Partners and the nail geek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elegancenails

Reaction score
please tell me im not alone here

i get very excited after my daily dose of geek chat and has anyone else ever tried to explain the site enthusiastically to their boyfriend/ husband, just to be met with that glazed look of "yeah whatever love" AND then expect to jump for joy when he talks about a his rugby team and how "these boys are gonna win the season!" grrrrr, men!
:eek:

lol he knows im crazy so ignores my random outbursts anyway *throws nail file at him*......... nope nothin :rolleyes:

lol

ive just looked at your nail cabin.... i am very jealous, fab idea!

x

I hear you, but they soon get to know all about it even when they don't want to, either they question why you are laughing so much, or why you are sitting at the computer saying ahhhhhhh that's it or shouting at the monitor! :lol:
It's only you that shouts at the monitor Fi :lick::green: (Couldn't find my shy whistling emote :))

I don't have a partner but have a toyboy boyfriend, he seems quite interested in my work but we are at the dating stage so I can't bore him with indepth conversations on salon issues lol

During my marriage I was on here all the time which got unhealthy but it was to ignore the ex hubby. Now I am happy and busy, I don't really have time to read everything!

Thankfully my Sonia "gets it"; she has an account on here too (PuggyLover) except she's forgotten the login details! But then we've both always been into beauty, make-up, hair and nails!

my hubby is ok with the time i spend on here, it means that i dont moan about the boring tv or expect to watch anything of my choice on it.

he sees me geeking and says 'are you on sweatyboysbums.com again?'
to which i reply, 'yeah, it keeps me out of the nightclubs!'

its a bit of a ritual now:)

I am still very new to nails and to this site - the only time my hubby pays any attention is if I mention chemicals and stuff. He is a gadget head and loves talk of electric gadgets but that is about it lol

He is definitely a laptop widow though ;)

My husband has been making enquiries into whether or not a computer can be sited in a divorce case. :eek:

If he wants to rile me up, he asks, "Are you 'playing' on the computer again?"

Playing????? :smack:

My Jay calls it 'Freaky Geeky'!!!!

....but after 5 years, he's kinda learned to deal with it!....and I've met some fab pals on here, who he met recently and now completely understands:eek:.

He actually finds it quite strange if I haven't been on for a day. :)

PMSL, I've just explained Geek Bear!!! You should see his face!!! PMSL

Last edited:
I am still quite a new geek so my husband is quite impressed with me, he thinks I am researching:lol:, so I am well in the good books!! I do have to contain my giggles sometimes cos I don't want my cover to be blown quite yet:) xx

My husband is very good about it and just asks 'Are you nailing?' when I'm on here. He reaps the rewards with an occasional mani/pedi and I've 'Cured' a permanent split he has in one nail by keeping it 'Wrapped,' so I never get moaned at. :)

He's a chartered accountant and so he comes in handy when I have any queries over 'Business' type threads I read regarding the financial side of things, which is all very useful.

when asked what im doing (about 15 mins ago) i reply "on the nail geek again" his reply "any good" :eek: though shall never question the goodness of the nail geek... :smack:

ive been i conversation for a while now and dont know half the subjects ive ummd and arhhd at. uhhhhh... "terracotta?"

My boyf is never home long enough to know how much time I spend researching on here. Even when he is sat next to me on the sofa (I only have a laptop) he pays no attention!!!!
God, can u tell he's in my bad books!
X
Posted via Mobile Device

I just tell him everything I read that's interesting......

If he remembers it or even listening is something yet to be discovered, but I don't care really.....

My best friend is my ex (from 12 years ago), when he stays here and I am geeking, I give him all the goss about whats going on, he appreciates my online interest in my career (unless I get off the puter and am fuming), which sometimes happens. I tell him about all the character on here and he feels he knows them too ...... he has spoken with Adele and he often asks how she is doing (and visa versa), he asks about Geeg too (as I have met her and talk about the visit) etc .... so it's all good with Tim :)

Well after quite some time I think I have a partner (yep a real one) and within 12 hours of us meeting, I put him on the phone to Adele (as far as I'm concerned, it's a necessary introduction) :)

It will be interesting to see what he thinks as the relationship progresses.

My best friend is my ex (from 12 years ago), when he stays here and I am geeking, I give him all the goss about whats going on, he appreciates my online interest in my career (unless I get off the puter and am fuming), which sometimes happens. I tell him about all the character on here and he feels he knows them too ...... he has spoken with Adele and he often asks how she is doing (and visa versa), he asks about Geeg too (as I have met her and talk about the visit) etc .... so it's all good with Tim :)

Well after quite some time I think I have a partner (yep a real one) and within 12 hours of us meeting, I put him on the phone to Adele (as far as I'm concerned, it's a necessary introduction) :)

It will be interesting to see what he thinks as the relationship progresses.

........................and very nice they were too :)

My husband is aware of all my friends on here and knows all of them by name. If he is cooking when I talk to Carl (Nailzoo) he often reminds me that dinner is in an hour:eek:

Last year James had just accepted the "geek thing" when i announced i was going to the event with some fellow geeks that i hadnt yet met. He then thought it might be some kind of cult and i was going to be serial killed.:lol: Im still here to tell the tale though:lol:

My hubby walks past and says are you geeking again and than sneaks off to watch is motor bike racing in peace knowing he won't get disturb lol ..xx

Latest posts

Back