Numbing Spray - Lidocaine

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daisyl said post waxing so before you wax,,,,,
think the idea is if you place the cold compress on the area for a while then it has a numbing affect,,, but in reality it does close the follicles so it makes it more painful to wax as it's harder because of the coldness to the skin it coools the wax quicker so your more likely to get the wax struck on the skin,,,the cold compress is better after you have waxed to cool the skin down.

Post is after x

i think kezza know this what we were saying, maybe im mistaken , was daisyl was saying to place cold compress prior to waxing where as i believe that to close the pores and so in turn will make the waxing experience MORE painful for the client, so we are sayng to place cold ompress AFTER the session

i think kezza know this what we were saying, maybe im mistaken , was daisyl was saying to place cold compress prior to waxing where as i believe that to close the pores and so in turn will make the waxing experience MORE painful for the client, so we are sayng to place cold ompress AFTER the session

If you were to place a cold compress on the skin before waxing then this would make waxing very difficult...think winter and cold legs/feet = wax sticking and not coming away when trying to remove:eek:,also as mentioned the follicles would not be open making waxing more difficult.Im confused as to who means what here :lol:But I know what I think.

I do use Emla for small places/areas and have found it does work(this is on paying clients who really feel they need it bless them)I dont know if it's a case of all in the mind,who knows but if it makes them feel better then thats the main thing.

Sorry that's my mistake saying post is before,,,, I must have been having one of those moments.

There is a numbing pray made for pre waxing GiGi Anesthetic Numbing Spray and it works

i found the distributor for no scream cream in ireland and uk delira!!

Hi all, just wondered...

Has anybody checked with their insurer that they are allowed to numb the skin before waxing - as lack of skin sensitivity is a contra-indication which prevents treatment isn't it?

Erm, I firmly believe it's technique rather than treatment that causes discomfort.

I've not met anyone who has a 'super-smashing-great' time being waxed but there are many ways you can help your customer.

1. Be calm and confident in your approach. If you're calm - he's calm!

2. For a bloke's back wax - familiarise yourself with hair growth patterns (shameless plug for free tutorials click here !)

3. Cleanse and Oil. I've personally experienced other waxing systems and I firmly believe that oiling is a critical component to the most comfortable treatment.

4. Rapid Rip; dithering, multi pull, dropping the strip, etc - are things you should strive to avoid.

5. Parallel Pull: pull the strip absolutely flat against the skin. If you rip towards the ceiling - it Will Hurt.

6. Pressure (and no - not the sort of pressure you feel when you run your own business! :) ). Immediately get pressure on the skin you just waxed. Make it firm - not like you are patting dry a delicate lettuce leaf! Aim to start pressing as soon the last quarter of the strip is removed.

7. Cool: some backwaxees prefer a clean cold flannel in addition to the pressure. It can feel a little strange doing it at first but you'll get used to it!

I had a crane driver in the other day who'd never had a good back wax experience. He'd always dreaded the salon, and only came once every six months. Using these techniques only he was thrilled with the comfort level and has booked up the next five consecutive month's appointments! Result! :)

Jason

I'm sorry but I can't quite believe how you are reacting to this.
They are talking about a numbing cream to a area that is going to be wax by a pro. Consideing that you inject people in face with poison I dont see how you can be so far up on that high horse of yours.

This post is ages old now. Obviously you are unaware of the effects of lidocaine and totally out of verse with botox. I will not even respond further as the comment is frankly - laughable (really, it is)! Makes me smile to myself though!

It does not matter how old this post is as it has come back as people have commented yesterday. Everyone knows what Botox is it's in the name!!!! but I wil not have argument with you over the pro's and con's of Botox mainly because it has not been around long enough for any true,real research, hopfully for everyone that has had it it is compleatly safe, and if a adult wants it it's up to them.
My point was that you went over the top about a cream!!! when two people were just talking about it as home use, it's great to here a point of you but you were frankly the Laughable one!!!
I have heard from some very helpful,kind and nice people on here I hope it stays that way.

The thing we ought to remember is that these boards aren't about home use of products....they are about what is used in the Salon environment, and I for one (having had medical experience of these creams in the past) think that Daisyl was doing by far the right thing cautioning against the use of them for waxing. I've seen more than one adverse reaction to them, when used medically.....and thats without ripping wax off the top of the skin after.

What people choose to do in the comfort of their own home is of course entirely their own choice, but advocating the use here, could mean someone coming along in the future and reading and thinking its Ok for professional use.

Some quotes for you from the manufacturers information on these creams....food for thought!

"In patients treated with EMLA Cream on intact skin, local effects observed in the trials included: paleness (pallor or blanching) 37%, redness (erythema) 30%, alterations in temperature sensations 7%, edema 6%, itching 2% and rash, less than 1%." (Wow - thats quite a large percentage of people having a reaction.)

"Although the incidence of systemic adverse reactions with EMLA Cream is low, caution should be exercised, particularly when applying it over large areas" - and this is cautioned for use in a medical environment by a trained professional!

And my favourite....."Information for Patients: When EMLA Cream is used, the patient should be aware that the production of dermal analgesia may be accompanied by the block of all sensations in the treated skin. For this reason, the patient should avoid inadvertent trauma to the treated area by scratching, rubbing, or exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures until complete sensation has returned" says it all really!!

Last edited:
i use lidocaine5% magic topical anaestetic pre post and during procedure during permanent make up procedures however the particular active ingredient being discussed is not that restricted as you can go in your local chemist or sex shop and buy lidocaine 4% spray as it is also used to control male sensitivity stud 100 is sold in chemist chain in my village

just realised in my last post i forgot to stress i wasnt advising anyone to use stud 100 or anything else bought from the local sex shop in place of there usual lidocaine based products and stress i have not used this product myself
for any treatment or nything else probably because im lacking the required organ lol anyway on a serious note was not advice xxx:wink2::wink2::wink2:

point taken !! Can i ask you about this product??
Yes, No Scream Cream contains 20% benzocaine. It is the same thing the dentist puts inside your mouth before injections..so it's safe.for ALL areas. You could even use No Scream Cream in your mouth if you wanted to.

so there are products that are designed to help numb the area prior to waxing that are safe and FDA approved! This is surely ok

That will be the dentist who trained for 7 years including expertise on anaesthetics, unbelievable!

It is illegal to sell any product with over 5% lido or benzocaine in the product in the UK, for good reason.

EMLA is 5% that and another similar GSL product are designed for skin areas of around [email protected] to allow painless injections.

They are not for coverage of large skin areas in any way shape or form.

I once had a discussion with people importing "no scream" which ended abruptly when I asked for sight of the documentation prooving it was legal for sale in the UK.

Any concentration over 5% is proscribed to the medical profession.

Any untrained person who gets hold of "no scream" and applies it on a large surface area runs the risk of causing serious harm as it would lower blood pressure.

These are the warnings on EMLA for tiny application areas at 5%, think how a large area application at 20% could multiply these issues!!!

Some medical conditions may interact with EMLA Cream. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
  • <LI style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0cm" itxtvisited="1">if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding <LI style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0cm" itxtvisited="1">if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement <LI style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0cm" itxtvisited="1">if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substance <LI style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0cm" itxtvisited="1">if you have severe liver disease, glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, or a perforated ear drum
  • if you have been ill
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with EMLA Cream. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
  • <LI style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0cm" itxtvisited="1">Antiarrhythmics (eg, amiodarone, dofetilide, mexiletine, tocainide), beta-blockers (eg, propranolol), cimetidine, or other medicines containing lidocaine or prilocaine because the risk of side effects or toxic effects, including heart or nerve problems, may be increased <LI style="MARGIN-LEFT: 0cm" itxtvisited="1">Acetaminophen, acetanilid, aniline dyes (eg, p-phenylenediamine), benzocaine, chloroquine, dapsone, naphthalene, nitrates (eg, nitroglycerin, isosorbide), nitrites (eg, sodium nitrite), nitrofurantoin, nitroprusside, pamaquine, para-aminosalicylic acid, phenacetin, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primaquine, quinine, or sulfonamides (eg, sulfamethoxazole) because the risk of side effects, including blood problems, may be increased
  • Succinylcholine because the risk of its side effects may be increased by EMLA Cream
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if EMLA Cream may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.

i found the distributor for no scream cream in ireland and uk delira!!

Brilliant, ask them for written proof from the the Royal Pharmaceutical Society that what they are doing is legal in the UK?

ok so im seeing your passionate about this and rightly so, i was not aware of this limitation on this product to this extenct, thanks for clarifying this for me, many high end wax salons are retailing this shamelessly on the net, in salon windows, how can this be?
also it can be bought via ebay etc

hi. iv got some lidocaine which i got from my doctor so i tried it on myself befor my brazilian wax. it didnt make any difference to the pain at all. i think it only numbs the very top surface of the skin (correct me if im wrong) so possibly doesnt reach down to the hair folicle. dissapointing i know.

Does anyone use or has used a numbing spray with contains the active ingredient Lidocaine.

No. The use of topical anaesthesia is a contraindication for waxing and if I did it anyway, I would void my insurance.

just realised in my last post i forgot to stress i wasnt advising anyone to use stud 100 or anything else bought from the local sex shop in place of there usual lidocaine based products and stress i have not used this product myself
for any treatment or nything else probably because im lacking the required organ

I nearly fell off my chair laughing when I read this. We're onto you now, Nails!

Jason, great advice and awesome result.

Does anyone use or has used a numbing spray with contains the active ingredient Lidocaine.
If so, does it work and how well does it work?

Thanks

My advice is to get him to grit his teeth, not wax hair that is too long and use the black wax if that is any good for him. The spray, don't contemplate using, lidocaine is prescriptive product

x

Latest posts

Back