Rockstar nails-which method do you prefer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joingram87

Reaction score
Evening everyone :)

I was just wondering, having just rockstared my toes, whats your personal favourite way of doing this with shellac and/or gel?

Tonight I have scrubbed my glitter into the inhibition layer of shellac. The few times I have done it it has Always been this way so don't have any other way to compare it 2 ;) hehe.

Just watched hollys v2 rockstar video and they are very bling and sparkly rather than nice and 'foily' if you kwim.

So, what's your fav way to bling your clients toes the rockstar way!? Xx

Last edited:
Evening everyone :)

I was just wondering, having just rockstared my toes, whats your personal favourite way of doing this with shellac and/or gel?

Tonight I have scrubbed my glitter into the inhibition layer of shellac. The few times I have done it it has Always been this way so don't have any other way to compare it 2 ;) hehe.

Just watched hollys v2 rockstar video and they are very bling and sparkly rather than nice and 'foily' if you kwim.

So, what's your fav way to bling your clients toes the rockstar way!? Xx
I like to sprinkle, clients love the bling......:cool:

i apply a coloured shimmer gel and then apply the glitter the shimmr colour under neath really intensifys the glitter for extra sparklethen i finish with clear gel over the stop to smooth over the roughness

I really like Hollys V3 video i watched only yesterday. Im going to try it this way and see if its best for me, its looks less messy!

I'm tempted to sprinkle next time to see how that looks and if I can make it more blingy like jersey jock!

Hollys v3 is great though I manage to make a mess. Hehe maybe thats just me ;) (i did put couch roll underneath, forgot to mention earlier, think i should swap it for paper!)xx

Last edited:
I've only done them once and I sprinkled into wet gel. I don't know what they look like now as dd is away at the moment. At the time they looked amazing. I used purple holographic glitter.

I did the sprinkle method into Shellac on my own the other day and to say bling is an understatement, I pressed the glitter in like Holly did on her video!!! However i will try the scrub method too just to compare for my own piece of mind...I certainly didn't use as much glitter as I thought i would and hardy any wastage at all so was very impressed :biggrin:

If you lay a piece of paper under the foot when you sprinkle you can catch the excess glitter and tip it back into the glitter pot......... no wastage....... I tell my client that they are getting sprinkled in fairy dust, love it so fun to do :Love:

Ive got my clients hooked on the rock star look lol
I do them the way holly dose in V3 video but some times I press with the brush instead of smooth , as I find they are more sparkly and less foil(ish)? Like this.*

I follow Holly's v3 video with the paper underneath to try and not make as much of a mess lol. I also use a brush to press the glitter in. My results have been VERY sparkly, my clients are loving them!!

My fiancé is calling me Tinkerbelle, when I get home and change out of my uniform, there's glitter EVERYWHERE!! Lol :) xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1305932287.803231.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1305932200.802677.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1305932200.802677.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,080
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1305932424.174361.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1305932424.174361.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 524
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1305932813.887067.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1305932813.887067.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 944
Oh wow mizzy, they are lovely! The pic I took today didn't come out very well. Grr!

How did you do the 'cracked' ones? The purple i have on my toes is like the purple on the fingers but looks more foily. Did you press or scrub the glitter in these?

I sprinkle the glitter into uncured gel and then give it a bit longer in the lamp to ensure a full cure. I recently did my own fingernails ivory glitter with brown glitter tips and wasn't able to sprinkle as I needed to make sure the smile line was crisp so patted the glitter into the gel instead. They came out sparkly but not as "blingy" as when I sprinkle. Not quite sure why that is though??.............

I do them like Holly, I find if I put a crease down the centre (length ways) of an A4 sheet of paper it's very easy to tip the glitter back into the pot.
I love what dizzy has done, think some of this is with crackle polish over the top and then a shiny top coat?
Need my dil's nails now to have a play with, mine are megga short at the moment so can't do anything with my own. May have a play with my toes though :biggrin:

I also use the sprinkle method onto wet gel. I also use holographic glitters which give an amazing, blingy, dazzling effect! really makes a difference! I use a folded piece of thick paper or card underneath to catch the glitter, then pour the excess back into the pot - voila! no mess! :biggrin:

I have only tries sprinkling glitter into wet gel. I want to try it with shellac but I am worried about getting glitter in my top coat. Does anyone have any suggestions apart from getting another topcoat. Can you buy empty nail varnish bottles than I could pour some into for glittering?

Also I make cards so to catch the excess glitter I used my snappy tray which worked well as it has a pourer on the end to help get the glitter back in the pot.

Will have to try the other methods as well :)
X

I too use the sprinkle into wet gel method. But I use my cuticle pushy like a little scoop and just tap it gently to sprinkle. Much more controlled and much less mess and wasted glitter. Not sure if it was on here where I read it or somewhere else but it worked really well. C x

I have only tries sprinkling glitter into wet gel. I want to try it with shellac but I am worried about getting glitter in my top coat. Does anyone have any suggestions apart from getting another topcoat. Can you buy empty nail varnish bottles than I could pour some into for glittering?

Also I make cards so to catch the excess glitter I used my snappy tray which worked well as it has a pourer on the end to help get the glitter back in the pot.

Will have to try the other methods as well :)
X

I have ended up with glitter in my structure gel (gelish) but I have bought another one and will keep it dedicated to glitter. Same with top it off.

Wow mizzy those look fab! How did you do the cracked ones? Do you use gel or shellac for your nails. Look great xx

Latest posts

Back