's a joke. A nail technician being sued because she left her place of work without telling her client???? Come on people... what;s happened to common bloody sense.

Get a grip. She's is a nasty little person and the sooner you chase her the better. Believe you me when she realises she's not going to get a refund she leave you alone.

Last edited:
It will cost her more than the set of nails she had to take it to small claims court. The judge will only honour her claim if he feels she has undergone a 'wrong-doing' Seeing as you left the salon through no fault of your own, how were you supposed to contact her? Seeing as you warned her against having long talons and she still decided she wanted them....you gave her every opportunity to maintain the nails as best they can be by keeping them shorter.

The insurance co is taking a very cautious line in my opinion. Have you seen the process of taking someone to a small claims court? Fast Track

You offer a service. You performed that service and she went away happy. The fact she has left the infills for two weeks more than she should have means that her failure to maintain her nails caused any damage and breakage. You did warn her that she ought not to have had nails that long.

I say don't give her any money back. Tell her politely that you warned her that long nails were not a good idea. And as for going round all the local salons....;)

I don't know if this would help but she is verbally threatening you, she still hasn't taken real action yet..

...I was once called on to do makeup, last minute for 6 girls for a hairdressers photoshoot (unpaid, a time for prints job.) It was at a really hight end salon where the models worked for free, had their hair cut and coloured for free, borrowed £400 matthew williamson tops, had their makeup done by me for free and then were shot by pro photographers for their images to be used in the salons promotional material and sent to all hair magazines in the uk and europe. There was a girl aged 15 accompanied by her mum throughout the entire day and her mum signed a release form to approve of the release of the pics. I got images for free in print and was told I could use the digital copies which were on all the hairdressers myspace pages. I used the image a year later on my promo material and the girls parents (well the dad) decided to get their family friend, top lawyer in the town to write me a letter saying I had no right to use the image and I was to pay the model damages for the stress I had caused her and how people were drawing conculsions about the girl that were untrue (obviously just saying to her 'oh you doing a bit of modelling now then?') images were really flattering, not inappopriate in any way, in hindsight I should have double checked it was okay to use them but they were out to 1.scare me and 2. try me for money. I wrote back to them apologising for misunderstanding but explained they were released really widely and all over the net etc in a letter that my dad helped word as he is good with letters...

...so maybe ask for her postal address and write professionally the facts about nail enhancements you know to be true and that you will not be verbally discussing the matter any more (save your breath and energy for your regular, real clients.) Then if she does have the money to go to a lawyer/solicitor.. whatever then you will have something to worry about, but would she actually do that? Oh yeah and say you have a copy of the letter, and forward a copy to your old salon for their records and thank your old salon for giving out your personal number so she can threaten you!

i have done nothing yet. Am i right to believe that if she did get anywhere near court with this that i would be sent a letter giving me 7 days to pay her first? If this is the case then the madam can whistle for it unless it gets that far. She's made me so angry. I was sort of scared into thinking i had to give her the money back by my insurance company but after listening to what everyone else says i think they were just being silly. What solicitor in their right mind is going to take on a case worth 40pounds? Am i thinking along the right lines here? X x
Posted via Mobile Device

i have done nothing yet. Am i right to believe that if she did get anywhere near court with this that i would be sent a letter giving me 7 days to pay her first? If this is the case then the madam can whistle for it unless it gets that far. She's made me so angry. I was sort of scared into thinking i had to give her the money back by my insurance company but after listening to what everyone else says i think they were just being silly. What solicitor in their right mind is going to take on a case worth 40pounds? Am i thinking along the right lines here? X x
Posted via Mobile Device

2 years ago i took someone to the small claims court and when they were served the papers it gave them the opportunity to settle out of court or to fill in the paperwork to be sent a court date in x amount of days. Also it would cost her atleast £200 to get you to the small claims court so it wouldn't be worth it anyway.

Any communication you have with her make sure it's in writing not verbal and send everything recorded delivery as well as keeping a copy, so you have proof of absoloutly everything. I wouldn't give her a refund, she will eventually give up and find some other poor soul to bully. Although i can imagine the panic and worry as it's happening must be horrendous, but when she sees that she's getting no where it'll die down, and as it's already been said she'll talk about you whether you'd refunded her or not.

Aaw hunni how pants for you! but i agree not to give her the refund!

One of the girls in the previous salon i worked in had a client like her, had a manicure, paid, everything hunky dory, 3 weeks later she had a letter from the woman saying that her cuticles had been "hacked off" bleeding and had since been infected and resulted in many hospital treatments. She threatened to bad mouth the salon and stated in the letter " call it £1000 and i wont press furtther in this matter"

Well the salon owner decided to fight it, despite the fact that the therapist did not have the woman sign a consultation card. And the salon won in court!

She blasted the judge with information, diagrams, other clients testimonials and had managed to find out that this woman had been trying to sue many salons, bakeries and clothes shops in the town.

The point is at the end of the day it came down to this womans word against the therapist whom had been doing manicures for years.

And the insurance company didnt even send the lawyer that they had promised!!

If she could do it why cant you?!

Hope this gives you some hope :)

xxx

hope it all goes well for you kelly... and i'm dead proud of you for standing your ground and not letting her bully you... don't forget to keep us posted on how you get on...

:hug: xxx

not heard anything from her today. Don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing lol. Did see her in town though and i did a swift de-tour as i thought the last thing i need is to see her face to face right now. Hopefully she will just get bored and go back to bullying someone else. X x
Posted via Mobile Device

Kelly
everyone here is giving you good advice.
And in a fair world she is a complete cow and you are perfeclly right.
However in a court where they do not understand our business it really really depends on the way the wind blows that day.
I have been to court myself unfortunately,determined to stand my ground against unfair claims,and I have never won.
Did you say this woman was in a wheel chair?
My advice is rather then go to court- give the cow her money-I know it goes against all our principles but the stress and possible cost is not worth it.
She is constantly on your case phoning and texting,come on -has she nothing else to do?Over a couple of nails?So this woman will go the whole way,contacting a solicitor,I think.
I know others will disagree but i would just pay her back-get rid of it-and move on.
Remember what goes around-comes around.
Karen x

Kelly hun, I'm very sorry to read this thread.

She sounds like a nasty biatch. I wouldn't be surprised if she does this to other businesses in the town.

I would fight her all the way, my reputation would be at stake & in the end if I had to give her a refund, it would be in the form of Gift Voucher - not cash.

Have you read through thi s...

Making a Claim

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex303_e.pdf

These are just something i have found quickly on google.
Why nor trawl throug a few of the info sites & see if you can find out what she has to do.

The only worry I have about this is that giving her money back could be seen as an admission that you were in the wrong! We are told, at the scene of an accident to never admit guilt, surely this would be the same thing.

Your insurance company are not looking after you but themselves. They don't want the bother of a claim so it is easier for them to tell you to give her money back! I am not sure where you stand with them, if you have asked their advice and you don't follow it?

I am so glad I don't have room for new clients very often, they can be a nightmare! Taking photos after treatments would maybe be a good thing for us all with new clients.

Too many adverts on TV telling people to sue for anything, I even had a text this week telling me I was entitled to £1,370 for the accident I recently had. I must have had a head injury because I can't remember having any accident!:eek:

something similar happened to me and luckily i stood my ground. She did go to other salons to slag me off but they all rang me and said there is no fault with what i had done and none off them will take her on now as they can see what a trouble maker she is!

when i spoke to her i told her that her behaviour is slander, she didn't follow the aftercare advice and like hat was said before if she has your number she could have called earlier for in infill - ie HER FAULT!!!

Tell her all this and refuse a refund and the politely tell her not to ring again as she is going round in circles, your insurance company is willing to take her to court for harassment and slander and will do if she carries on, tell her she is not getting anywhere. then put the phone down!!

Most of them are all talk and get away with their bullying attitude because most people get embarrassed and will do anything to get rid of them.

Stand your ground babe, you got all of salon geek behind you!:lick:

Today she called me on a mobile number which i answered as i didnt know who it was..... she said "hello its your best friend janet" so i just hung up as i didnt want to get into a conversation with her. I then text the number saying just so you know i have been in contact with the police and reported you for both harassment and slander so please stop contacting me. I have had no reply to this. Thank god. Ive saved all her messages. I just dont know what to do. Part of me thinks god just give the woman her £40 and tell her to bog off. But the other part of me thinks no way on this earth is she getting a penny off me. I just dont want to get in any trouble. xxx

ahh what a nightmare , how can these people not realise how silly they look ,...poor you, but head up, you seem to have a positive attitude anyway , lets hope this women realises you might not be as soft as you look..Good Luck with everything & hope shes out of the picture soon

Today she called me on a mobile number which i answered as i didnt know who it was..... she said "hello its your best friend janet" so i just hung up as i didnt want to get into a conversation with her. I then text the number saying just so you know i have been in contact with the police and reported you for both harassment and slander so please stop contacting me. I have had no reply to this. Thank god. Ive saved all her messages. I just dont know what to do. Part of me thinks god just give the woman her £40 and tell her to bog off. But the other part of me thinks no way on this earth is she getting a penny off me. I just dont want to get in any trouble. xxx

You poor thing, how awful for you, hopefully what you said has now put her off, chin up x

Latest posts

Back