Not having a very good time at the minute

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyliekit88

Reaction score
I don't often use this site to moan but I am having a bloody awful time at the moment, my hubby is at work and I need someone to chat to.

I am having the time from hell at the moment. Being 32 weeks pregnant and just about to start maternity leave I should be one of the happiest girls around. This week things have gone to pot. On Wednesday my auntie died which has come as a complete shock to all of us and we are all devastated. She isn't that old and although has a few medical problems had nothing serious. She went to bed a week past Tuesday with a really horrible flu virus and had been there for the whole week. She was really out of sorts and the doctor same to see her on Monday. On Wednesday I got a phone call at work to say she was poorly then my husband came to collect me and told me she had died (the family didn't want to tell me over the phone).

Post mortem was done yesterday and she apparently had a pulmonary embolism which had travelled to her lung possibly due to her being ill in bed for a week and not getting any exercise. I feel so sad as I know these things can be treated if caught and none of us had a clue it was there.

She was so looking forward to the baby coming, she had bought us a beautiful crib and knitted loads of things for it. I am so sad that she is not going to be here to see the baby. As I am 39 and had given up hope of having a baby she was so pleased when we told her our good news.

Also, I have a small salon where another girl does the beauty treatments and I do the nails and today is her last day. She is off to work in a new salon closer to where she lives and although I am really happy for her I feel very sad to lose her. She is very good at what she does and the clients loved her.

I am not sure if I want to keep the salon going. I feel like closing the shop down.

I am totally going to miss my auntie. I was very close to her and as she had two sons she thought of me as her daughter. When I had a problem that was where I went. She was going to teach me how to make soup when I finished for maternity leave cos I am not very good around the house. I am so used to just popping in for a natter and a cuppa. My uncle died five years ago and she really missed him loads so I tell myself at least she is happy where she is now but I am selfish and want her here with me. She as such a lovely lady who was very well thought of.

Sorry to burden you all with this but I am sitting here blubbing my eyes out and needed to let it out. I'm not looking for sympathy just needed to let it out.

im sorry to hear about your auntie my thoughts are with you xxx

My thoughts are with you babes I think its always awful to lose someone close and when your pregnant and your hormones are everywhere things can be tougher. I lost my best friend when I was pregnant with my first child She was only 28 and so looking forward to helping me with the baby, I like yourself became very low over it all and it just didnt seem fair. I am sure your aunt wouldnt want you to be sad and I am sure she will be looking down on you when the baby arrives :hug:

Hugs & kisses and more hugs. Take care hunny. xx

Oh hun I am so sorry to hear you are feeling so down. Dont apologise, we all have days where we need a rant and a few words or re-assurance and support from fellow geeks can go a long way, as I know from experience. Hope you are feeling a bit more positive soon, just think of your baby, you must feel so lucky in that respect that just as you were giving up hope, life dealt you a good hand and gave you what you wished for x x x x x

:hug: ah sweetie try and be strong:hug:

so sad to hear about your auntie, and the salon etc i suppose is adding a bit of strain.

Try not to stress to much, keep focused on the beautiful bundle of joy that will be arriving before you know it.

Moan away on here babes were all here to listen and help:hug:

amb xx

Ill say a prayer for you..its ok.. dont close your shop...im sorry about your loss:hug:

Oh bless you take care and I am sorry on the news of your Auntie this is sad.

You will soon have baby to hold and hug there is no better medicain than holding a new baby the love you will feel will be tremendous!

I send my thoughts to you right now.

Caz xxx

Big hugs to you hunny x:hug: :hug: :hug:

Ditto to all of the above.

Love

Oh sweetheart i'm so sorry for you, i have lost my Mum 6 yrs ago & your Auntie sounds like she was a secondary Mum to you.
It's not easy going through grief, but you know your little bundle of joy is going to bring you such a lot of happiness. In your condition your hormones do make you very emotional and it may seem like the end of the world, and with your girl leaving you too it must feel like your being deserted. Please don't close your salon, you need time to come to terms with what's happened.

Take care of yourself & baby too. :hug:

I don't know what to say except i'm really sorry for your loss!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well maybe me & you can have a blub together, my dad died on Tuesday and I know what you are going through. i've come on here to cheer myself up and try and keep things ticking over or I'll crack up.
Its good that we feel we can turn to the geeks to make us feel better. Thanks Guys.

Marie i'm so sorry to hear about your Dad!

Thinking of you both! x x x x

my thoughts are with you and your family xxtake good carexx

julesx

Hi I have only been a member on here a couple of weeks and dont really know you or anyone but I read your message and felt how sad you sound and I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. My husbands mum died of a heart attack when I was pregnant with my 2nd child (but his first) she was only 45 and wasnt ill and it hit him hard so I kind of know how you are feeling. Im sure you aunt is watching over you and would not want you to be sad.

sorry to hear all this sad news, puts things into perspective with all the trivial things I worry about! here is a hug , hope you are feeling better soon :hug: x

So sorry to hear of your loss. Just want to give you a big:hug:

Oh Sweetie, I feel so sorry for you, I fully understand all the losses you are feeling, not just for your Auntie now, but for all the things she will miss in the future. Try to focus on the baby now, look after yourself.

Sending you big :hug: :hug: :hug: 's and lots of :Love:

Take care x x

i was so saddened to read about this terrible news, my thoughts are with you - my eyes filled right up reading it, i cant imagine how you must be feeling, but you will soon have a bundle of joy to cuddle, and that will help with your sad times.

sorry to hear about your dad marie, it must be so hard to try and keep a lid on the emotions you must be going thro, i know i couldnt cope with it.

Latest posts

Back