Really disappointed with Vistaprint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mary1981

Reaction score
I picked up my business cards from post office today that i ordered from vistaprint and i'm gutted. They look so cheap and i'd be embrassed to hand them out. I went for a glossy black card with pink foil writing, just a very plain and simple design. The black is flaking off, they seem to have foiled the black too, and they are thin and small, i even ordered the premium cards. My sister in law used vista for her hairdressing ones and they looked great so i trusted them.
I've contacted them for a refund so think i'll go elsewhere, wary of online ones now and local companies are understandably more expensive. I also ordered a mug, pen and keyring as i had a coupon code and these items are fab so hopefully i can just get the cards refunded.
Any geeks have any recommendations?

I have clear plastic frosted cards with gold writing and everyone comments on them.
I scoured the internet to find a company that was reasonable on price but produced good cards. I paid £150 for 1000 and that was with delivery.
They also do the glossy cards, normal cards and promotional items.
They are based in Manchester but i live in Kidderminster and i would definitely recommend them.

AFP Design and Print | Printers | Printing Services

I always use Vistaprint and have only ever had one problem.
They cannot be beaten on price in my opinion, it may just be a blip and I am sure if you asked for another set they would send them, or opt for a different design.
x

I agrree with misspink...I have vistaprint (black and glossy) and they are really nice they even put my name grammaticaly correct (turkish spelling, got a squiggle under the c). That was maybe a dodgy batch contact them and see if they will rectify it before you go elsewhere. x

We have used vistaprint for an absolute multitude of things and I can honestly say we have been very happy. My only exception to this is the bi-fold brochures these were really thin, the print quality was very poor and were worse than naff. So any future buyers beware of the brochures..:lol:

I have used vista print many times I have been dissapointed a few times so always order small amounts and if I like them order more I did have the bi fold and thought they were rubbish lol

I have clear plastic frosted cards with gold writing and everyone comments on them.
I scoured the internet to find a company that was reasonable on price but produced good cards. I paid £150 for 1000 and that was with delivery.
They also do the glossy cards, normal cards and promotional items.
They are based in Manchester but i live in Kidderminster and i would definitely recommend them.

AFP Design and Print | Printers | Printing Services

Angelina you could be a millionaire by now! You should start charging for your info lol. Is there any company you don't know about? What would we do without you? :hug: xxx

Thanks for everyones comments, i think perhaps i will see if they can redo them first, i've emailed them anyway so shall see what they say! I love the sound of clear ones though!

I use Vista and for what you pay i think they are brilliant...I could get better ones but not for that price....and when i think how many must end up in the bin ... cheep and cheerful...thats me....:lol: x

I use Vista and for what you pay i think they are brilliant...I could get better ones but not for that price....and when i think how many must end up in the bin ... cheep and cheerful...thats me....:lol: x

Absolutely agree with you there! When I think of the amount of cards I have posted through doors. Hundreds at a time just for one reply or sometimes even nothing. As long as they are half decent looking and you have a really good website with the address on there I don't think you need to spend tons xxx

Also love the sound of the clear ones...um...very nice and a talking piece...has to get ur moneys worth. Interested because i was about to put an order in with vista...for black with pink! but obviously goin to wait now see how this pans out. \however the one i was looking at they reommended the matt finish for my design...i wonder if the foil would b more suited to matt than glossy card stock?

interested to hear more
lealei

The thing with the plastic cards is that people tend to keep them. They put them in their purse or wallet with their credit cards so always have them on their person. They also don't go tatty like other business cards.
Business cards are sometimes the first contact a person has with your business and i think it's important to make a good impression.
Kylie i think i spend far too much time trawling the web looking for great deals :lol:

The thing with the plastic cards is that people tend to keep them. They put them in their purse or wallet with their credit cards so always have them on their person. They also don't go tatty like other business cards.
Business cards are sometimes the first contact a person has with your business and i think it's important to make a good impression.
Kylie i think i spend far too much time trawling the web looking for great deals :lol:

I have seen these types of business cards and would agree with Angelina on everything she says. They are very classy looking and impressed me when I saw them and everyone else I showed them were impressed too. They definately have a wow factor.

anne xx

I tried Vistaprint once and was not a fan. I was trying to save some money as my existing cards were very expensive. Big mistake, I thought the ones from Vista looked cheap, they were meant to be from the premium range and they were awful. I actually felt embarrassed to give them out, which I had to for a week until I got my normal ones in.
It may have been because I used a custom design but they were on low grade card, all different sizes and the print was incomplete in places. I thought the postage was expensive too, probably to make up for the cheap price of the cards.

I think using a local printers, for me, has worked out better. You get a proof before they are printed and it is a more personal service. I feel there is no cutting corners with business cards as they represent your business. Always a sound investment! :)

I must say for the things I've ordered, appointment cards, name cards, postcards, etc, they've all been great. Maybe it is just your luck, or the finish you choose.

I have mine clear at the back and use them to write their appointments on...so i get 2 uses for mine...business card and appointment card

for me vista print has been great! i got exactly what I wanted at a very affordable price, great for a start up business!!!:)

Hi I use vistaprint all the time and only ever pay postage. I've done loads of mail shots using their postcards, and hand out brochures which are lovely and glossy. The cards can be a little flimsy and mat but you can upgrade. i think you were unlucky with the choices you made. Don't give up. they won't, and if you post your complaint to [email protected] they will refund you. I have had refunds when its been my fault! Good luck.x

I've been using Vistaprint for years with very few problems.

I would call them and tell the about the problems with your cards. I had an issue with the back of some of my postcards once - the greyscale print was so pale you couldn't read it. I wrote to Customer Service, and they provided a telephone number to call - I got through right away and they agreed to send me a new batch free of charge.

If the colour is flaking off, I'd definately complain.

* Here's another tip - with the business cards, choose the advanced editing option, and just delete the little Vistaprint logo they automatically include on the back. I always hated how it mucked up my design, and felt I didn't want to tell the world where I got my cards!

We use Print24 for a lot of printing. They are really good for budget brochures, flyers and postcards.
If you are looking for some more premium then have a look at moo.com They do very nice laminated ones which come in their own card holder.

Latest posts

Back