Pic of broken nail for all the "it fell offs"..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i cant believe she told you that ' it just fell off '.i get really annoyed sometimes when people have said that to me before they have admitted what really caused it as i dont think that they realise that when they say that,it then makes us think that we must of done something wrong.as the picture shows you can clearly see that it didnt just fall off.
you've done a great job of repairing it and i love the idea of the colour on the nail bed,was this to hide any nail bed damage?

Its a warm pink coverage gel ...to be honest i use it on everyone as its such a lovely colour and unless you use it to build with it doesn't cover.

For full coverage i would build with it.

The top coat is a opalescent top coat.

I lightly buffed the nail plate and this removed all the taggy bits from the nail plate...to be honest the nail plate looked ok by the time i have prepped.

Thanks for showing us this angie..........and i am so glad you told her what you thought aswell !!!!!!.....well done again and good thread xx

When I was doing my NVQ3 my sister was a model and when she came back for her infill she only had 3 left on.
As I was new to it I was very worried about my application, especially when she said "they just fell off"
During the session we got talking about how they fell off, some fell off playing air hockey, opening the car door and biting one that had lifting.
It actually turned out that it was her heavy handedness that had done it!

Brilliant thread hun,
and dont you just love those clients :lol:

Hi, I’m new to this site and have been doing acrylics since the end of last year, i asked a friend to be a model for me and i did her nails beautifully (and for free), people at the school were commenting on them on the Friday afternoon, then at 7:30am on Saturday morning i get a text from her saying one of her nails has come off so i told her to come straight round and i'll fix it, when she arrived her nail was broken off, when i asked her how she had done it she said...."well i was cleaning out the skip at the back of the auction house......" I said you were what? I had gone through the after care with her and that she has to treat her nails like prize possessions, i redid the nail and she went on her way. Well by Monday afternoon she was hiding her hands up her sleeve and when her daughter came out of school she gave her mother her bag and that’s when i saw her nails, she'd removed all her nails! you could see where she'd picked them off! She told me that they'd fallen off and as i was so new to it i thought there was something wrong with my application. Well i had a paying client a couple of day's later and she's a repeat customer, she has never lost a nail none of them have "fallen off" I must say that when you are just starting out and someone tells you that their nails fell off, it put's a dent in your confidence. Anyway sorry if this was too long, Jo.xx

Not only can you see the shredding to the natural nail where the product has been wrenched off, but if the product wasnt properly adhered in the first place there would more than likey be discolouration from a bacterial infection.

It's sooo easy to see where a nail has been picked as opposed to one not applied correctly. When I first got my popits I wasnt doing them properly, and the product wasnt adhered to the nail plate except for a bit around the edges. So, when a bit of lift occured, they genuinely did drop off, but you could see underneath that the nail plate was shiny and undamaged, but yellow because of bacterial infection where water got in. (glad to say my popits are much better now!)

Be firm with these little beggars!! We all have them, if you dont be tough and charge for those replacements they will take advantage.

Ace thread, and a fantastic looking repair, well done!!

Lovely thread Angie, and as usual lovely work too:hug:

I've had quite a few clients and friends claiming they just fell off, or came off in the bath as said earlier how on earth lol I sometimes get annoyed I mean do they seriously think were stupid lol my friend has a koala buffer and she'll break a nail bite the rest off and then bufff it, and thinks I'll still believe it fell off! I always get the truth out of her in the end but wish she would just leave it as is as she keeps damaging her ow nails grrr lol xx

It really annoys me when they say 'my nails are a nightmare' which is almost like them saying 'this has never happened to me before - what did you do different'

When I ask what have you done its ' nothing that I dont always do' meaning 'scrub the floors - pick bits of the table, scraped the walls etc but they didnt break then '

When they break - its always their fault. Try getting them to admit it tho.

That bad boy was picked off!!!
Great repair job angie!...when they look that good i cannot understand why clients would want to pick them off!!!

Thanks for posting the pics

xx

today I was at work I saw my friend nibbling on one of her nails as soon as I saw her i knew she was trying to remove them, I havent done my course yet but I know what the damage is, I told her off, I was like what are you doing with your finger in your mouth? are you trying to remove your nail? she actually said yes! lol. I informed her straight away what the damage would be and pointed her in the direction of some acetone (we work in a pharmacy) she did take some home but I know she will prob remove them with her teeth! I will def be checking her nails in the morning!!!

if it fell off it would be the hole nail, that is trauma to nail looks like it either got knocked and tore off or she bit it cos was little lifting on side, she prob a picker. but remember customer retention is important dont annoy her unless she is always a total pain in but most ppl tell 10 others of bad service asopposed to 2 pl they tell of good servce, sometimes it pays to re do the nail. i give a 3 day gaurantee anythng after they pay for, it eliminates ppl who try pick nails off each week for new set, believe me you get pllike that!

Oh it does make me chuckle when these nails 'fall off'. Lovely transformation. What did you use for the free edge angie? x

Fab thread Angie....it just fell off lol.....good picture to show to fledgling techs when you know they didn't just 'fall off'!

Angie thankyou for giving me the inspiration for my dream last night lol,....go on, guess what it was about,
yup !

My client had bitten all of her nails off, and was standing in MY kitchen shouting at ME coz "her nails fell off"
I was looking at them in horror...her natural nails were ripped to shreds, they were all pitted and brown and horrible...she was an old witchey looking lady...
and it wasnt a nice dream...and I blame you !!!!!!

Lol :green:
I need to stop geeking right before bed, and start reading my Enid Blyton books again !

Angie thankyou for giving me the inspiration for my dream last night lol,....go on, guess what it was about,
yup !

My client had bitten all of her nails off, and was standing in MY kitchen shouting at ME coz "her nails fell off"
I was looking at them in horror...her natural nails were ripped to shreds, they were all pitted and brown and horrible...she was an old witchey looking lady...
and it wasnt a nice dream...and I blame you !!!!!!

Lol :green:
I need to stop geeking right before bed, and start reading my Enid Blyton books again !

LOL we deffo need more pics and threads like these. LOVE it! some people eh?

Oh it does make me chuckle when these nails 'fall off'. Lovely transformation. What did you use for the free edge angie? x

natural POW by Akzentz (gel) :hug:

i once had a lady who said 'she just looked at it and it fell off' ha ha ha she must have lazer vision:):lol::green:

that nail looked really painful

isn't it amazing some of the c**p clients come out with and they actually expect us to believe them

Latest posts

Back