Ok..lets see more pics of PopIts nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooooo I can't wait to try these PopIts!! Mainly because it will be so much easier to do my own nails!!! My only worry is that I will become lazy and do these all the time and then 4get how to do a good normal set!!

ooooo I can't wait to try these PopIts!! Mainly because it will be so much easier to do my own nails!!! My only worry is that I will become lazy and do these all the time and then 4get how to do a good normal set!!

Well it is true they do make doing nails allot easier, but I wouldn't worry, you never loose your skills if you already have them.

Sorry luffly geeg, but I dont intend to use them, I may one day get some to fiddle with and faff about with but I just cant bring my self to the point where I'd even want to use them, I LOVE to make nails by hand, I think they look more natural, you can achieve that perfect apex arch with practice.

and in all honesty I would pick them off if I can feel that ridge, its like a compulsion - its nothing to do with being up tight - if I can feel it I will pick at it.. this is why I have strived to create the perfect nail that never (hardly ever!) lifts, I see lifting I start picking, so I have worked VERY hard to perfect my prep, application etc and I've got there, it would be like taking a step backwards to have a ridge at the cuti line.... No offence luv, I am sure they are a fab product... & they have piqued my curiousity as any new thing would, but I dont think they are for me.
I've still to use my box of Popits BUT what I can say is that I am still sporting the 2 demo nails I had done by Gigi, 10 days ago - no lifting whatsoever and the ridge is minimal on the thumb but on the nagger finger it is really difficult to feel or see!

I'm sure that when I get around to trying them out on myself - it will be totally different and I will have to buff and refine etc! But I am determined to give them a go at some point so that I can say exactly how I feel about them - never say never :wink2: :hug:

Sorry luffly geeg, but I dont intend to use them, I may one day get some to fiddle with and faff about with but I just cant bring my self to the point where I'd even want to use them, I LOVE to make nails by hand, I think they look more natural, you can achieve that perfect apex arch with practice.

and in all honesty I would pick them off if I can feel that ridge, its like a compulsion - its nothing to do with being up tight - if I can feel it I will pick at it.. this is why I have strived to create the perfect nail that never (hardly ever!) lifts, I see lifting I start picking, so I have worked VERY hard to perfect my prep, application etc and I've got there, it would be like taking a step backwards to have a ridge at the cuti line.... No offence luv, I am sure they are a fab product... & they have piqued my curiousity as any new thing would, but I dont think they are for me.

Fair enough, each to his own. My point is that I want to increase choices and give my customers a chance to make more money offering a faster service. No one is saying to give up doing hand made nails ... it is just one more choice for your clients that nets YOU double the income. If you are smart, you have to look at this option ... and that is all it is.. another option.

....and the concept is just not 'artistically challenging enough' for you, then why not try applying your product with an electric toothbrush next time... that will be artistically challenging! Do you use tips? I sure hope not... that is like... cheating!...

Wow I laughed hard when I read this.

They are beautiful, lovely colour glitter :hug:

:hug:

They look very lovely!!

Sincerely;
Janet:)

Hi guys
can anyone tell me how you use popits with gel? I must sound a bit dim but I just can't get my head around it :confused: Do you put them under the lamp upside down or right way up?
thanks for all your help
cath :)

I've been putting off my rebalance, waiting for popits in the post:cry:

I can't wait to try them!!!!!!!!

Loving all the pics, keep'em coming

:hug:

Hi guys
can anyone tell me how you use popits with gel? I must sound a bit dim but I just can't get my head around it :confused: Do you put them under the lamp upside down or right way up?
thanks for all your help
cath :)

I have put up a step by step for using PopIts with Gel right here on the site. Look at the tutorials section and you will find it.

Hi Geeg
sorry not sure if the last one was sent. I must be missing something but I can't find tutorial ref specifically to using gel with popits, but I do appreciate your help
many thanks
Cath

I saw a demo in Dublin on Monday and was bowled over, have been trying them out on myself this evening. Can someone please tell me, if I have air bubbles is that because the product is too 'wet':irked:. I am a Brisa gal and doing a conversion L&P course in Dublin next week, but was dying to try them out before going. Can someone point me in the right direction, please:confused:.
Thanks.
Debz

I saw a demo in Dublin on Monday and was bowled over, have been trying them out on myself this evening. Can someone please tell me, if I have air bubbles is that because the product is too 'wet':irked:. I am a Brisa gal and doing a conversion L&P course in Dublin next week, but was dying to try them out before going. Can someone point me in the right direction, please:confused:.
Thanks.
Debz

One of a few things could be causing bubbles.

1. Let the bead rest for a couple of seconds in the PopIt before you press it out. (You also do this when applying in the normal way)

2. Press The bead out gently don't pat pat pat.

3. Mix ratio too wet

4. Mix ratio too dry

I was also at the popit day in Dublin. Since sunday i have done about 7 popit sets of nails with new customers, everyone is absolutly lovin them.

Altho you should see me trying to do three things at the same time and still trying to look professional and acting as if everything is normal and i've been doing these popit nails for years.

The first client had a bit of crystalization on a couple of her nails, so i quickly soaked them off and started those two again. Also the product was squeezing out the sides and there was me wiping it away with the pointy end of a brush. I acted as if this was all normal :) and the end result was still great. The Client was very pleased.

I went on to do 6 more sets this week, still charging the same amount as my hand made nails. Everyone was as happy as sandboys, and i had plenty of time in between clients to write xmas cards and put up decs. That was because as Gigi saif, it was much quicker to do the popits than my normal nails, which take me 70 mins on average, poppits take about 45 mins.

All good stuff.

Thanks Geeg, back to the drawing board so. I think I was patting to much, noticed the airbubbles when I flipped the form over and seen underneath. I have a L&P conversion course with Marion on Tues in Dublin, so fingers crossed. Your tutorial on PopIts and gels was great, I wish I had time to put up christmas decs. I am too busy practising with my new toys (thanks santa for the PopIts).
Debbie.

*Waxprincess - They look really nice "but" I'm not sure about the "shadowing" that is showing thru? JMO -

Latest posts

Back