No more free Scratch?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Has anyone else received an email saying that the free Scratch Magazine will no longer be guaranteed?
We now need to subscribe yearly in order to get the book and prices have gone up.
That's a bummer I like that book! xxx

Hi,
Yes I received the same email. But I am glad there is no more FREE Scratch, I have always paid for mine. :cry: I worked in a salon, they got a free Scratch.......once on a month when all the paying Scratch readers found their copy was delayed.......I refused to look as I wanted to wait for my own copy at home.
You don't receive "Gloss" magazine if you are not a payer.
They are offering a fab deal though, especially if you pay for 2 years.
Really it is worth way more than they are charging for it. :)
Last year I got a whole lot of CND products free when I paid my subscription. Which was worth more than I had paid for the magazine.
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

Oh no that's not fair hey!
My tutor's other half owns this company and she was telling me about the benefits of subscribing. It definitely sounds worth it!
You wouldn't happen to know if they accept solo card hun,would you? I shall do it now!! xxx

hey kylieb, yes they accept solo, ive just been on the website.
xx

i just got this email through today .. may help, will ring them monday myself to see if its genuine !

Dear Colleague,
The annual subscription fee for Scratch magazine has remained unchanged for six years, however due to the Royal Mail increase in April, this will increase to:
£34 (UK), £49 (Europe), £80 (rest of the world) from June 1st 2009.
SPECIAL OFFER
50% off if you subscribe before the 1st June 2009, that’s all 12 editions of Scratch + 2 editions of Gloss for just £17 (UK mainland only) that’s less than £1.42 per month.
IT GETS BETTER…

If you subscribe for two years it’s just £30 (that’s just £1.25 per month). Free copies of Scratch will no longer be guaranteed, to ensure you receive the UK’s leading nail magazine you will need to subscribe. Hurry this great offer ends on the 31st May 2009.

All you need to do is call the subscription hotline on 0208 773 1313, subscribe online at www.scratchmagazine.co.uk or e mail [email protected]
This will show on your bill as nailbooks.com.

Hmmm I've always paid for mine too, for the last 3 years,
i wasn't even aware that it was given out free :irked:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had a free copy in my life.
I do however get Pro Beauty every month and don't subscribe, there's not much in the way of nails I found but I do try and pass it on to a beautician who may like it if I can.
BTW if anyone has a copy of Februarys Scratch and is willing to sell to me please let me know because I would like to see it.
Stephen if you read this let me know if you still have it hun.....I'm willing to pay for the mag and the postage.

Hmmm I've always paid for mine too, for the last 3 years,

Me too, and have done for the last 2 years.
The 2 year deal does sound good and tempting. x

I've just subcribed. There are no nails related magazines over here. It seems like a good way to keep updated of the latest news in the industry (besides salongeek) :)

Hi guys, I just found out by reading this thread that Scratch magazine wasn't free. I have been getting this mag for at least 3 years and never paid a penny for it. I honestly thought it was free, never thought some people had to pay for it :cry:. What a shame!

Hi guys, I just found out by reading this thread that Scratch magazine wasn't free. I have been getting this mag for at least 3 years and never paid a penny for it. I honestly thought it was free, never thought some people had to pay for it :cry:. What a shame!

If you do pay then you do get other benefits. I am really surprised it has been free for this long. The deal at the moment is really good though! xx

SPECIAL OFFER[/B]
50% off if you subscribe before the 1st June 2009, that’s all 12 editions of Scratch + 2 editions of Gloss for just £17 (UK mainland only) that’s less than £1.42 per month.
IT GETS BETTER…

If you subscribe for two years it’s just £30 (that’s just £1.25 per month).Free copies of Scratch will no longer be guaranteed, to ensure you receive the UK’s leading nail magazine you will need to subscribe.Hurry this great offer ends on the 31st May 2009.

Hi,

is this offer still available to everyone? or only previous subscribers?

Last edited by a moderator:
i was wondering is this still valid as i need to renew

Why don't you all direct your questions to Scratch? Surely that is the best way to get the information you want; they have a website and a phone.

Loubylou ---- Hmmm I've always paid for mine too, for the last 3 years,

Why should anyone be irked?? Scratch have always sent out free back copies (one) of the mag to those who want to see it before they buy ... this is good promotion. Scratch do not send out free copies willy nilly for months and years on end, of course they don't. I'm sure if someone has been getting a free copy for years, then it is a mistake and they somehow slipped through the net.

i agree geeg it is worth every penny as well. does anyone know what the offer is at the min as i lost my renewal letter like an idiot

Isn't the offer posted above? Why not ring SCRATCH or look on their website?

Did you know that about 85% of subscriptions to UK beauty and nail magazines are actually free? Most of the magazines are audited by the Audit Bureau of Circulation, which breaks down the number of paid for subscriptions against the number of free ones. You can see the certificates at http://www.abc.org.uk/.

Guild Gazette is one exception, as it is published just for Guild Members.

i just got this email through today .. may help, will ring them monday myself to see if its genuine !

Dear Colleague,
The annual subscription fee for Scratch magazine has remained unchanged for six years, however due to the Royal Mail increase in April, this will increase to:
£34 (UK), £49 (Europe), £80 (rest of the world) from June 1st 2009.
SPECIAL OFFER
IT GETS BETTER…

If you subscribe for two years it’s just £30 (that’s just £1.25 per month).Free copies of Scratch will no longer be guaranteed, to ensure you receive the UK’s leading nail magazine you will need to subscribe.Hurry this great offer ends on the 31st May 2009.

All you need to do is call the subscription hotline on 0208 773 1313, subscribe online at www.scratchmagazine.co.uk or e mail [email protected]
This will show on your bill as nailbooks.com.

I've just phoned them, and asked weather it was open ? they chech with head office, and phoned me back saying it was only open to existing subscribers, then less than 5 mins after, phoned me again to say this offer is open to everyone :confused: so I'm getting my order in asap :hug: but double check and phone them 1st

Latest posts

Back