Nostalgia..................

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsaremad

Reaction score
Well following on from a previous thread........ As a child from the 80's i certainly remember shows such as the red hand gang, tiswas, saturday swop shop, the muppets were a paeticular favourite in particular the chef who used to just go bursch de bursch de bursch ! Still cracks me up ! I always watch the muppets christmas carol every christmas eve ! What are the shows you remember most from your child hood ????
Posted via Mobile Device

I hated the muppets!
I used to love the clangers and yet i find it really stupid now-lol
I absolutely loved doobys duck truck-i used to howl at it!
Hong kong phooey and barbapapa!
Oh the good old days :)

Lol hongfuey absolute classic ! And topcat ! And do you remember the green cross code and charlie says !!!!! Lol I havve
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry blacberry! I have had to you tube all the above shows to a much tounger collegue !
Posted via Mobile Device

i really think they should put shows on like "jim'll fix it" again something positive giving simple pleasures NOT console, pc, phone, camera.

God im old as remember the transition from black and white TV to full colour....how amazing was that then LOL

Blue Peter...now how basic was that back in the days when kids were kids.....good old John Knolls(if thats right) with his walnut whip hairstyle showing us all how to make something useful (while his golden retriever took a pee on the floor in front of the whole world :eek:)to give our parents from a toilet roll holder and or from a shoe box nicked from under our mum and dads bed that we could all transform into a fabulous Wendy house for Ken and whats her name and then with the vibrator taken from the cardboard box from under mums bed with a bit of gelatin mix we could make a vibrating leaning tower of Pizza :eek::eek::lol::lol:

For me it was the good old Banana split gang( thanks Sandi for the link)...what a load of twitts running around like fools in there weird outfits and on their 6 wheeler beach buggy things...one was a dog,one an Elephant and one a lion I seem to recall....here's Sandi's link that brought back some old memories for me...NJOY :hug:
YouTube- Banana Splits

Double Deckers,The Flashing Blade,Robinson Crusoe,The Tom Foolery show,Wurzel Gummage,Just William,Tiswas,Runnaround,Swap shop(went to one on Weymouth beach)Black Beauty,Little house on the prairee(loved that)Blakes 7,Mary,Mongo and midge,Mr Ben,Renta ghost,Rhubarb and custard....Oh the list goes on.........................:green:

just thought of a couple of other faves,Pipkins and Wacky races oh and Captain Caveman!!!!

Oh oh....and John Craven's newsround,The Bionic women and six million dollar man.....Not that I am a couch spud or anything.....Never watch Tv now,how odd!!!!

Last edited:
fraggle rock and the poddington peas, theme tune of which i still sing, lol

I am very concerned about kids programmes today especially in the night garden, mucca pucca coming from a two year old sounds a lot like mother f***er!

God I still sing fraggle rock and for years trferred to people who I thought 'worked hard'; as doozers (ok and included myself in that category) and everyone else was a shameless fraggle !!!!!! Right off to assess the office...............................mind you think I may have become a fraggle eeeeek !

Ooh Banana Splits were great, loved Fraggle rock, the Wombles were the best for me, beats In the night garden or Teletubbies any day lol

Sue xx

For me it was always Willo-the-Wisp (with the voices done by Kennith Williams - remember the lovely Mavis Cruet & Evil Edna?!), Bagpuss, the Flumps, Chorlton & the Wheelies, Let's Pretend & Chock-a-block. The one I was always a bit creeped out by was the original Moomins!

Latest posts

Back