Out of the mouths of babes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyfeet

Reaction score
After something my son said the other morning to me it's prompted me to start a thread on funny things children say.

I'll start by telling you about my six year old son:

yesterday morning my son and i were watching the news on daybreak. As we watched my son pointed out London was on the tv. I said that's right, that's the houses of parliament. George osborne is then seen walking in front of the houses of parliament and my son turns to me and says

'That looks like a man with an evil plan mummy'

Snorting my coffee up my nose and across the room my son then asks

'is he a goodie or a baddy?'

How to answer that one? ;)

I think your son is HIGHLY perceptive :eek:

Lol! That's funny! Kids say si many things I wish I wrote them down as the book would be a best seller !

When my son was about two, we went to the chip shop. Standing waiting he SHOUTED "mummy look that looks like daddys Willy" while pointing at a chop suey (sp?) Roll ! He did not understand why mummy was literally crying with laughter, as were the rest if the shop! Lol

Oh my! Bless him.

How DID you answer it?? x

Brilliant idea for a thread!

My girl has just started making sentences so nothing to report (yet) apart from how she likes to shout 'daddy' at random men when she's fed up waiting at the supermarket checkout.

It used to be only men with a certain top on. When she realised the man and cashier laugh or the man with his partner squirms it became a regular thing she now does with a cheeky grin!

Lindsey :)

Anthony once told me I frightened him death... He told his dad this morning that he was sexy. When I drive he says in a scary voice mummy, it's gonna happen to you. Loads of stuff... He's been here before, my boy.

When my grandson was really young, he started hiccupping and couldn't stop. As I'm sitting there, he turns to me and says, 'Grandma, I got the pickups'. I still LMAO when I think of it. The look on his face was priceless!

When my oldest was about 15 months, we were driving in the car with the radio on and I'm snappng my fingers to the music. He's trying so hard to make the SNAP sound but it just wouldn't happen. He finally looks at me, makes the snapping motion (no snap sound) and says, 'Broke'. I about died laughing!

Kids are the best! :D

I asked my daughter when she was about 6 'Whos that man' It was Tony Blair when he was prime minister on the tv.She as quick as a flash said 'The Devil':eek::biggrin:

Anthony calls hiccups, haircups...

We were going to a friends for dinner and my son asked me what we were having, I said southern fried chicken and he asked if that was chicken legs, I asked why chicken legs? He said because that is the southern part of the chicken!

Good God... I could go on forever with the things my son has, and still does, come out with....

at 18 months he couldn't say 'cup of coffee' it always came out as 'fu@koffee' now I know you shouldn't laugh at these things but I just couldn't help it especially when he tried to ask what I was drinking... 'fu@koffee mommy? fu@ckoffee?' lmao!

And until he was about 7 he refered to his underpants as 'Box of shorts'.... oh the tears of laughter!!!

So many more, he just cracks me up, and I have it all to look forward to again with my daughter who is 5 months... can't wait! lol

Oh and pins and needles were..... needles and peedles!

And now, when he gets them bad they are 'knives and daggers' roflmao!

My 5 year old said to my nan "did you used to look like my mum before you got them lines on your face!!!!"

Haha

He also went up to a lady in the preschool queue when he was 3 and said "my mum is a hairdresser do you need a haircut?"

i came in from the shop this afternoon and my daughter whos 4 asked "mummy did you buy 20 lambert and butter and 2 lucky ducks"

when she was about 2 we were standing in a q in shop behind a man and she shouted at the top of her voice "mummy that mans bum stinks" :o i wanted the ground to swallow me up

My brother when he started talking said piss instead of crisps so he'd say anywhere in front of anyone 'mummy I wanna piss!' everyone would look like what's a child that age using language like that for !

Haha so funny tho xxx

My son when was younger standing in a queue in a shop, top of his voice of course, "mummy why are that lady's eyebrows painted on her face?" they were pretty dodgy haha, then on the same day on the bus home we had to sit in separate seats, he was next to quite a large lady, me panicking, & right on cue he shouts at the top of his voice again " mum this big fat lady is squashing me!" I could have died but she laughed & so did the rest of the bus, my mum said I was exactly the same so it's payback haha

Rofl!! Sooo funny. I can't wait until my son comes out with this stuff!!!

i came in from the shop this afternoon and my daughter whos 4 asked "mummy did you buy 20 lambert and butter and 2 lucky ducks"

when she was about 2 we were standing in a q in shop behind a man and she shouted at the top of her voice "mummy that mans bum stinks" :o i wanted the ground to swallow me up

Hahaha poor little thing being just at that height ! :D

Omg PMSL! Hahahaha!! The poor man, although it should teach him to be a bit cleaner!

I am loving this thread-I cant wait to have kiddy winkles and die of embarrassment :)
Keep 'em coming geeks
x

Latest posts

Back